DIY Trailer Lift install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice job

You might suggest to your BIY to balance those trailer tires, the trailer is much nicer to tow. Besides smoothing out the ride, it's less stress on the tires and the bearings from all the bouncing. Reduces the trailer tire blowouts significantly and increases tire life, in my experience.

Comment

Did that to a travel trailer. Made it easier to get it thru low dips in road to lease. Our local travel trailer did it for me.

Comment

Sorry. Meant to say travel trailer dealer. Fat fingers. Lol

Comment

Here it sits all loaded up working. He’ll get some slightly bigger tires for it one of these days. Most folks wouldn’t know the difference. The MULE on the trailer is the one we installed the lift on, also in the DIY here. He purchased the lift for the expedition but we haven’t got around to that yet. Probably take us a solid day. You can also see the custom front bumper we built for it. I posted a few pics somewhere on here as well (not a complete build along).

Comment

This lift kit was exactly what I needed. I’ve been dragging going through a dry creek bed on a ranch I have listed for sale. After the trailer lift kit was installed I have no problem. Thank you eTrailer for the kit and my brother in-law for the install.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Gummi Bear View Post
              Nice job

You might suggest to your BIY to balance those trailer tires, the trailer is much nicer to tow. Besides smoothing out the ride, it's less stress on the tires and the bearings from all the bouncing. Reduces the trailer tire blowouts significantly and increases tire life, in my experience.

I’ll do that. Thank you for the info. I’ve pulled trailers all my life. I can’t recall ever balancing the tires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

you can always put a jack under the tongue when loading a mower or low clearance vehicle to make it easy to load, or add a couple 2x4 under gate end

Nice build

Comment

Working...
                X