Old Hickory Revamp.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old Hickory Revamp.

I decided to try to revamp an old hickory knife I was given to put some of my personal taste into to make it mine it is nowhere near the level of the knife makers on her but thought I would share as a fun project. Basically I removed the stock scales red shaped the handle area “. I also put a spot for a lanyard. I used carbon fiber arrows for the pins and them did a apple cider vinegar wash on the blade. The handle is zebra wood that was finished with CA glue.
    Attached Files

Nice. They just came out with a new style knife. More Busch crafter style.

Comment

Turned out really nice !!

Comment

I have a drawer full of old hickory. All of them old. I really like them, and pick up every one I can at garage sales.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

About 1:18 in to vid.
          Ontario is increasing the Old Hickory lineup. Saw these two that caught my eye. They all come with leather sheaths. An official Kephart from old hickory! I never thought the day would come.

Comment

That turned out really nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by White Falcon View Post
              Yeah I saw that, kephart. I build this for kind of camp grill knife. The funny thing it condor came out with a knife that looks a lot like this one lol.

Comment

Looks great! Definitely an upgrade.

Comment

Looks great, good work there, I love my Old Hickory knifes- I used a buffalo skinner to clean deer that I cut a bit off the top to make it more like a Nessmuk style blade.

Comment

That's the first butch knife I've seen with a bottle opener for beer. Great job!

Comment

Very Nice

Comment

That looks really nice. How did you get the old scales off?

Comment

Originally posted by SamHarper View Post
                          That looks really nice. How did you get the old scales off?
                          Wrapped the blade with painters tape and then a bunch of duct tape. Then slowly driller the heads off of each side. Always keep the blade so that if it does catch on the drill bit that it does not sling the sharp edge first.

Comment

Working...
                          X