Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 2019 TBH APR Special Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone with an apr 6.5 Creedmoor that can tell me what the bottom of bullet to ogive measurement is for 140 eldm bullet is.

Comment

I ordered mine about lunchtime on Friday and the guy I talked to said they had at least 80 tbh orders and counting. This was a great deal. Thanks APR!

Comment

Looks like Mesa is offering that cerakote color to the public now. Dang it looks good.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5532.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	31.3 KB
ID:	24571295Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5533.jpg
Size:	25.5 KB
ID:	24571296Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5534.jpg
Size:	29.7 KB
ID:	24571297

Comment

nice

Comment

What’s y’all’s thoughts on this?

I chose not to get a brake on my 6.5 PRC build but I’m thinking I would rather have one and take it off and screw on the thread protector if needed. My thought is range time use the brake and hunting without it. My question is how much would it change the point of impact and what would y’all suggest with or without?

I would rather have it match color wise and never use it than get something later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by raiderholic View Post
              Anyone with an apr 6.5 Creedmoor that can tell me what the bottom of bullet to ogive measurement is for 140 eldm bullet is.
              I have one from last year and can give CBTO for the 143. If you send me a 140 I can measure it. I also have some 147s and would bet the ogive would be the same as the 140.

In reality every chamber is likely a little different plus he's likely burned up a few reamers since mine was built.

If you're wanting to load some ammo ahead of getting the rifle, just load them long and bump them to the final deminsion once you receive the rifle.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post
                I have one from last year and can give CBTO for the 143. If you send me a 140 I can measure it. I also have some 147s and would bet the ogive would be the same as the 140.

In reality every chamber is likely a little different plus he's likely burned up a few reamers since mine was built.

If you're wanting to load some ammo ahead of getting the rifle, just load them long and bump them to the final deminsion once you receive the rifle.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
                Yes please give me with the 143. I will remeasure mine with the 143. I keep getting way different numbers when measuring. I think my case for measuring must be too thick and bullet gets tight pushing through or something. I have measured several times and never got the same reading. Would appreciate it.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
                  What’s y’all’s thoughts on this?

I chose not to get a brake on my 6.5 PRC build but I’m thinking I would rather have one and take it off and screw on the thread protector if needed. My thought is range time use the brake and hunting without it. My question is how much would it change the point of impact and what would y’all suggest with or without?

I would rather have it match color wise and never use it than get something later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  You can put the Hellfire break on and off yourself easily. YouTube it. I chose 6.5PRC Tier 1 also and Robert said I would need a break to spot hits/misses with this combination. You could get it and shoot. Then take the brake off and shoot again to see how it changes point of impact.

Comment

Originally posted by Txhuntr2 View Post
                    You can put the Hellfire break on and off yourself easily. YouTube it. I chose 6.5PRC Tier 1 also and Robert said I would need a break to spot hits/misses with this combination. You could get it and shoot. Then take the brake off and shoot again to see how it changes point of impact.
                    This is the same setup I went with, also. I plan on running the 419 brake until I get a can for it.

Comment

I'm back! Sounds like there was a final rush at the last minute. Thanks to everyone who participated in this year's TBH special. I'll try to get a tally and some stats posted on caliber choices tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Stick1 View Post
                        I'm back! Sounds like there was a final rush at the last minute. Thanks to everyone who participated in this year's TBH special. I'll try to get a tally and some stats posted on caliber choices tomorrow.
                        Good deal!

Will you be around the shop on Thursday probably around lunch, maybe a little after? I'm coming to Ft. Worth for a funeral and would love to come by and see the place, meet you, and have a look at some of the items your using for the build. If my Christensen that y'all are bedding is ready I could pick it up to save the shipping as well, if not no worries.

Comment

Just stating fact

Robert is one fine Man !!!!!

looking forward to my 300 PRC next year's build

Comment

Originally posted by Stick1 View Post
                            This sounds like it could turn into a good contest!

I am thinking the 6.5 prc will be in first place with a total of 65% of orders.

Comment

Originally posted by Txsurveyor2014 View Post
                              This sounds like it could turn into a good contest!

I am thinking the 6.5 prc will be in first place with a total of 65% of orders.
                              I guess we could all put some dinero on this. LOL My bet is 7/08 #1

Comment

1. 6.5 PRC
                                2. 7mm 08
                                3. 6.5CM

Lol those are my top 3 in order

Comment

Working...
                                X