Any CZ 17 hornet owners?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any CZ 17 hornet owners?

Thinking about picking up a CZ Varminter in 17 hornet, anyone have one?

Most fun you can have with your pants on

Love my 17 Ackley Hornet
    11 grs of powder , 20 gr Vmax = 3800 fps

Comment

I have a Ruger stainless and it’s an incredible little rifle.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
        Most fun you can have with your pants on

Love my 17 Ackley Hornet
        11 grs of powder , 20 gr Vmax = 3800 fps

Your the reason I want one so badly! Really want a 17AI but a basic hornet might have to work for now.

Comment

Love mine!! Threaded with a Boyd's stock. If I wasn't so skeered it wouldn't shoot as good I would cut it down to 16ish inches. 24" with a can is lots.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by frazee3200 View Post
            Love mine!! Threaded with a Boyd's stock. If I wasn't so skeered it wouldn't shoot as good I would cut it down to 16ish inches. 24" with a can is lots.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
            Good chootin!

Comment

Love mine. But haven’t shot it in a couple years.

Comment

Originally posted by HOOKNBULLET2 View Post
                Love mine. But haven’t shot it in a couple years.
                Wanna sell?

Comment

I have the CZ527 Varmint in the 17 Remington so I can't speak to the 17 Hornet. But what I can tell you is that I am very impressed with the CZ527 Varmint. It is the first CZ I have owned and would not hesitate to buy another one. In my opinion it is very well made and the fit and finish is very nice for an off the shelf rifle.

Comment

Originally posted by WyoBull View Post
                    I have the CZ527 Varmint in the 17 Remington so I can't speak to the 17 Hornet. But what I can tell you is that I am very impressed with the CZ527 Varmint. It is the first CZ I have owned and would not hesitate to buy another one. In my opinion it is very well made and the fit and finish is very nice for an off the shelf rifle.
                    How do you like the 17 remington? Pretty hard hitting

Comment

My FIL has one and it is an awesome little gun. Pig killin machine!

Comment

I have this exact rifle that I use for calling fox and cats. Runs great with my SpectreII can. Runs about 3/4 Moa.

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
                          How do you like the 17 remington? Pretty hard hitting
                          I’ve got a .17 Remington in an old M700 classic. It’s a really cool, really fast little round. I’m getting around 4200 fps with a 20gr Vmax, and right at 4000 with a 25gr Hornady HP if I remember correctly. No recoil and mild report. I haven’t personally shot a coyote or bobcat with it, but it had a big following with the fur hunters back in the day for minimal pelt damage. I can tell you on rabbit sized critters, it’s downright gruesome. Not much left for the pot. All the .17’s I’ve had the pleasure to shoot have been very accurate. From the centerfires to the rimfires. Ammo availability may be hit or miss unless you reload, if that’s a concern. Also, they tend to copper foul pretty quick. Other than that, it’s a unique cartridge that’s a whole lot of fun to shoot.

Comment

CZ makes good stuff

Comment

Working...
                            X