More well water storage questions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More well water storage questions?

I understand the basics but when they talk about spraying into the tank. Is that some sort of spray head or just pumped in high

Float switches or probe. If float switches what do you mount them to, in the tank

Reason?
    Sulfur smell?

Comment

Yes sulfur smell and sediment.

Comment

Aerator in the tank? Or one of them hoodises that takes the sulfur out via a pump?

Comment

I plan to pump in to a 2500 qallon tank. Then pump out thru a filter. I will set the tank up with a large reserve incase of well pump failure.

Comment

This is basically how it was explained to me _
            The more exposure your liquid water has to natural air, the more sulfur molecules you will loose.

Comment

The finer the spray into the tank the more surface area of the water to interact with the air stripping the hydrogen sulfide gas from the water. You also need to ensure there is enough venting to allow the hydrogen sulfide laden air a place to escape the tank. Probes will work good if there is no fouling of the probes by something like calcium build up. Mercury float switches could be used with either a lead weight on the cable or by attaching it to a pipe in the tank. Using the lead weights on the cable makes it easier to pull the float switches up to clean them. You want to make sure any vents have a fine screen to keep any bugs (flys) out of the tank especially since the tank will not be chlorinated.

Comment

Originally posted by pyrobow View Post
                I plan to pump in to a 2500 qallon tank. Then pump out thru a filter. I will set the tank up with a large reserve incase of well pump failure.
                I bought a tank that areatates the air and releases the sulphuric after your pressure tank. Highly recommend it if your fighting sulfur smell. Ours had a softener on it for 30 years and it helped. Now it has a pressure tank, double filter, softener and then to the house. No sulphuric smell nor any large blakck tank outside my house

Comment

Comment

Go this route. It solved years of sulfur and sediment discoloration

Comment

Originally posted by pyrobow View Post
                      I understand the basics but when they talk about spraying into the tank. Is that some sort of spray head or just pumped in high

Float switches or probe. If float switches what do you mount them to, in the tank
                      the water line going into the tank has a "slit" in it. that allows the water to fan out... thus creating the aeration and removing the sulphur smell out of the water.

Worked like night & day difference for us.

Comment

I just drilled 58, 1/8" holes in a 4' piece of 1 1/4" PVC that is inside my tank on the end of the PVC from the well. It sprays it through those holes in the tank. It works perfectly to get rid of the sulfur smell.

You can buy a floating level switch that attaches at the top of the tank. Inexpensive and flawless working.

If you pump into a tank, it will make your pump last years longer because it doesn't have to come on as much as just with a pressure tank. If your electricity goes out for days, you will still be able to get gravity flow water out for toilets and such.
                        Last edited by Draco; 07-19-2019, 11:48 PM.

Comment

Thanks Huntindad and Draco that will help. Next question. I plan to pump to the house thru a 85 gallon pressure tank. Are you running pressure pump or centrifugal?

Comment

I added my storage tank after my initial set up of just a bladder tank and pump.
                            Now, I have a pump saver installed in case I run out of water , it won't burn up my motor and deform my casing walls thus causing a whole new well to be drilled.

I added a booster pump that feeds the bladder tank. I have a couple float valves in my storage tank for it's operation.

been happy with the results.

Comment

That is way I intend to set up, I have an existing well. Is you booster a pressure pump or centrifugal.

Comment

Working...
                              X