Mollejas (sweetbread) tacos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Artos View Post
    No twisting my arm as I'm in with both feet, but unfortunately in no place to give any go ahead...we are several hours away being in the valley & don't have any muscle with the needed hardware to help arrange. If anyone has any ideas, I'm game.

No need. Me and my better half can get it done. I’ll just have to approve it with the TBH bosses. I’m not even sure of what/how many cooking teams will be participating. I couldn’t volunteer for any teams because I wasn’t sure until last week if we’d even be able to make it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yours looks really good Jason.

Comment

Those look awesome!!

Comment

Thanks fellas. My favorite to cook.
          Believe me, I’m a picky SOB and when Alan made them, I’ve never heard of sweetbreads. After I saw them when he put them on the pit, I said there ain’t no way in hell I’m eating that crap.
          Look at me now. Lol
          [emoji23]

Comment

I had some sweetbreads included with the most recent cow my dad took to be butchered. The butchers admitted they were disappointed we asked for them. Apparently most people don’t know to keep them and the butcher loves them.

I’m hoping to do a similar recipe with them once everything is ready to pick up.

Edit:
            I also had him keep every organ the butcher would package for me, so I’m excited to play around with everything. Whatever I don’t eat will go into raw dog food for the GSP.

Comment

Originally posted by IkemanTX View Post
              I had some sweetbreads included with the most recent cow my dad took to be butchered. The butchers admitted they were disappointed we asked for them. Apparently most people don’t know to keep them and the butcher loves them.

I’m hoping to do a similar recipe with them once everything is ready to pick up.

Edit:
              I also had him keep every organ the butcher would package for me, so I’m excited to play around with everything. Whatever I don’t eat will go into raw dog food for the GSP.

I hear ya!
              I’m on a few Facebook bbq groups and I’m always wanting to try something different that’s weird to a lot of folks. Saw the other day a guy cooked a bunch of beef tongue (lengua). That’ll be my next adventure.

Comment

Originally posted by RobinHood View Post
                No need. Me and my better half can get it done. I’ll just have to approve it with the TBH bosses. I’m not even sure of what/how many cooking teams will be participating. I couldn’t volunteer for any teams because I wasn’t sure until last week if we’d even be able to make it.
                Brother I don't want to be out of line as I'm happy to be a pawn in the party, but don't see the grilling of breads to be any different than ribs / wings / gator...you just may start something that steam rolls in the future.

This year at deer camp was crazy outstanding with a traditional Juanita's canned Menudo on sunday AM...almost as good as mom's.

Comment

I hear ya!
                  I’m on a few Facebook bbq groups and I’m always wanting to try something different that’s weird to a lot of folks. Saw the other day a guy cooked a bunch of beef tongue (lengua). That’ll be my next adventure.

Lengua is delicious when cooked correctly. Boil the whole thing for a short time so the tough outer sheath softens and can be cut away. After that, you can do dang near anything with it.

Comment

Looking good Gabler....Breezy's Dad used to make them at the deer lease when we were in HS/college and I loved them. Been awhile since I had them

Comment

My favorite right there.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                        Looking good Gabler....Breezy's Dad used to make them at the deer lease when we were in HS/college and I loved them. Been awhile since I had them

We’ll be making these at next years Bownanza. You better quit making excuses and be there then. Lol

Comment

We’ll be making these at next years Bownanza. You better quit making excuses and be there then. Lol

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]. Yes Dad! They would go really good with beer and dove hunting

Comment

Thanks for the compliment Jason! I grew up eating sweetbreads, they was almost free back in the day and just like fajitas everyone figured out how good they was and the price jumped up!! Cooking sweetbreads is one of my favorite thugs to cook for picky eaters because 97% will say they look nasty but will try them and 90% will become addicted to them!!

Comment

We boil them with salt and garlic, then filet them and grill on hot coals. Tortillas and salsa.
                              Mmmmm

Comment

We had a crawfish boil this weekend. When we pulled the crawfish out we threw the mollejas in the pot for about 30 minutes then grilled them over a hot fire. I’m gonna try doing them in the instapot with crawfish seasoning then grill them next time

Comment

Working...
                                X