• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Banff Springs Resort

Won't be disappointed if Canada is open

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
      We're going to Turks and Caicos Islands next month to celebrate our 30th anniversary. We wanted to go to Kauai, but ruled them out due to all their crazy COVID crap. I'm not spending several thousand dollars to go somewhere and wear a mask all the time.

There are some nice resorts in TCI, but they still have mask rules going too, although not as nazi about it as most of Hawaii. We're staying at a villa rather than a resort. More private and no COVID crap to mess with. This is the one we're staying in. There's tons of rentals on VRBO.

Beachfront with a private pool; walk to snorkeling, restaurants/bars, shops, tours, and more.

I have a day booked with a guide to flyfish for bonefish. Another day I have a boat booked to take us exploring, snorkeling, skiing, etc. We'll probably ferry over to North Caicos one day to explore that island and Middle Caicos. I'll probably do some DIY wade fishing for bonefish here and there. Got a dinner on the beach booked at one of the resorts for our anniversary on the 11th. And I got first class flight tickets for just $800/person too. Gonna be a fun trip.
      X2. Love T&C

Comment

Originally posted by TD2000 View Post
        Banff Springs Resort

Won't be disappointed if Canada is open

https://www.fairmont.com/banff-sprin...RlX292ZXJyaWRl
        We were there a couple years ago. It's awesome. I don't think Canada is open for travel yet though.

Comment

Thanks for all the great recommendations, will start looking into them and get something booked. Saw some stuff online with big time warnings about going to Turks/Caicos and other places like that due to the corona crap, but it seems like they are open and safe, so that changes the ball game. Thanks again fellas...

Comment

man this thread is gonna cost me

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
              man this thread is gonna cost me
              Me too brother, but it will be worth it !!!

Comment

Looking for a vacation too!

Turks and Cacois? where should we stay? flights are good
                Belize? lots of places, where do I want to go?
                One of the Sandals? the Sandals are safe , St lucia, flights suck

Comment

my brother manages 9 properties in the Destin/Miramar Beach, FL. area. If you havn't been, the beaches are gorgeous and there is plenty to do there.

His website has up to date calendars with pricing.

Comment

Originally posted by texan16 View Post
                    25th Anniversary coming up in June. Wife and I were wanting to go to somewhere in the Caribbean and hang out a resort on the beach and just chill, but with the Corona crap, it is highly suggested not to go there. Thought about Hawaii but they have mask policies. Cant deal with the mask stuff, so that is out. Any suggestions on somewhere to go that is a relaxing/all-inclusive type set up here in the States?

Well, you'll have to deal with masks in airports and planes.
                    Anyway, we went to the Virgin Islands St. Thomas and St. John last year during all the Covid crap for our 30th anniversary and it wasn't too bad. Flew from DFW to Miami then straight to St. Thomas. Is a beautiful place, St. John is even better. Not sure how it is now but last July we had to get tested(negative) 5 days prior to leaving, other than that there were no reentry tests for getting back. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Well worth a little trouble.
                    Congrats too !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave W View Post
                      Looking for a vacation too!

Turks and Cacois? where should we stay? flights are good
                      Belize? lots of places, where do I want to go?
                      One of the Sandals? the Sandals are safe , St lucia, flights suck
                      Ocean Club East - T & C

Comment

Working...
                      X