No announcement yet.

Cost of concrete? Flatwork

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I paid $5.25 per sq foot for any added concrete on my home build in late 2020.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

paying $5.50 for my 30 x 40 pole barn and he is also doing the porch 12 x 24, he was at $5.00, but everyone around Nrt East of Dallas is dang near at $8.00 and $10.00 sqr ft

Comment

Originally posted by RCDuck View Post
        One of the major Portland Cement suppliers in the DFW area had 1 of 2 kiln's go down, with an estimated 1 year wait on getting it up and running again... so yes, it's feasible that there will be shortages and customer allocations.
        Well that's great. Guess that will make my existing place look better and better to sell.

Comment

$6 to $6.5 for good reputable company. A company that put 3/8 rebar on 14" centers and uses 5000psi concrete.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief Big Toe View Post
            paying $5.50 for my 30 x 40 pole barn and he is also doing the porch 12 x 24, he was at $5.00, but everyone around Nrt East of Dallas is dang near at $8.00 and $10.00 sqr ft
            Can you pm me his info. I haven't found anyone under 7.50

Comment

I just did a 35X41 for $4.00 sq. ft.

Comment

Originally posted by mmoses View Post
                Since this is a small project, what are my chances of finding someone to just pour/finish it?

I could do the dirt work and frame it out.

Plan on using the steel wire mesh unless someone talks me into using rebar. No vehicles will drive/park on it.

Where are you located? I can probably help you with just place & finish, but would be happy to give you a turnkey price.

Comment

Originally posted by txheartshot View Post
                  Where are you located? I can probably help you with just place & finish, but would be happy to give you a turnkey price.

League City

Comment

As busy as everyone is around here I would say 6.00 is a fair number for that size project. And yes, concrete is going to be hard to get because of a cement shortage, allocations started for us two weeks ago, we are only getting 60% of what we got last year, that is a huge cut, not sure how we are going to manage this.

Comment

Originally posted by mjames76 View Post
                      Can you pm me his info. I haven't found anyone under 7.50
                      PM sent to ya...

Comment

Originally posted by 7sdad View Post
                        I just did a 35X41 for $4.00 sq. ft.
                        I paid $4.00 last year for my 24 x 30 patio now he is @ $5.50 due rising cost of rebar and and everything else going up
                        i still need to pour the rest of my driveway, hope he hold at $5.50, gotta do the hand shack deal with him

Comment

Yall need to talk two different things. Flatwork and driveways are one item. Shop or building slab is totally different. You guys getting $4 a foot for shop foundation are going to have it falling apart in a decade. Its not feasible to pour that at those prices and not cut corners.

Comment

Originally posted by mmoses View Post
                            League City
                            Rebar is worth the cost. Would be around or under $250 to rebar both of those.

Comment

Originally posted by Lungbustr View Post
                              4.50 a foot. Just got finished having my shop built and now i need to widen my driveway and pour the new one in front of the shop so thats current pricing.

What area are you in?

Comment

Originally posted by sunsethunter View Post
                                What area are you in?
                                Mont Belvieu TX

Comment

Working...
                                X