In the ER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the ER

I have a 7mm kidney stone that got lodged, I was in serious pain. These pain meds are really helping. I need to stay the night, this sucker ain’t coming out on it’s own.

Prayers up for a speedy recovery.

Comment

Drink some whiskey fast!! Best of luck with the procedure to remove it.

Comment

Had one removed that they went up there with a camera and a basket and pulled it out. 7 days in the hospital, they tried to remove my kidney but I wouldn't let them and it started working again after a few days. Still get them on occasion...painful stuff!!
        Have to drink water all day everyday here in Texas.

Comment

God bless the person who invented dillaudid

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I've has 3 stones over the years, the largest one being 8mm. It got stuck in the ureter and they had me in the hospital for a week on intravenous antibiotics because of the infection cause by the urine that was completely blocked and stuck in the kidney. Pain meds were my friend at first and the they put a stint in to help relieve the "pressure". They released me from the hospital and I walked around for a full month with that stint in until the day that the Lithotripsy truck made its rounds and was back at my local hospital. I went in, they sedated me, I remember them laying me in the tub of warm water and when I woke up, the stone was broken up and removed as was the stint.
            I feel for you brother...the pain is HORRIBLE, but as they say...this too shall pass

****edit****
            I forgot to ad....buy this stuff. Put 1/2 and eye drop full into a cup of water EVERYDAY and drink it!!! It helps break up whatever stones you have already and helps prevent new ones from forming. The 3 I had were all within a year of each other but since I started taking this, 8 years ago, I have not had a single issue

Last edited by K. Lane; 08-29-2019, 06:24 AM.

Comment

I've had 2 stones. It's the worst pain I've ever had. Prayers up for you.

Comment

Man i hope i never get one of those. I run calls on folks who have them and they hurt like they have been stabbed.
                Best of luck

Comment

Been there hope you get relief

Comment

Good grief!!! Best of luck to you... Ive never had one but have had family and friends that have. It don't look like fun,,,

Comment

Prayers Up for Ya.

Comment

Lithotripsy is the way to go if your stone is susceptible to it---some arent.

Comment

I just had a 10 mm stone removed through a Ureteroscopy and Laser Lithotripsy last month. I have been susceptible to stones since 1993.

The worst part afterwards was pulling the stent out myself a week after the surgery. Having done it before I knew what was coming. It was not painful pulling it out but just a really weird sensation you feel clear up in your tonsils, which is about how long the stent is. A friend asked me what it was like pulling out the stent and I asked him if he had ever pulled a water well line to change the pump... once you grab it and start pulling you just keep going hand over hand until it exits. The stent and suture material they leave hanging out is literally two feet long.
                          Once it is out however, it is instant relief.

Comment

Stones hurt. I keep my bottle of heavy drugs just in case of a relapse.

Comment

Originally posted by WyoBull View Post
                              I just had a 10 mm stone removed through a Ureteroscopy and Laser Lithotripsy last month. I have been susceptible to stones since 1993.

The worst part afterwards was pulling the stent out myself a week after the surgery. Having done it before I knew what was coming. It was not painful pulling it out but just a really weird sensation you feel clear up in your tonsils, which is about how long the stent is. A friend asked me what it was like pulling out the stent and I asked him if he had ever pulled a water well line to change the pump... once you grab it and start pulling you just keep going hand over hand until it exits. The stent and suture material they leave hanging out is literally two feet long.
                              Once it is out however, it is instant relief.

You get the man-chair at the campfire!

Comment

Working...
                              X