Lake Sommerville is FULL !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lake Sommerville is FULL !!

I personally have never seen it this high....
    Not a single boat ramp is open anywhere on the lake...

Over look park was the last one open, and it is under 6 foot of water...in fact the parking area is 75% covered with water. If you know where that is that tells you how high the water is...

They let us launch at Welch Park from the shore, and even with a V bottom boat we didn't have to get the tires of the truck wet to launch and load up.

Game warden stopped us immediately after getting on the lake for a " safety check" which turned out great for us....there couldn't have been 10 boats on the lake total !!!
    He told us that the level has actually dropped 2' in the last 3 weeks, but it will be until September before it is normal, if we dont get any major rainstorms...

And its still 6' below where it was for Harvey, and that is nuts !!

No pictures?

Comment

I've never seen the Brazos stay as high as it has for so long, either.

Comment

I thought no one was able to launch?

Comment

pics are coming

Comment

It's currently about 13' high. It actually got up to the spillway in 2015 and 2016, which is 20' above full pool.

I'm ready for it to get down to normal level. I haven't got much fishing time in the last few years.

Comment

Originally posted by apc10 View Post
              It's currently about 13' high. It actually got up to the spillway in 2015 and 2016, which is 20' above full pool.

I'm ready for it to get down to normal level. I haven't got much fishing time in the last few years.

Come to the ranch. We have to take out about 1000 bass every year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It really has made it hard for us and the fishing, been high for way to long. But i suppose that's better than drought!

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post
                      I personally have never seen it this high....
                      Not a single boat ramp is open anywhere on the lake...

Over look park was the last one open, and it is under 6 foot of water...in fact the parking area is 75% covered with water. If you know where that is that tells you how high the water is...

They let us launch at Welch Park from the shore, and even with a V bottom boat we didn't have to get the tires of the truck wet to launch and load up.

Game warden stopped us immediately after getting on the lake for a " safety check" which turned out great for us....there couldn't have been 10 boats on the lake total !!!
                      He told us that the level has actually dropped 2' in the last 3 weeks, but it will be until September before it is normal, if we dont get any major rainstorms...

And its still 6' below where it was for Harvey, and that is nuts !!
                      Do you have a ski boat or a center console? I’m wanting to get out there soon but don’t want to get my truck stuck launching from shore.

Comment

I have been launching off the side of road/bank at Welch park. 22' Seahunt. Best to have 4x4.

Comment

Originally posted by denimdeerslayer View Post
                          I have been launching off the side of road/bank at Welch park. 22' Seahunt. Best to have 4x4.
                          this....

I have an older deck boat...starcraft...v bottom 21 foot...

I did have to get pulled out when coming in...tires were spinning and a 4x4 was sitting there and came over and gave me a tug....my truck is 2x4

Comment

Originally posted by Dushon View Post
                            Come to the ranch. We have to take out about 1000 bass every year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1000 bass[emoji33]

That’s a lot of fish. Just tell me when to be there

Comment

Originally posted by denimdeerslayer View Post
                              good to know I figure the wardens would stop people.

Comment

Working...
                              X