Neighbors skunk killer trap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Neighbors skunk killer trap

Saw the neighbor outside and told him about a skunk we see in our backyard almost every night. He told us about one he's had in his skunk killer trap for almost a week now but the trap don't work cuz the skunk is still alive without food or water. That's 1 from last week, I assume if he keeps it out he'll catch 2 next week. He don't feel too bad about the starvin' and all but my wife did and she called animal control and they came and picked up the skunk.

I ain’t a skunk lover but even a skunk deserves better than starving to death

Comment

Originally posted by twosixteens View Post
      I ain’t a skunk lover but even a skunk deserves better than starving to death
      He's from Louisiana, makes a mean jambalaya

Comment

Does he make his jambalaya out of skunks he catches? Not sure I would eat it.

Comment

Originally posted by MagicBlade View Post
          Does he make his jambalaya out of skunks he catches? Not sure I would eat it.
          I had 2 bowls Saturday

Comment

Meh. I used to take coons in a trap and throw them in a pond to kill them. I bet that would work for a skunk as well. Whatever it takes to not get sprayed.

Comment

Shoot in head with .22, then remove. Never really had a problem with them spraying if shot cleanly.

Comment

As a animal control officer cruelty law becomes a felony once a animal is in a trap. Knowing and willing causing the animal pain amd a drawn out death. And also you can move skunks in a trap without getting sprayed easy. NO MATTER the animal doesnt deserve to die lile that... its actually a federal felony now as kf september

Comment

As much as I don’t like skunks, I couldn’t bring myself to let something starve like that. .22 shells are too cheap to fall to that level of depravity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Horrible. As other have said, 22 to the head is what should happen.

Comment

I bet that POS has a 5' fence too. Need to break out the pitch forks and torches. Dang neighbors suck. Maybe you should take the skunk some food and water. Get in the trap and cuddle with it to keep it warm.

Comment

Originally posted by Muskles View Post
                        I bet that POS has a 5' fence too. Need to break out the pitch forks and torches. Dang neighbors suck. Maybe you should take the skunk some food and water. Get in the trap and cuddle with it to keep it warm.

Or just put it out of its misery like the trap owner didn’t have the balls to do...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Never heard of a skunk killer trap. I guess if it's trapped without food or water the trap technically killed it. I don't know what the point of doing that is but I'd have shot it myself and let him deal with taking it out of there. If you can't handle the smell or taking care of the problem once you catch it my best advice to him would be to quit foolin with them.

I've wiped out a momma skunk and her babies following her on numerous occasions. I can't stand skunks. But I ain't all about letting something starve to death. In the time it takes to do that you could catch several more so in my opinion not only is that stupid but it's a waste of time.
                          Last edited by okrattler; 12-18-2019, 12:35 AM.

Comment

How about the guy call animal control himself to come get it?? Some people are not all there and unfortunately are reproducing.

Comment

Originally posted by webstertroy View Post
                              As a animal control officer cruelty law becomes a felony once a animal is in a trap. Knowing and willing causing the animal pain amd a drawn out death. And also you can move skunks in a trap without getting sprayed easy. NO MATTER the animal doesnt deserve to die lile that... its actually a federal felony now as kf september
                              Did you read the law?

Gary

Comment

Working...
                              X