Bankers, businessmen? Bank refuses to deposit customers check

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dream of starting a national bank that operates on 2 principles
    1) defraud us, or our clients and our team of international mercenaries hunt you down and kill you and your family.
    2) great service, small town feel, big bank resources.
    I'd give you my money......Prosperity is close to loosing my business.

I also learned that Wells Fargo, Kleberg, and Amegy banks all suck

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
      Now, we know the problem. Wells Fargo, are the biggest crooks in the business. I refuse to deal with them, for any reason.
      yeah a few years ago they got caught moving people's money without their permission or knowledge into new accounts to hit their quotas, then people that overdrafted because they moved the money were stuck with fees. no one went to jail and they just paid a fine. it must be nice to be in the privileged class where laws don't matter

Comment

Originally posted by Sticks&Strings View Post
        I just sold my house. Deposited a large check from wells fargo from the title company. (I should have had it wired I know but long story). They held it for 14 days. I screamed and they still said sorry, it is policy. So basically they earned interest on my funds for 2 weeks. As soon as funds hit, I moved them out. Not cool.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

It’s so bad in Baton Rouge with Capital One that I had to go to 2 branches to get 8k in cash. Thats after the other 2 branches were close by my house.

I drove to 4 locations to get 8k of my own money.

I too had a large check to deposit from a house sale and chose to go with Chase because Capital one could only give me a few grand cash at each branch.
        Last edited by Black Ice; 02-08-2021, 11:34 PM.

Comment

1) Pull your money
          2) Close all your accounts
          3) Find a local bank, one that places a high value on their commercial customers and where you can still have a relationship with your banker.

Not sure if you have a Plains Capital where you are but we moved some money over there and, other than the fact that they aren’t conveniently located everywhere (I.e., every major intersection), we have been happy with them so far.

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
            1) Pull your money
            2) Close all your accounts
            3) Find a local bank, one that places a high value on their commercial customers and where you can still have a relationship with your banker.

Not sure if you have a Plains Capital where you are but we moved some money over there and, other than the fact that they aren’t conveniently located everywhere (I.e., every major intersection), we have been happy with them so far.
            This right here, I will not use large banks for personal or business.

Comment

I had mailed a cashier's check my local Wells Fargo issued at my request from my account to my sister in Houston by certified mail, return receipt requested. My letter and check somehow got lost in the mail, but was never returned to me. I got an appointment with a bank officer to explain the problem in December. She helped me stop payment on the check, and later they wired the money to my sister. I appreciate what they did to help me.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
                Just because the funds are there when we call, doesn't mean funds will still be there 2-5 days later when the check actually arrives to clear.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
                Understood. I would have thought processing time, even on paper checks was ALOT faster than this now days.

Comment

Originally posted by wes122984 View Post
                  X2 but most banks won’t even look up someone’s account over the phone especially if it isn’t the customer.

Most banks use a system like ews etc that pings a check and recommends a hold or rejects it. It’s in place to protect you and the bank... but mostly the bank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Ive never had an issue verifying funds in an account.

Comment

Just because the funds are there when we call, doesn't mean funds will still be there 2-5 days later when the check actually arrives to clear.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Welcome to big boy business. I take risk everyday in my business. You don't think you should as a bank? Step up and join the rest of us. Its called being in business. This is the reason no one likes banks.

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
                      They told me the check could be rejected up to 6 months later and if it was, the funds would come out of my account.

Ok? I'm willing to risk it. This isn't some fly by night customer. Been in business for 20 plus years... I have known the owner for over 10yrs.

Changing banks is definitely an option. This is bs.

May try mobile banking, will look into it. Im not that high tech.

Woodforest National Bank
                      That's odd, I bank there also and have for years, have never had a check refused. Download their mobile app, you can take pics of checks and deposit on the app. I just made a deposit this morning using the app...

Comment

Originally posted by Take Dead Aim View Post
                        Welcome to big boy business. I take risk everyday in my business. You don't think you should as a bank? Step up and join the rest of us. Its called being in business. This is the reason no one likes banks.
                        We take risk all day every day. Actually that is the whole platform of finance.
                        Everything we do is risk based... loan risk, account risk, liability risk, investment risk, card fraud vs interchange, etc. Just like you, businesses get to decide what risk you are willing to take and what risk you aren't. The better we are at managing those risk, the less we have to charge to cover loss from those risk

Comment

Originally posted by Mauler View Post
                          Take it to his bank and get a cashiers check

Will cost you a little bit

Not sure what the suspicion is with his check but you definitely need to talk to someone in charge about the why

I worked as a teller and bill collector for about 5 years at a small bank

This sounds odd without more details

I would also be considering a new bank

My sister worked at wood forest

Never been impressed with them

Always liked prosperity

Big into ag lending

Lots of branches around the places I go
                          I’ve been having the same problem with prosperity
                          They made me mad one day and I told them I wanted to draw out all the money in my accounts. The teller told me she had to get authorization. I told her I was giving her authorization! I settled down and I am still banking there.
                          Something is sure happening because I never had any trouble before.

Comment

We use First Finacial, among others, and really like them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
                              Ive never had an issue verifying funds in an account.

Many years ago it was common. Not anymore. It’s a privacy issue.

One it confirms someone has an account there, and 2 the balance.

Imagine going through a divorce , being sued or some other scenario and someone wanted to know if you have a good balance in the account. Hello bank can you confirm if *** account has these funds? See the issue? It is easier to find out if a certain check has been processed and paid though.

It sure still happens in smaller banks but the big ones won’t do it and I won’t do it unless I know the other banker on the other end. Small banks aren’t as good at protecting your info either though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk hi

Comment

We take risk all day every day. Actually that is the whole platform of finance.
                                Everything we do is risk based... loan risk, account risk, liability risk, investment risk, card fraud vs interchange, etc. Just like you, businesses get to decide what risk you are willing to take and what risk you aren't. The better we are at managing those risk, the less we have to charge to cover loss from those risk
                                Well said Brian. 15 year banker here and couldn't have said it any better.

Comment

Working...
                                X