Braised beef short ribs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Braised beef short ribs

I used my pressure cooker with this recipe but you can still achieve the same results in the oven. (it will take about 3.5-4hrs in a oven)

Ingredients:
    1 bottle of red wine (i used a cabernet)
    1 tbl spoon of black peppercorns
    pinch or 2 of salt
    5 cloves of garlic chopped
    1 whole sprig of rosemary
    2 carrots chopped

Start off by searing the short ribs in a cast iron pan. After searing the short ribs put them and ALL of the ingredients in the pressure cooker. Cook for 1hr at high pressure. Take it off heat and allow the pressure cooker to depressurize. Once the pressure has come down open up the cooker and take the short ribs out. Strain all the ingredients through a fine mesh strainer and reduce the liquid by half. I served them over mashed potatoes and poured the sauce over the ribs. These were fall off the bone good!!
    Attached Files

One of my favs. Made it this past weekend with venison roast and in the oven. Put over grits and was awesome. Leftovers went over mashed potatoes. Not sure which I like best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Those look Excellent!

We did some thick cross cut short ribs in the pressure cooker and they were so awesome!

Comment

That looks great!

Comment

Houstonhunter, grits are one my favorite things serve anything over.. Thanks guys! Its a super easy recipe and the pressure cooker just cuts the cooking time down by a lot.

Comment

Looks excellent!

Comment

Trying this today! Oven route as I don't have a pressure cooker.

Comment

Originally posted by TxMedic View Post
                Trying this today! Oven route as I don't have a pressure cooker.
                Well how did they turn out in the oven, I'm next!!

Comment

Got these going in the slow cooker. Had to modify the recipe a bit as Im out of Rosemary and fresh garlic. Used powdered garlic and a Brazilian steak rub in the place of the rosemary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

J sweet, How did they turn out?

Comment

Did this last week on the MES. They were awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Jason85 View Post
                        J sweet, How did they turn out?
                        Excellent. Think I will try to get some at a proper butcher next time than just going to Kroger. The meat was a bit stringy. The au jus was awesome though. I might try the recipe with a London broil as well next time.

Comment

Looks good. Will have to give it a try.

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
                            Excellent. Think I will try to get some at a proper butcher next time than just going to Kroger. The meat was a bit stringy. The au jus was awesome though. I might try the recipe with a London broil as well next time.
                            Glad to hear! Yea i found my short ribs at HEB and they were pretty good. I bet a London broil would be good that way too.

Comment

I love beef ribs and I am certainly going to try this.

One question: The ingredients list shown above was used to prepare how many ribs?

Comment

Working...
                              X