Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post
    Bingo.

I keep saying I'm going to try my bow and look likely without a blind. I tried it several years ago a couple of times on a day lease and was in birds even killing one over hand corn but never liked the lack of mobility from a blind therefore I'd prefer to use a shotgun. Looking back, when you get the birds hot on the decoys you dont need a blind if you can burrry up well in the brush. It dont always happen that way but when it does they're ripe for the picking.

This pair hung up on a fence line about 120 yards out strutting around but not committing. They were with a hen and when she eased back into the brush of the river bottom I thought they'd surely follow. I lightly purred at them a couple of times and they broke strut and headed my way on a trot. After a 5 minute show of killing my Jake and molesting the hen (dry humping) I popped them both with one shot.

One of my most memorable hunts not for the two kills but because I truly believe I pulled them off a hen.

Sorry about the poor pic quality, it was really wet and I was by myself.
    [ATTACH]998509[/ATTACH][ATTACH]998510[/ATTACH][ATTACH]998511[/ATTACH]

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
    I managed to finally stick one 2 years ago, a Jake, but he came in with 8 or so of his buddies. I had missed a mature Tom earlier that morning from a pop up. My 9 yr old and I called this one in set up in some brush on the end of a small rise

Click image for larger version

Name:	766A89FF-2EDC-4581-9A73-50446B42311F.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	105.2 KB
ID:	24613402

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Run and gun for the most part. But will do any of that to kill one.

Comment

We need a TBH "expert" here.....................

Comment

2 thru 4. They come to me or I go to them. Makes very little difference to me! I will kill them.

Comment

My absolute favorite way is to set up before dawn 100-200 yards away from a known roost. It doesn’t always work but when it does there is nothing like it. Having a gobbler fly down and come straight to you is quite the rush. Later in the day I run and gun

Comment

Based on results the last couple of years, i hunt them poorly. Ugh.

Comment

Corn roads and drive around and spot them, get within range with the .22 mag

Comment

1st choice is callin them in, but if they aren't working,Whatever legal it takes to get them. Love me some wild turkey!

Comment

For the first hour and a half setting up near a roost calling to how the mood of the day is for the turkey then about 9:00 I start “running and gunning”. Doesn’t always work but when it does, honestly one of the most exciting hunts there is IMO.

Comment

Head out before first light and keep chasing em

Shooting a turkey out of a blind is a joke

Comment

3 with 4 mixed in from time to time. I’m usually the only one turkey hunting on our place so I like to just take off walking from camp and see where i end up at.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Saggy View Post
                            Head out before first light and keep chasing em

Shooting a turkey out of a blind is a joke

Yup........................

Comment

The wrong ways...all of them

Comment

#5.
                                Trying to find a place to turkey hunt!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X