Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2020, 12:31 PM   #801
Dale Moser
Pope & Young
 
Dale Moser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wise Cty
Hunt In: Young Cty
Default

The Astros are getting all the heat because they jumped on those immunity deals and sang like guilty *** birds. Now they’re all mad trying to act like victims.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dale Moser is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-20-2020, 12:31 PM   #802
rtp
Pope & Young
 
rtp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Fulshear, Texas
Hunt In: open range
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by breederbuck33 View Post
So what happens when the Astros win the WS this year?
Party on!
rtp is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-20-2020, 12:48 PM   #803
Dale Moser
Pope & Young
 
Dale Moser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wise Cty
Hunt In: Young Cty
Default

Ian Kinsler was on the radio here a couple days ago talking about sign stealing, and his time with Boston. It was fairly interesting if you have the time, it may be on the Theunticket.com. For what it’s worth, he sounded guilty as hell to me when he talked about Boston. He said they had a system of relaying signs from 2nd after figuring them out on the replay TV. He said he “didn’t think” mlb would find anything on them.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dale Moser is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-20-2020, 12:55 PM   #804
JLivi1224
Pope & Young
 
JLivi1224's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Mid County
Hunt In: Public
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Moser View Post
The Astros are getting all the heat because they jumped on those immunity deals and sang like guilty *** birds. Now they’re all mad trying to act like victims.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bull****. They’re getting heat because MLB made it appear like they were the only ones and dropped the hammer on them.

refusing to investigate the Yankees. Rest assured Moser, had it been one of the storied franchises (NYY, LAD or RedSox) it wouldn’t have been made headlines. And **** SURE wouldn’t have punishments like this.

Can you point to a post where anyone was trashing them for singing like canaries? I’ll wait.

Hold on tight, holier than though fan bases. **** rolls downhil.

Last edited by JLivi1224; 02-20-2020 at 01:04 PM.
JLivi1224 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-20-2020, 12:57 PM   #805
Smart
Pope & Young
 
Smart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Denton, TX
Hunt In: Tom Green County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by breederbuck33 View Post
So what happens when the Astros win the WS this year?



They will finally have a legit World Series win with no asterisk??
Smart is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-20-2020, 01:06 PM   #806
Dale Moser
Pope & Young
 
Dale Moser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wise Cty
Hunt In: Young Cty
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLivi1224 View Post
Bull****. They’re getting heat because MLB made it appear like they were the only ones and dropped the hammer on them.

refusing to investigate the Yankees. Rest assured Moser, had it been one of the storied franchises (NYY, LAD or RedSox) it wouldn’t have been made headlines. And **** SURE wouldn’t have punishments like this.

Can you pint to a post where anyone was trashing them for singing like canaries? I’ll wait.
Bring out your tinfoil batting helmets....

They're investigating Boston now.

I didn't say anyone was trashing them for it, I said that's why MLB came down on them. That's called "proof", that's what they seem to be lacking with Bos and NY. They have tons of proof on houston because houston handed it to them because they were caught.


And quit with your bull**** narrative about Ranger fans or any other fans, this doesn't have anything to do with what team you root for. I happen to be a Rangers fan, and if they're guilty too, then I'll be the first one screaming "HANG'EM HIGH"! It doesn't matter who you root for, if you're a fan of the game, this affects you...it affects the entire game. I was following the stros through the worst years of the rebuild, when they didn't even have a local TV deal, watching how they went about rebuilding the team, saving money, and aquiring talent....when most of houston had quit on them. I remember MANY times telling mad stros fans on this very website to "be patient, and just wait until these kids hit the big leagues"....MANY times! So save your holier than thou bull**** for someone else.

Last edited by Dale Moser; 02-20-2020 at 01:12 PM.
Dale Moser is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-20-2020, 01:08 PM   #807
JLivi1224
Pope & Young
 
JLivi1224's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Mid County
Hunt In: Public
Default

Wow, I guess “getting all the heat” was misconstrued on my end. I should’ve known that meant mlb repercussions.
JLivi1224 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-20-2020, 01:11 PM   #808
hopedale
Ten Point
 
hopedale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Williamson county
Hunt In: WMAs
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeDuke View Post
I don't have a dog in this hunt, and my objective opinion is:

If you admit to cheating in 2017 - surrender the trophy. It's the honorable thing to do...and it puts all this BS to rest.

BUT - I believe Correa's testimony about Altuve sounds legit.

Not a baseball guy by any means but you nailed it.
hopedale is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-20-2020, 01:12 PM   #809
TxDispatcher
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Conroe, Tx
Hunt In: East Texas Pineywoods, Austin County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smart View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tshelly View Post
Bregman 25#’s lighter than last year
**** that was a big azz buzzer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Moser View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smart View Post
**** that was a big azz buzzer
I actually laughed out loud!
As did I

Oh yeah...Go Astros!
TxDispatcher is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-20-2020, 01:12 PM   #810
rtp
Pope & Young
 
rtp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Fulshear, Texas
Hunt In: open range
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Moser View Post
Ian Kinsler was on the radio here a couple days ago talking about sign stealing, and his time with Boston. It was fairly interesting if you have the time, it may be on the Theunticket.com. For what it’s worth, he sounded guilty as hell to me when he talked about Boston. He said they had a system of relaying signs from 2nd after figuring them out on the replay TV. He said he “didn’t think” mlb would find anything on them.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I read it.....several of the Sox players have come out with a similar story. I still say MLB better hammered them as hard or harder than the Astros....they are repeat offenders. Then I want to know what Bellinger thinks about Betts stealing his World Series and MVP in 2018.
rtp is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-20-2020, 01:15 PM   #811
Dale Moser
Pope & Young
 
Dale Moser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wise Cty
Hunt In: Young Cty
Default

I hope they reign down on Boston too, but as mentioned...I don't think they'll get the evidence they need. JD Martinez sure sounded guilty as hell though, if you havn't heard his line of ****, it will **** you off.
Dale Moser is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-20-2020, 01:31 PM   #812
Preacher Man
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Pearland
Hunt In: Jasper Co.
Default

I don't think Manfred wanted to investigate at all. I say that because he waited until after the 2019 season to go back and investigate a 2017 team. If he'd have wanted to investigate, he'd already done it. I think he got stuck with an investigation when Mike Fiers came out on the record. Then he had no choice once the public got wind of it.

I think it hurt him even worse because all of the big market teams were affected, Dodgers, Yankees and Red Sox. He was stuck between a rock and a hard place.

MLB has always been reactionary. Not proactive.

I consider it to be a lack of good leadership at the top of MLB to keep the game clean. And I think the players in the steroid era and the digital sign stealing era know that. It just seems like the whole environment is set up for the high potential for cheating.
Preacher Man is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-20-2020, 01:37 PM   #813
Dale Moser
Pope & Young
 
Dale Moser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wise Cty
Hunt In: Young Cty
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher Man View Post
I don't think Manfred wanted to investigate at all. I say that because he waited until after the 2019 season to go back and investigate a 2017 team. If he'd have wanted to investigate, he'd already done it. I think he got stuck with an investigation when Mike Fiers came out on the record. Then he had no choice once the public got wind of it.

I think it hurt him even worse because all of the big market teams were affected, Dodgers, Yankees and Red Sox. He was stuck between a rock and a hard place.

MLB has always been reactionary. Not proactive.

I consider it to be a lack of good leadership at the top of MLB to keep the game clean. And I think the players in the steroid era and the digital sign stealing era know that. It just seems like the whole environment is set up for the high potential for cheating.
Yes sir, spot on.

Also important to remember that Manfred is nothing more than a pawn for the owners. He's not making any of these decisions on his own, and they aren't going to make any that cost them to much money....like banning these teams from the post season, which is exactly what they SHOULD do.
Dale Moser is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-20-2020, 01:39 PM   #814
JLivi1224
Pope & Young
 
JLivi1224's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Mid County
Hunt In: Public
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Moser View Post
Yes sir, spot on.

Also important to remember that Manfred is nothing more than a pawn for the owners. He's not making any of these decisions on his own, and they aren't going to make any that cost them to much money....like banning these teams from the post season, which is exactly what they SHOULD do.
Banned from playoffs for how long, in your opinion...?
JLivi1224 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-20-2020, 01:48 PM   #815
ca1219
Six Point
 
ca1219's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Burleson
Default

It is funny to see Astros fans bash the Rangers. Funny how short term memory only comes into play for that. Outside of 17 to current the Astros were the Rangers whipping post for the decade prior.
ca1219 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-20-2020, 01:50 PM   #816
Dale Moser
Pope & Young
 
Dale Moser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wise Cty
Hunt In: Young Cty
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLivi1224 View Post
Banned from playoffs for how long, in your opinion...?
I think 2 years would be enough for everyone to take it seriously, but not enough to cripple a franchise.

I think had he done that at the beginning of all of this, the fans/players would have felt that the actual guilty parties we're actually being punished, and the rest of the sport wouldn't feel such a need to take shots individually. It could have been a REAL presser with actual contrition, from the whole team, and everyone could just say "They cheated, they ****ed up, they got punished", and its on to spring training. What keeps perpetuating the story is all the shots taken by other players, then the stros firing back....it just can't die.
Dale Moser is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-20-2020, 01:52 PM   #817
Tshelly
Ten Point
 
Tshelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Willis
Hunt In: Walker, Montgomery, Trinity, & Lee
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Moser View Post
The Astros are getting all the heat because they jumped on those immunity deals and sang like guilty *** birds. Now they’re all mad trying to act like victims.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Mis informed again. They received immunity because the memo sent in 2017 in August after the yankees and red Sox’s were fined undisclosed amounts for “cheating”/sign stealing was never dispersed to to AjHinch or the players. The players union would have immediately filed a grievance upon Major League Baseball if any player received any type of punishment.

As well the case was still very weak without the players confessing. Granting immunity was the only way they could get to the bottom of it all.

If anything judging from your comments on this whole thing you act more like the victim. Oh poor me, id fine my team 10 first round draft picks and a 100 million plus vacate all wins. Gtfoh!!! Sign stealing has been part of the game for 75 years

At least the Red Sox, yankees and dodgers fans have a a leg to stand on when being upset. The Rangers... no lolololololol

You already said they were good enough to probably win it without.. and they proved that in 2018 and 19


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tshelly is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-20-2020, 01:52 PM   #818
ca1219
Six Point
 
ca1219's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Burleson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Moser View Post
I think 2 years would be enough for everyone to take it seriously, but not enough to cripple a franchise.

I think had he done that at the beginning of all of this, the fans/players would have felt that the actual guilty parties we're actually being punished, and the rest of the sport wouldn't feel such a need to take shots individually. It could have been a REAL presser with actual contrition, from the whole team, and everyone could just say "They cheated, they ****ed up, they got punished", and its on to spring training. What keeps perpetuating the story is all the shots taken by other players, then the stros firing back....it just can't die.

The only problem with banning the franchise from playoffs, players who have moved on from the organization don't feel the effects.
ca1219 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-20-2020, 01:57 PM   #819
Dale Moser
Pope & Young
 
Dale Moser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wise Cty
Hunt In: Young Cty
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tshelly View Post
Mis informed again. They received immunity because the memo sent in 2017 in August after the yankees and red Sox’s were fined undisclosed amounts for “cheating”/sign stealing was never dispersed to to AjHinch or the players. The players union would have immediately filed a grievance upon Major League Baseball if any player received any type of punishment.

As well the case was still very weak without the players confessing. Granting immunity was the only way they could get to the bottom of it all.

If anything judging from your comments on this whole thing you act more like the victim. Oh poor me, id fine my team 10 first round draft picks and a 100 million plus vacate all wins. Gtfoh!!! Sign stealing has been part of the game for 75 years

At least the Red Sox, yankees and dodgers fans have a a leg to stand on when being upset. The Rangers... no lolololololol

You already said they were good enough to probably win it without.. and they proved that in 2018 and 19


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's hilarious. They needed a memo to know they were cheating? At least attempt to be objective. GTFOH...

They may have been good enough....we'll never know. Just frauds now. ***
Dale Moser is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-20-2020, 01:59 PM   #820
Dale Moser
Pope & Young
 
Dale Moser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wise Cty
Hunt In: Young Cty
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ca1219 View Post
The only problem with banning the franchise from playoffs, players who have moved on from the organization don't feel the effects.
True...there's no easy solution, so MLB does almost nothing...that's their MO.
Dale Moser is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-20-2020, 07:24 PM   #821
rtp
Pope & Young
 
rtp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Fulshear, Texas
Hunt In: open range
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ca1219 View Post
The only problem with banning the franchise from playoffs, players who have moved on from the organization don't feel the effects.


Not only that but if they were banned from the playoffs for multiple years, the ownership would trade all the important parts of the team for draft pics and prospects and start over like they did before. Then the players aren't punished in that scenario either because they are with a new team competing for the playoffs.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
rtp is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-20-2020, 07:33 PM   #822
JLivi1224
Pope & Young
 
JLivi1224's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Mid County
Hunt In: Public
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Moser View Post
Bring out your tinfoil batting helmets....

They're investigating Boston now.

I didn't say anyone was trashing them for it, I said that's why MLB came down on them. That's called "proof", that's what they seem to be lacking with Bos and NY. They have tons of proof on houston because houston handed it to them because they were caught.


And quit with your bull**** narrative about Ranger fans or any other fans, this doesn't have anything to do with what team you root for. I happen to be a Rangers fan, and if they're guilty too, then I'll be the first one screaming "HANG'EM HIGH"! It doesn't matter who you root for, if you're a fan of the game, this affects you...it affects the entire game. I was following the stros through the worst years of the rebuild, when they didn't even have a local TV deal, watching how they went about rebuilding the team, saving money, and aquiring talent....when most of houston had quit on them. I remember MANY times telling mad stros fans on this very website to "be patient, and just wait until these kids hit the big leagues"....MANY times! So save your holier than thou bull**** for someone else.
Ok Dale. Whatever you say. I’m sure the fact that you’re a rangers fan has nothing to do with your opinion. Carry on.

Last edited by JLivi1224; 02-20-2020 at 08:02 PM.
JLivi1224 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-20-2020, 08:20 PM   #823
Jaybo31
Pope & Young
 
Jaybo31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Montgomery
Hunt In: Montgomery County
Default 2020 Official Astros - Off Season thread

The Will Clark interview was pretty good where he laughed and said they just got caught ....we didn’t get caught

And Big Papi calling Fiers a snitch is pretty good too. Said if he’s that worried about it why wasn’t he crying while he was on the team?

LaRussa had a similar scheme in the 80’s with the White Sox. Signs were relayed with a light on a sign from a guy watching a tv.

Is what they did right? Meh, no.

But everyone acting like they have set the baseball world on fire and done something no one else has done is becoming laughable.

They got snitched on and have become the whipping boy to set an example.

And if as many teams knew about it as they are saying they did....well they sucked at changing their sequences.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jaybo31 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-21-2020, 08:33 AM   #824
Smart
Pope & Young
 
Smart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Denton, TX
Hunt In: Tom Green County
Default 2020 Official Astros - Off Season thread

Will Clark: Yeah I know it was on a different level...

Big Poppy trying to divert attention away from his RedSox and possibly him drawing attention back to Fiers!
Smart is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-21-2020, 10:45 AM   #825
TildenHunter
Pope & Young
 
TildenHunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Houston
Hunt In: Tilden & Utopia
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smart View Post
Will Clark: Yeah I know it was on a different level...

Big Poppy trying to divert attention away from his RedSox and possibly him drawing attention back to Fiers!
And then he said "Use some common sense". If everyone suspected the Astros of cheating, which many players have come out and said after the fact, why did they not change up their signs? It just doesn't make much sense.

I hate the Astros are the only one's being cast in this light but time to take their medicine and Win.

It reminds me of college football and recruiting. Do I think all top tier teams are cheating to some degree, yes! Does it suck when your team gets caught, Yep.

I would bet this is much more common then being reported. Is what it is. Time to move on .
TildenHunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-21-2020, 12:15 PM   #826
Backwoods101
Pope & Young
 
Backwoods101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Needville
Hunt In: Fort Bend, Gillespie, Kimble
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etxbuckman View Post
I still say MLB decided to pursue this whole thing in order to make an example of the Astros because they were kicking everyone's *** for 3 straight years. They can't afford to have the Yankees, Red Sox, and Dodgers not winning all the time.


this guy gets it


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Backwoods101 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-21-2020, 12:56 PM   #827
Tshelly
Ten Point
 
Tshelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Willis
Hunt In: Walker, Montgomery, Trinity, & Lee
Default

https://www.si.com/mlb/2018/11/02/su...dodgers-astros




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tshelly is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-21-2020, 01:04 PM   #828
Dale Moser
Pope & Young
 
Dale Moser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wise Cty
Hunt In: Young Cty
Default

Wouldn’t be surprised at a Friday news dump this afternoon regarding Boston.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dale Moser is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-21-2020, 01:06 PM   #829
Snowflake Killa
Pope & Young
 
Snowflake Killa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Shepherd
Hunt In: East Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Moser View Post
Wouldn’t be surprised at a Friday news dump this afternoon regarding Boston.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah they always do this kind of stuff on Friday.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Snowflake Killa is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-21-2020, 02:28 PM   #830
JHT
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Houston
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
Yeah they always do this kind of stuff on Friday.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

And no matter what the outcome of the report there will be fallout on either side of the findings.

With Papi calling out Fiers this week and saying layoff Manfred he's just doing his job seems like a last ditch effort to beg the judge for leniency.
JHT is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-21-2020, 08:26 PM   #831
texasdeerhunter
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Default

It’s the end of the week, has Boston been punished yet?
texasdeerhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-21-2020, 08:28 PM   #832
mikemorvan
Pope & Young
 
mikemorvan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Haltom City
Hunt In: vetements noirs
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasdeerhunter View Post
It’s the end of the week, has Boston been punished yet?
They have been punished as much as they are going to be punished.
mikemorvan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com