Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2020, 08:46 AM   #751
Fishndude
Pope & Young
 
Fishndude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, Texas
Hunt In: Mason, Ellis and Dimmit counties
Default

All the banter doesn’t remove the fact the Astros are cheaters.

Deflect as you see fit.

They cheated. They will always be labeled cheaters and not just by Ranger fans. They’re cheaters in the eyes of the entire fan base of every team. (As all teams who are found guilty in the future, should be)

Oh and the owner reminds me of a liberal politician with his crazy talk.

#cheaters
#beanball2020
Fishndude is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-16-2020, 08:49 AM   #752
zztex
Pope & Young
 
zztex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: LaPorte
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishndude View Post
all the banter doesnít remove the fact the astros are cheaters.

Deflect as you see fit.

They cheated. They will always be labeled cheaters and not just by ranger fans. Theyíre cheaters in the eyes of the entire fan base of every team. (as all teams who are found guilty in the future, should be)

oh and the owner reminds me of a liberal politician with his crazy talk.

#cheaters
#beanball2020
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😝😝😘😘
zztex is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-16-2020, 09:53 AM   #753
txbowkill
Ten Point
 
txbowkill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Tomball
Hunt In: Fayette County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smart View Post
The pressure for your guys to perform at similar levels as the past is going to be an interesting national watch. They are all going to be under heavy scrutiny ... much like the folks on steroids going from 50+HRs to 20-25. Gonna be fun fun on the Twittererz..
Yeah I agree with you on that. Looking forward to seeing how the Stros do this year and the 2020 season in general!
txbowkill is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-16-2020, 11:05 AM   #754
JMKro
Six Point
 
JMKro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Cypress, TX
Hunt In: Shelby, TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLivi1224 View Post
Bolded- Then what are we talking about here?

Hey hey letís not insert basketball into a sports conversation. Come on man.


My reactions are just due to me being tired of the buzzer stuff, mostly. I think objectively, one would have to view them as simply the most talented team in baseball for the last few years.

I donít think you can point to this in the same breath as the steroid era homerun show. There are many many metrics that the 17 Stros were top 3 in the league. The homerun records were individual achievements, by definitions achieved by one man, and his actions alone were the Only variable (controlled by that team) of the ensuing records.

A lot more than good hitting goes into your team winning a World Series.
Youíll have to trust me for now


Thank you for the congrats!
This is where the confusion comes in for me. When you look at all the games they played in 2017 (regular season & postseason), they had the exact same record on the road as they did at home. 56 Wins / 34 Losses. That has nothing to do with feelings, emotions, opinions, etc. That's literally what happened. At the end of the day, people are making this huge deal about a team that cheated, to do what? Become as good as they already were when they didn't cheat? They shouldn't have cheated (and per their record, they didn't need to). But to act like they "stole" the season, and it's such a "travesty", is hilarious to me.
JMKro is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-16-2020, 11:26 AM   #755
JLivi1224
Pope & Young
 
JLivi1224's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Mid County
Hunt In: Public
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMKro View Post
This is where the confusion comes in for me. When you look at all the games they played in 2017 (regular season & postseason), they had the exact same record on the road as they did at home. 56 Wins / 34 Losses. That has nothing to do with feelings, emotions, opinions, etc. That's literally what happened. At the end of the day, people are making this huge deal about a team that cheated, to do what? Become as good as they already were when they didn't cheat? They shouldn't have cheated (and per their record, they didn't need to). But to act like they "stole" the season, and it's such a "travesty", is hilarious to me.
You stop with your facts right now sir! Only emotion and jealousy is allowed!
JLivi1224 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-16-2020, 11:44 AM   #756
JMKro
Six Point
 
JMKro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Cypress, TX
Hunt In: Shelby, TX
Default

I had to do it
Attached Images
 
JMKro is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-16-2020, 01:57 PM   #757
SaltwaterSlick
Pope & Young
 
SaltwaterSlick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishndude View Post
All the banter doesnít remove the fact the Astros are cheaters.

Deflect as you see fit.

They cheated. They will always be labeled cheaters and not just by Ranger fans. Theyíre cheaters in the eyes of the entire fan base of every team. (As all teams who are found guilty in the future, should be)

Oh and the owner reminds me of a liberal politician with his crazy talk.

#cheaters
#beanball2020

Jeff their owner Jim Crane IS a flaming liberal!! Him and Obama were/are tight. Every time Obama played golf in Florida, it was on one of Crane's courses and most of the time it was Crane he played with... I root for the team, but would never buy a ticket or buy any official astro's (or now Astrisk's) gear.
SaltwaterSlick is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-17-2020, 01:24 PM   #758
rtp
Pope & Young
 
rtp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Fulshear, Texas
Hunt In: open range
Default

Astros sign Jared Hughes to a minor league contract with an invite to camp.

Right-hander Jared Hughes and the Astros have agreed to a Minor League contract with an invite to Major League Spring Training. Hughes is at Astros camp in West Palm Beach, Fla., and was to work out on Monday.

Hughes is a nine-year MLB veteran with a 2.88 ERA in 524 career games, all in relief. He split the 2019 season between Cincinnati and Philadelphia, making 72 appearances with a 4.04 ERA and 54 strikeouts in 71 1/3 innings. He previously spent six seasons with the Pirates and one with the Brewers.

David Adler is a reporter for MLB.com based in New York. Follow him on Twitter at @_dadler.
rtp is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-17-2020, 01:34 PM   #759
Dale Moser
Pope & Young
 
Dale Moser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wise Cty
Hunt In: Young Cty
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tshelly View Post
Lol nah. Just sending smoke back. I canít imagine of the rolls were reversed and the Rangers were in the the stros shoes.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No you can't I can assure you I've got enough self respect not to defend any of the **** that's gone on down there.....I don't care what team or sport.


Correa is a dumb ***, but I understand why he's taking up for a teamate and mentor. Some of you...I don't get.


"Yes we were cheating, but it didn't help....so we kept doing it. Oh and they cheated over there too!".
Dale Moser is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-17-2020, 01:38 PM   #760
Dale Moser
Pope & Young
 
Dale Moser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wise Cty
Hunt In: Young Cty
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLivi1224 View Post
You guys ever gonna stop with the buzzer bull***?? Seriously. It was debunked by MLB investigators themselves.
Bull****, they just couldn't prove it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLivi1224 View Post
The above is part of my issue with all this. MLB is throwing the Stros under the bus to make an example. This was going on league wide, in some form or fashion! So much so, a league wide Memo was sent out in September of Ď17.
The same MLB that supposedly "debunked" the buzzer thing. More bull****.


All excuses and deflection.
Dale Moser is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-17-2020, 01:59 PM   #761
Tshelly
Ten Point
 
Tshelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Willis
Hunt In: Walker, Montgomery, Trinity, & Lee
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Moser View Post
No you can't I can assure you I've got enough self respect not to defend any of the **** that's gone on down there.....I don't care what team or sport.





Correa is a dumb ***, but I understand why he's taking up for a teamate and mentor. Some of you...I don't get.





"Yes we were cheating, but it didn't help....so we kept doing it. Oh and they cheated over there too!".


Rent free!!! Another day letting us know about your personal feelings for Astros fans. Thank you!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tshelly is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-17-2020, 02:06 PM   #762
ACCURACYINC
Ten Point
 
ACCURACYINC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Tomball
Hunt In: Mcmullen County
Default

As a lifelong Astros fan, I'm embarrassed and extremely disappointed. I think they should forfeit their WS title as well. Anyone who says "it doesn't matter if they knew what was coming, they still had to hit it" clearly never played beyond dad's pitch. They cheated their *****e$ off, and all they can do now is go out and win to have any hope of shutting people up.

That being said, people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. And the Rangers suck.

Last edited by ACCURACYINC; 02-17-2020 at 02:12 PM. Reason: ...
ACCURACYINC is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-17-2020, 02:22 PM   #763
rossivey
Pope & Young
 
rossivey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lamasco, TX
Hunt In: Fannin Co.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Moser View Post
Bull****, they just couldn't prove it.







The same MLB that supposedly "debunked" the buzzer thing. More bull****.





All excuses and deflection.
But do we know they couldn't prove it? They gave the players immunity to tell what went on. I have my doubts that the whole report was made public. If that lawsuit from that one pitcher goes through, then EVERYTHING will be out in the open. But I'm sure there will be a settlement to keep that from happening.

And yall keep throwing the Home and Away records out there as a defense when it's been let know that the code breakers traveled with the team. And their Postseason Home and Away splits are HUGE.



Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
rossivey is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-17-2020, 02:47 PM   #764
flyinstroke
Ten Point
 
flyinstroke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Wharton
Hunt In: Zapata County
Default

I'm ready for trashcan night at the park! Maybe it will get its own bobble head to go with it!
flyinstroke is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-17-2020, 03:09 PM   #765
LukeDuke
Ten Point
 
LukeDuke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Denton County
Hunt In: Texas, Kansas, Louisiana
Default

I don't have a dog in this hunt, and my objective opinion is:

If you admit to cheating in 2017 - surrender the trophy. It's the honorable thing to do...and it puts all this BS to rest.

BUT - I believe Correa's testimony about Altuve sounds legit.
LukeDuke is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-17-2020, 03:10 PM   #766
JLivi1224
Pope & Young
 
JLivi1224's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Mid County
Hunt In: Public
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Moser View Post
Bull****, they just couldn't prove it.



The same MLB that supposedly "debunked" the buzzer thing. More bull****.


All excuses and deflection.
Moser, Iíve already posted the link were MLB themselves came out and said their investigators found zero evidence of buzzers or any other devices being worn. Iím not gonna hold your hand bub, But if youíre interested go back a couple pages, and you can find it.

Again, I would love to ask any of you, why the rest of the league let it go on for such a long time as some of you claim, with something as blatantly obvious as banging a trash can??

While youíre at it, can you fellas explain to me if the Astros were the only ones implementing some kind of digital sign stealing,, then why did the league send out a league wide memo in September 2017.
Just curious.

Glass houses, perhaps....
JLivi1224 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-17-2020, 03:12 PM   #767
JLivi1224
Pope & Young
 
JLivi1224's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Mid County
Hunt In: Public
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossivey View Post
But do we know they couldn't prove it? They gave the players immunity to tell what went on. I have my doubts that the whole report was made public. If that lawsuit from that one pitcher goes through, then EVERYTHING will be out in the open. But I'm sure there will be a settlement to keep that from happening.

And yall keep throwing the Home and Away records out there as a defense when it's been let know that the code breakers traveled with the team. And their Postseason Home and Away splits are HUGE.



Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Are you under the impression that home Field makes no difference? I could point to splits like this league wide. Some players hit better at home. Some players hit better on the road. And sometimes those splits are very large. Are we to assume that everyone that itís better at home is cheating somehow?
JLivi1224 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-17-2020, 03:14 PM   #768
JLivi1224
Pope & Young
 
JLivi1224's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Mid County
Hunt In: Public
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Moser View Post
Bull****, they just couldn't prove it.



The same MLB that supposedly "debunked" the buzzer thing. More bull****.


All excuses and deflection.
You guys are just a bunch of butt hurt Rangers fans. Get over it. Theyíre not gonna vacate the trophy. Maybe you guys will get a World Series championship sometime in the next 50 years, and itíll fix those feelings.

Until then...2017 WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!!!
JLivi1224 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-17-2020, 03:24 PM   #769
rossivey
Pope & Young
 
rossivey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lamasco, TX
Hunt In: Fannin Co.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLivi1224 View Post
Are you under the impression that home Field makes no difference? I could point to splits like this league wide. Some players hit better at home. Some players hit better on the road. And sometimes those splits are very large. Are we to assume that everyone that itís better at home is cheating somehow?
Never said home field wasn't an advantage. It absolutely is but not like the 2017 Postseason. And I'm not for them vacating the title. But if they didn't want the **** storm that is going to be the media sessions this season, then maybe they could've had a better "apology" last week.

They've brought the scrutiny on themselves as an organization. Apology and move on, it worked when Andy Pettite admitted to using steroids. And if the Red Sox report that comes out Friday shows they cheated in 2018, I'd bet money that they'll admit and apologize for cheating to keep from the lynch mob coming after their title like players in MLB are doing everytime a mic is put in front of them.

Until then 2017 World Series Champions*

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
rossivey is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-17-2020, 03:38 PM   #770
Dale Moser
Pope & Young
 
Dale Moser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wise Cty
Hunt In: Young Cty
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLivi1224 View Post
Moser, Iíve already posted the link were MLB themselves came out and said their investigators found zero evidence of buzzers or any other devices being worn. Iím not gonna hold your hand bub, But if youíre interested go back a couple pages, and you can find it.

Again, I would love to ask any of you, why the rest of the league let it go on for such a long time as some of you claim, with something as blatantly obvious as banging a trash can??

While youíre at it, can you fellas explain to me if the Astros were the only ones implementing some kind of digital sign stealing,, then why did the league send out a league wide memo in September 2017.
Just curious.

Glass houses, perhaps....
The same MLB you despise for not reigning down on Boston and NY, is now the one you trust implicitly when they say they couldn't prove something...

Probably to keep from having to single out the Astros, since it sounds like everyone knew they were cheating...

Hold MY hand? You're the blind one.....Bub.
Dale Moser is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-17-2020, 03:42 PM   #771
Dale Moser
Pope & Young
 
Dale Moser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wise Cty
Hunt In: Young Cty
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLivi1224 View Post
You guys are just a bunch of butt hurt Rangers fans. Get over it. Theyíre not gonna vacate the trophy. Maybe you guys will get a World Series championship sometime in the next 50 years, and itíll fix those feelings.

Until then...2017 WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!!!
I don't care one bit about the trophy, doesn't mean anything now anyway. And if it comes out tomorrow that the Rangers were cheating, then I hope they fine them 10X what the * got, and take away every 1st round pick for 5 years.

Doesn't have anything to do with Rangers, Stros, Yanks, or Montreal Expos....it's a huge black eye on the greatest sport in the world and you newbies can't accept the fact that it was your boys responsible.
Dale Moser is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-17-2020, 03:47 PM   #772
JLivi1224
Pope & Young
 
JLivi1224's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Mid County
Hunt In: Public
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Moser View Post
I don't care one bit about the trophy, doesn't mean anything now anyway. And if it comes out tomorrow that the Rangers were cheating, then I hope they fine them 10X what the * got, and take away every 1st round pick for 5 years.

Doesn't have anything to do with Rangers, Stros, Yanks, or Montreal Expos....it's a huge black eye on the greatest sport in the world and you newbies can't accept the fact that it was your boys responsible.
Newbie to what exactly!?
JLivi1224 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-17-2020, 03:48 PM   #773
JLivi1224
Pope & Young
 
JLivi1224's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Mid County
Hunt In: Public
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Moser View Post
I don't care one bit about the trophy, doesn't mean anything now anyway. And if it comes out tomorrow that the Rangers were cheating, then I hope they fine them 10X what the * got, and take away every 1st round pick for 5 years.

Doesn't have anything to do with Rangers, Stros, Yanks, or Montreal Expos....it's a huge black eye on the greatest sport in the world and you newbies can't accept the fact that it was your boys responsible.
At least you recognize baseball for what it is. 1 point for Dale.
JLivi1224 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-17-2020, 03:49 PM   #774
JLivi1224
Pope & Young
 
JLivi1224's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Mid County
Hunt In: Public
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Moser View Post
I don't care one bit about the trophy, doesn't mean anything now anyway. And if it comes out tomorrow that the Rangers were cheating, then I hope they fine them 10X what the * got, and take away every 1st round pick for 5 years.

Doesn't have anything to do with Rangers, Stros, Yanks, or Montreal Expos....it's a huge black eye on the greatest sport in the world and you newbies can't accept the fact that it was your boys responsible.
You guys act as if hitting is the only part of the game. Forget everything else they did better than 90% or more of the league.
JLivi1224 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-17-2020, 03:49 PM   #775
ACCURACYINC
Ten Point
 
ACCURACYINC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Tomball
Hunt In: Mcmullen County
Default

Nobody would ever believe the Rangers cheated, Dale. Even if they came out and admitted it openly.
ACCURACYINC is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-17-2020, 03:51 PM   #776
JLivi1224
Pope & Young
 
JLivi1224's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Mid County
Hunt In: Public
Default

They’ll still finish 20+ games better than the Rs.
JLivi1224 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-17-2020, 04:31 PM   #777
MassMan
Ten Point
 
MassMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Cypress
Hunt In: Fisher, Erath
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Moser View Post
The same MLB you despise for not reigning down on Boston and NY, is now the one you trust implicitly when they say they couldn't prove something...

Probably to keep from having to single out the Astros, since it sounds like everyone knew they were cheating...

Hold MY hand? You're the blind one.....Bub.
You realize the memo went out due to the Yankees and Red Sox being caught electronically stealing signs, right? Of course you don't and the Astros used buzzers too.
MassMan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-17-2020, 04:38 PM   #778
CoolHandLuke
Ten Point
 
CoolHandLuke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Texas
Hunt In: Del Rio
Default

Rangers fan need to get on some meds! Dudes smooth off his rocker!
CoolHandLuke is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-17-2020, 04:58 PM   #779
Huntindad
Pope & Young
 
Huntindad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Leander / Liberty Hill
Hunt In: Kerr county & TP&W
Default

yep, this horse done been beat to death and 6 feet down. come on season.
Huntindad is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-17-2020, 05:10 PM   #780
Mexico
Pope & Young
 
Mexico's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Clear Lake Tx
Hunt In: Old Mexico, Centerville Tx
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Moser View Post
The same MLB you despise for not reigning down on Boston and NY, is now the one you trust implicitly when they say they couldn't prove something...

Probably to keep from having to single out the Astros, since it sounds like everyone knew they were cheating...

Hold MY hand? You're the blind one.....Bub.
Mexico is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-17-2020, 07:18 PM   #781
zztex
Pope & Young
 
zztex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: LaPorte
Default

Martes busted for Peds again and suspended 162 games. What a dumbass
zztex is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-17-2020, 08:00 PM   #782
texasdeerhunter
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zztex View Post
Martes busted for Peds again and suspended 162 games. What a dumbass
TJ, suspended once already for PEDs, now heís suspended a whole season...I think itís safe to assume his career is over. What a waste of talent
texasdeerhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-17-2020, 08:19 PM   #783
rtp
Pope & Young
 
rtp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Fulshear, Texas
Hunt In: open range
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zztex View Post
Martes busted for Peds again and suspended 162 games. What a dumbass
Wow. Dumbass is right. ARod must be his idol.
rtp is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-18-2020, 02:15 PM   #784
JMKro
Six Point
 
JMKro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Cypress, TX
Hunt In: Shelby, TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossivey View Post
but do we know they couldn't prove it? They gave the players immunity to tell what went on. I have my doubts that the whole report was made public. If that lawsuit from that one pitcher goes through, then everything will be out in the open. But i'm sure there will be a settlement to keep that from happening.

and yall keep throwing the home and away records out there as a defense when it's been let know that the code breakers traveled with the team. And their postseason home and away splits are huge.



sent from my sm-n960u using tapatalk
I found some articles that talked about the "Codebreaker" plan being used on the road, so my bad on that one. I thought I had me a good meme (). In all seriousness though, I'm not seeing where the postseason home vs. away record/stats come into play, if the point is that the sign stealing made a positive difference in record/stats. It seems contradictory to say, "Their regular season record/stats show how the sign stealing made a positive difference" (regular season home vs. away record was only a five game difference), but then at the same time say, "Their postseason record/stats show how the sign stealing made a positive difference" (but the stats/record went the opposite way). Unless that's not your point...

At least for me, the ***** of it all is that they were a really good team that "probably" didn't need to cheat in order to be successful. They got caught, and now have to deal with the BS that comes with it. With that being said, I really don't understand why some people have gotten so freaked out over this. I'm not defending what they did, but let's be realistic. A team used a camera, monitor, & trashcan to relay signs to the hitter at the plate. Some people are acting like the team murdered innocent people on the field or something. "Oh, this is just as bad (if not worse) as the 1919 White Sox scandal." Like, really? What the Astros did isn't even in the same realm as that. Cheating to become better vs. intentionally losing? Come on, now...
JMKro is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-18-2020, 02:25 PM   #785
MacDaddy67
Ten Point
 
MacDaddy67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Default

Bring on the Bean ball....it will go both ways...Dusty is old school and he wont stand for it.....
We have some guys that can throw pretty **** hard.....

Its gonna be brutal on the road for them this year.....

Best thing they can do is just kick everyone's *** and win 100+ again....
MacDaddy67 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-19-2020, 03:36 PM   #786
Tshelly
Ten Point
 
Tshelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Willis
Hunt In: Walker, Montgomery, Trinity, & Lee
Default

https://twitter.com/astrosfuture/sta...666262019?s=21

Girardi giving a little insight into how their sign stealing went.

*not denying the Astros did worse with theirs, just thought this was interesting.


https://thebaseballcodes.com/2010/08...und-the-world/

Another cool article if you are into baseball history.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tshelly is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-19-2020, 03:41 PM   #787
Dale Moser
Pope & Young
 
Dale Moser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wise Cty
Hunt In: Young Cty
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMKro View Post

At least for me, the ***** of it all is that they were a really good team that "probably" didn't need to cheat in order to be successful.
This is what I kept thinking when this was coming out. I wouldn't have thought the clubhouse would have let it get to where it did...but that was a very young clubhouse after the rebuild.

Hinch failed them in that regard.
Dale Moser is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-19-2020, 04:06 PM   #788
Tshelly
Ten Point
 
Tshelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Willis
Hunt In: Walker, Montgomery, Trinity, & Lee
Default 2020 Official Astros - Off Season thread

According to Strom itís looking like

1.) Verlander
2.) Greinke
3.) LMJ
4.) Urquidy
5.) Competition between Pruitt and Josh James

I wonder since LMJ is on a pretty strict inning count if we use him as an opener in the beginning of the year as he ramps up. Now that Click has joined the organization Iím wondering if and when we see this.


Whitley to start at RR likely til they must have him or mid season call up. Cristian Javier gaining tons of steam to make the squad at some point too. He went through all 3 levels last year, excelling at each.

Whitley reported to camp 40#íslighter
Bregman 25#ís lighter than last year


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Tshelly; 02-19-2020 at 04:10 PM.
Tshelly is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-19-2020, 04:11 PM   #789
JLivi1224
Pope & Young
 
JLivi1224's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Mid County
Hunt In: Public
Default

2020 World Series champs! I know the perfect spot for that banner !
JLivi1224 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-19-2020, 07:33 PM   #790
rtp
Pope & Young
 
rtp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Fulshear, Texas
Hunt In: open range
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Moser View Post
This is what I kept thinking when this was coming out. I wouldn't have thought the clubhouse would have let it get to where it did...but that was a very young clubhouse after the rebuild.

Hinch failed them in that regard.
Hinch did fail them by not stopping it. But, the two guys they looked to for leadership were Cora and Beltran. Those two guys promoted this and the young(ish) guys took to it. I cant believe Cora and Beltran are basically getting a pass in all of this. Yes they lost their jobs but they are barely mentioned at all while the current players are getting scorched. Hell it's a lovefest in Minnesota with Marwin. Im anxiously waiting for the diluted Boston didnt cheat much in 2018 report tomorrow.
rtp is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-19-2020, 07:37 PM   #791
Smart
Pope & Young
 
Smart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Denton, TX
Hunt In: Tom Green County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tshelly View Post
Bregman 25#ís lighter than last year


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

**** that was a big azz buzzer
Smart is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-19-2020, 08:21 PM   #792
Dale Moser
Pope & Young
 
Dale Moser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wise Cty
Hunt In: Young Cty
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtp View Post
Hinch did fail them by not stopping it. But, the two guys they looked to for leadership were Cora and Beltran. Those two guys promoted this and the young(ish) guys took to it. I cant believe Cora and Beltran are basically getting a pass in all of this. Yes they lost their jobs but they are barely mentioned at all while the current players are getting scorched. Hell it's a lovefest in Minnesota with Marwin. Im anxiously waiting for the diluted Boston didnt cheat much in 2018 report tomorrow.
I will agree with you on all of that.
Dale Moser is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-19-2020, 08:22 PM   #793
Dale Moser
Pope & Young
 
Dale Moser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wise Cty
Hunt In: Young Cty
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smart View Post
**** that was a big azz buzzer
I actually laughed out loud!
Dale Moser is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-19-2020, 09:42 PM   #794
Rubi513
Pope & Young
 
Rubi513's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Centerville
Hunt In: Walker County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tshelly View Post



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rubi513 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-19-2020, 09:46 PM   #795
Dale Moser
Pope & Young
 
Dale Moser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wise Cty
Hunt In: Young Cty
Default

Thats twice in one day I actually laughed out loud at a meme! Credit for idea...execution lacked a little..kinda like.....nevermind.



Well played..
Dale Moser is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-20-2020, 08:52 AM   #796
rtp
Pope & Young
 
rtp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Fulshear, Texas
Hunt In: open range
Default

https://elitesportsny.com/2020/01/16...k-Lneqx82XpObQ

This is what Ive been saying......out all the cheaters and punish alike. But we all know MLB will never do that because of $$$$. Those that think the Stros and Sox were the only ones cheating are seriously naive.
rtp is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-20-2020, 09:28 AM   #797
texasdeerhunter
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtp View Post
https://elitesportsny.com/2020/01/16...k-Lneqx82XpObQ

This is what Ive been saying......out all the cheaters and punish alike. But we all know MLB will never do that because of $$$$. Those that think the Stros and Sox were the only ones cheating are seriously naive.
I agree 100%. If we are going to punish teams for cheating, punish all of them equally
texasdeerhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-20-2020, 10:32 AM   #798
TildenHunter
Pope & Young
 
TildenHunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Houston
Hunt In: Tilden & Utopia
Default

https://twitter.com/JuliaLopez3/stat...ros-scandal%2F
TildenHunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-20-2020, 12:21 PM   #799
Etxbuckman
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Spring
Default

I still say MLB decided to pursue this whole thing in order to make an example of the Astros because they were kicking everyone's *** for 3 straight years. They can't afford to have the Yankees, Red Sox, and Dodgers not winning all the time.
Etxbuckman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-20-2020, 12:28 PM   #800
breederbuck33
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Beaumont
Default

So what happens when the Astros win the WS this year?
breederbuck33 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com