No announcement yet.

Ozonics doesn’t work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If anyone interested in one I have an HR-200 for sale. Comes with charger, clamp for ground blind and screw in for tree mount. For me it worked well.

PM me if interested.

Comment

I’ve been using Ozonics while hunting and ozone generators for my clothing for years. For hunting, it must be set up right to kill the odors as they exit the blind.

There are some good videos that will help you set it up correctly.

The patented scent elimination technology of Ozonics is scientifically proven to be the best scent control solution in the hunting industry. You'll get closer to more animals and bigger game with Ozonics scent eliminators.

The patented scent elimination technology of Ozonics is scientifically proven to be the best scent control solution in the hunting industry. You'll get closer to more animals and bigger game with Ozonics scent eliminators.

As far as Damaging clothing or boots, I’ve never had a problem with my sika or kuiu clothing or under armor hunting boots. I treat my clothes for 10 - 15 minutes before I get dressed. I had a log 6 generator for years and recently bought a similar unit off of Amazon. I put all my clothes and boots in a tote and then run the ozone into the tote via a tube.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	D93BCB08-72F0-4B45-A445-EACA987190BC.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	24596610

Comment

Quit eating spicy foods. Or just use vanilla

Comment

I've been busted myself with it... but very few times.... and its ALWAYS an ancient doe!!

Comment

Before you swear it off, let me try it, I may even give you some money for it.

Comment

Ozone is an oxidant. It breaks down organics. Rubber being one of them. It will cause irritation of mucus membranes and eyes. It can cause death in higher concentrations. It is used in place of chlorine for the disinfection of water in treatment plants. It is destructive to many bacteria and viruses including cryptosporidium and giardia. In the concentrations used for the units run on batteries it is low volume and fairly low concentrate however it is still an irritant and can cause respiratory issues. Always use with a window open in a blind. In an open air situation the effectiveness will vary due to many factors including wind speed and swirling. Just like with a Thermacell.

Comment

By the way the units used for treatment plants are the size of trucks and are most efficient when running with oxygen gas run through them. And they aren't using batteries.

Comment

Biggest scam ever. Hecs is 2nd. If you don’t agree, too bad. This is my opinion and I ain’t asking for anyone else’s.

Comment

Sent money back years ago for a refund, it did seem to make any difference. And yes I play the wind and scent free game.

Comment

They work if they are set up right and with a moderate fairly consistent wind.
                      Their are conditions where they don't work that well.
                      High winds
                      No wind
                      Swirling winds
                      They work better with a box blind than a round one or a tree stand.
                      A lot of people don't set them up right when they use them

Comment

Originally posted by lglidewell View Post
                        Before you swear it off, let me try it, I may even give you some money for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Geraldg6 View Post
                          Got busted for the 3rd time in a row with the ozonics. Pretty confident there is no tricking a mature deer’s nose. Just wanted to vent a little about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          a buddy of mine swears by it but has never had a mature buck in bow range, he always sends me pics of deer "downwind" and real close but its young deer every time. i let him be, and let him keep hunting bad winds since we hunt properties next to each other

barry, if you read this, i'm not talking about you, yours works great.

Comment

Just because your busted, you can't assume its one thing or the other. Unless you can interview the deer (rolling my eyes), all you can do is assume.

Scent is only 1 factor. Noise and movement are others.

I use an ozonics machine from my treestand. Never been busted 1 time. As long as you set the machine up to waterfall the ozone (which is heavier than oxygen) between you and which ever direction the wind is blowing, your doing what your supposed to be doing.

I constantly hear "I hunt the wind". Well, what do you do when your in the stand and the wind changes? I constantly monitor the wind direction and will point my machine the appropriate way. Knowing how to properly operate something will go along way in obtaining success.

Comment

Originally posted by Blitz View Post
                              Just because your busted, you can't assume its one thing or the other. Unless you can interview the deer (rolling my eyes), all you can do is assume.

Scent is only 1 factor. Noise and movement are others.

I use an ozonics machine from my treestand. Never been busted 1 time. As long as you set the machine up to waterfall the ozone (which is heavier than oxygen) between you and which ever direction the wind is blowing, your doing what your supposed to be doing.

I constantly hear "I hunt the wind". Well, what do you do when your in the stand and the wind changes? I constantly monitor the wind direction and will point my machine the appropriate way. Knowing how to properly operate something will go along way in obtaining success.
                              not calling you out, but have you killed any mature bucks since you've been using it? like i said above, my buddy could have killed truckloads of does and young bucks by now, but has yet to have a shooter in bow range in about 4 years of using it. and he has the ozone bag for his clothes and sprays down and all that too.

i agree on you cant always just "hunt the wind." where i am deer come from almost every direction, there really isnt a perfect wind, i hunt the good winds and hope for the best.

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                                not calling you out, but have you killed any mature bucks since you've been using it? like i said above, my buddy could have killed truckloads of does and young bucks by now, but has yet to have a shooter in bow range in about 4 years of using it. and he has the ozone bag for his clothes and sprays down and all that too.

i agree on you cant always just "hunt the wind." where i am deer come from almost every direction, there really isnt a perfect wind, i hunt the good winds and hope for the best.
                                We've killed lots of bucks 5.5-8.5 yrs old 170'-200" dead down wind when conditions were right and the ozonics was used properly

Comment

Working...
                                X