Redneckin' Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Redneckin' Again

My little "wind puffer" was running out of powder and I couldn't find any unscented talcum powder in town, but I thought about this:

Went to the big boy toy store (HD) and picked it up for $1.50 and refilled my puffer. Then I got another ideal--using this:

Rinsed it out thoroughly and let it dry overnight, filled, it up, and now I have a backup. Only drawback is you have to unscrew the lid instead of the flip-up top on the original.

And, for all you folks that are **** about your bow camo matching your clothes camo matching your pop-up camo matching your wraps, matching your strings and cables matching your . . . well, the chalk refills come in lots of colors.

I've heard folks using cornstarch, but wondered about high humidity causing it to clump up.
    Last edited by dustoffer; 10-10-2015, 10:22 AM.

different for sure, i like it

Comment

I keep a ball of cotton (like out of a pill bottle) stuffed in one of the holes in my bow. Pull a little piece off and let her fly in the wind, you could also put cover scent on the cotton ball, serve double duty.

Comment

I like the cotton ball idea.

Comment

I refill mine with regular old flour.

Comment

Nice find. Can't believe dewalt chalk was that cheap. Clearance or regular price?

Comment

Cool idea. I'll have to use that. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by medicmike View Post
                Nice find. Can't believe dewalt chalk was that cheap. Clearance or regular price?
                Don't know--all of the bottles of different colors on the shelf were that price--and it was the same price on-line.

Comment

The mind of a retired BIRD is always working for the good of the Redneck nation.

Comment

Working...
                  X