Wrist Sling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wrist Sling

New to bow hunting and recently went on a pig hunt. No pigs showed up but had 4 coyotes come in within 25 yds. I made the decision to take one but quickly realized when removing my bow from it's hanger that my wrist sling was in the way for getting ready for a quick shot. I may have it a little tight but was wondering, is it really necessary to have. Everything went smooth after I was able to get my hand through sling but definately cost me precious seconds.

Main question is, Do you shoot with a wrist sling on your bows?

Absolutly not ever for hunting. Back in 94ish it cost me the biggest buck ive ever had a shot at in South Texas. He was 12 yards and it was in the upper 20's. I got all hung up. Have not shot one since.

Comment

I dont use that crap. Take it off. Thats one more thing to slow u down. good luck

Comment

They play a vital part in normal shooting, in the fact that it allows you to feel comfortable with a loose grip and hopefully stops a little grip torque. However when your hunting you don't really need it like Ragin said...

Comment

Thanks

Comment

I don't feel comfortable without it, but that's just me. I hunt like I practice and I practice with a sling.

Comment

Nope. I don't like them and haven't never needed one.

Comment

Originally posted by Raypo View Post
                They play a vital part in normal shooting, in the fact that it allows you to feel comfortable with a loose grip and hopefully stops a little grip torque. However when your hunting you don't really need it like Ragin said...

Good piece of information being I am new to this whole bow thing too

Comment

I shoot one when I shoot tournaments and when I practice so I shoot one hunting. Most folks shoot them way to tight.
                  Ron

Comment

I changed bows and never got one for the new bow. I don't miss it.

Comment

I have used one since I started shooting. With that being said I am shooting this year without one. I think once your used to your bow and know it will not jump out of your hand at the shot a bow sling just becomes extra bling.

Comment

i have done it both ways, once almost lost a bow shooting steeply down out of a tree stand.
                        made this one out of paracord by pulling out the inner strands and replacing with weed eater line heated and bent to shape. makes it practically fool proof geting your hand in.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by hogdaddy; 09-08-2012, 10:26 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Originally posted by hogdaddy View Post
                          i have done it both ways, once almost lost a bow shooting steeply down out of a tree stand.
                          made this one out of paracord by pulling out the inner strands and replacing with weed eater line heated and bent to shape. makes it practically fool proof geting your hand in.
                          Still love me some feathers!

Comment

It's good hunting practice to hunt how you practice at home. If your getting tangled up either your moving around too fast or your sling is too tight. I always use mine. On steep inclines and longer shots I think for me it plays a vital role in my confidence. I always have my bow sitting in my lap though and so does my wife. Never been an issue

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
                              Still love me some feathers!
                              thanks, i keep every usable turkey feather i can find.

Comment

Working...
                              X