No announcement yet.

Shot a 10 pt this evening :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm still going to look there's no giving up trust me guys, I'll stick with it till the end while I'm waiting as we speak I'm walking the shore line of the river looking in all the cat tails, but from where the blood trail he either kept walking down the deer trail he was on or went to the river to his right I've walked the trail and around the trail multiple times. Trust me I know y'all wanna see pics I wanna lay my hands on him and not just that I don't want the meet to go bad, but hang in there y'all I'm trying everything y'all are saying so y'all keep it up. Between I'm only 19 years old and I'm the only one that hunts at my house I set up stands scouted and all so it's a big deal to me to do all this on my own and will be a even bigger accomplishment to recover they deer.
    Y'all keep it up tho every time I start to even consider giving up I get on here and y'all bump my strive to keep searching back up.

Thanks TBH'ers!

Comment

Originally posted by jetlag887 View Post
      Call someone to "bring their dog for a WALK on your place" and leave all guns, knives and bows at camp.

That law is BS.
      X2

Comment

Good luck! Hope you find him. But if you can't, I would think that any reasonable GW would not come down too hard on you for using a tracking dog. How many deer are shot with an arrow when being pursued by a dog? If you had no weapons with you, even if you had the deer in your possession, and it was obviously shot with an arrow, he might cut you some slack. Anyway, I would chance it for a buck that size! Don't be too hard on yourself because everyone makes a marginal shot eventually.

Comment

good luck keep it up

Comment

i think the dog needs walked.

Comment

You need a good dog before that trail go's cold

Comment

Originally posted by Nativetex View Post
                Good luck! Hope you find him. But if you can't, I would think that any reasonable GW would not come down too hard on you for using a tracking dog. How many deer are shot with an arrow when being pursued by a dog? If you had no weapons with you, even if you had the deer in your possession, and it was obviously shot with an arrow, he might cut you some slack. Anyway, I would chance it for a buck that size! Don't be too hard on yourself because everyone makes a marginal shot eventually.
                I would definitely give te GW a call to see if he could cut you a break. Ask him to come look at the signs you've already found.

Comment

Originally posted by shaft_slinger00 View Post
                  i think the dog needs walked.
                  X2

-Gonzo

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

keep it up, best of luck

Comment

Call G W frist

Comment

Keep on going cowboy don't give up

Comment

Called a GW he was a ***** sorry to say but also just doing his job. He said "In harris county you CAN NOT" he said it loud and clearly like that "by any circumstances purposly put a dog on the trail of a deer." Well looks like I'm going to have to accidentally put a dog on the trail of a deer haha just kidding. Well looks like the search is on again my buddy's are here there are now 4 of us were going to walk 300 to 400 yards in every direction possible. Fingers crossed on this one boy's!

Comment

Originally posted by TalonErickson7 View Post
                              Called a GW he was a ***** sorry to say but also just doing his job. He said "In harris county you CAN NOT" he said it loud and clearly like that "by any circumstances purposly put a dog on the trail of a deer." Well looks like I'm going to have to accidentally put a dog on the trail of a deer haha just kidding. Well looks like the search is on again my buddy's are here there are now 4 of us were going to walk 300 to 400 yards in every direction possible. Fingers crossed on this one boy's!
                              Well you tried. Good luck man!

Comment

Sorry to hear that about your canine options. But you're right - just doing his job.

Best of luck!

Comment

Working...
                                X