Jeep restore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrianG View Post
    Good job LWR2! Do you do transmission work on mid 80's Chevrolet pick ups?
    That R400 trans is a dime a dozen. Just go get one and we can put it in. JB also has another project for me too.

LWR2
    Last edited by LWR2; 10-05-2015, 01:03 PM.

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Originally posted by TexasBob View Post
        How did you like the chassis saver? I have been looking at POR 15
        POR 15 has always been my go too.... This stuff Reacts with the moisture in the metal and air for that matter and creates a stronger barrier. If you are planning on using chassis savor make sure its not humid outside.

Thanks,
        LWR2

Comment

Monstaliner is great. I used it on the interior of a Landcruiser and the front bumper/brush guard and also built a roof for my Polaris Ranger and used it as the coating. Very durable and hardens up nicely, has a great rounded texture instead of the rubber pieces mixed in. Prices aren't bad and they offer a lot of colors!

Comment

Sweet!

Comment

Looks really good. Well done.

I understand the rust. My cousin has a couple 2x6's holding up his bench seat in his F350 snow plow. I know his backside and feet get really cold! Being cheap runs strong in my family.

Comment

Looks great!

Comment

Looking good so far!

Was the prep and application of that monstaliner fairly easy? I'm thinking about doing my truck bed this spring since its getting pretty roughed up, from your limited experience with it do you think it will hold up well in a bed?

Comment

Originally posted by knighttime View Post
                    Looking good so far!

Was the prep and application of that monstaliner fairly easy? I'm thinking about doing my truck bed this spring since its getting pretty roughed up, from your limited experience with it do you think it will hold up well in a bed?
                    The kit provides a heavy duty scuff pad. I used 120 grit sand paper with a small sander for big areas and scuff pad on the tight spots. Took me about 2 hours for the inside and about the same for the outside for prep. MAke sure you mask anything you do not want covered. Once it starts to cure its there for good.

Look at the hidges on the doors. I will sand and apply black after season.

Make sure you clean it well with MEK before starting..

LWR2

Comment

nice

Comment

Wow looks great! Good job!

Comment

That is awesome, I want to do this as a project with my kiddos in the near future.

Comment

That turned out very nice.

Comment

looks great, very nice

Comment

Awesome job, looks great.

Comment

Working...
                                X