CHL wait time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CHL wait time

I finished the class, submitted my paperwork and fingerprints on Dec 18th. I still have not received my license yet. When I tried to call to check to make sure that they have everything, and see what the deal is, the recording said that they are busy and to call back. So my question is to see what the current wait time is for others that have gotten their license lately.

Check out texaschlforum.com They have a forum specifically for wait time where people post when they submitted everything and when they received their CHL.

Comment

You can also track the process of your application on the DPS website, just log in and you can see what stage it's at

Apply for, renew, or check the status of a handgun license or instructor certification online with the Texas Department of Public Safety.

Comment

Originally posted by HuntWestTX View Post
        You can also track the process of your application on the DPS website, just log in and you can see what stage it's at

https://txapps.texas.gov/txapp/txdps/chl/
        This has been the status since day 1, I'm just worried that they don't have something and now I cant get in touch with anyone.

LICENSE APPLICATION STATUS: If you have a pending License to Carry a Handgun application, please allow sufficient time for processing. If you have not already done so, please submit all of the items listed on the checklist you received. DPS will notify you by mail if further information or additional documents are required.

Comment

I submitted all mine in January and was worried I may have missed something. After multiple tries to get a hold of someone, I finally submitted an online request to the Texas Regulatory Services for Handgun Licenses (http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/rsd/contact/default.aspx)
          I finally received a generic email a few days later that stated it was in process and if any additional information was required I would receive a letter from the state.

Not very helpful at all...

Comment

I would count on 6-8 weeks.... and hope you get it in 4-6

Comment

I submitted mine Nov 19 and it took 61 days, My wife submitted hers a week after mine and it only took 3 weeks for hers.

Comment

Originally posted by BowDude View Post
                I would count on 6-8 weeks.... and hope you get it in 4-6
                we are in the 10th week so all hope is lost on getting it faster than normal

Comment

I submitted my renewal on th 6th of January and still haven't gotten it... And they have everything they need from me on file....

Comment

Originally posted by Triple 7 View Post
                    This has been the status since day 1, I'm just worried that they don't have something and now I cant get in touch with anyone.

LICENSE APPLICATION STATUS: If you have a pending License to Carry a Handgun application, please allow sufficient time for processing. If you have not already done so, please submit all of the items listed on the checklist you received. DPS will notify you by mail if further information or additional documents are required.
                    That is exactly what mine says.

Comment

^^^^^ Same For Me

Comment

Me three

Comment

Wife and I are in week 6.

Comment

Originally posted by young dunner View Post
                            Me three

Me 4

Comment

Glad to know I am not the only one waiting and completely in the dark on the status of my app or place in the process....

Comment

Working...
                              X