• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battery

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Strummer View Post
      Is there anyways to test it ?
      Not that I know of. I would check for an exhaust leak near the cat. As mentioned above see if the battery may be getting hot and blowing out the vent on the top. It will also stink.

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
        My guess is the catalytic converter.
        Same thought

Comment

Originally posted by HogHunter34 View Post
          When you do smell this odor do you happen to notice if it’s a little irritating to your eyes or nasal or throat causing you to want a cough?

Not at all . The first time I thought I drove by a propane leak . So I didn’t think much of it . Then it happed again . Just the smell . Didn’t last long maybe 30 seconds. Same the 3rd time .

Comment

My wife's Rav4 used to do that. Never figured it out, just assumed it was something exhaust related. She got a new car a couple months ago, problem solved.

If someone floors in on the highway in front of you, you will get that smell too.

Comment

Not at all . The first time I thought I drove by a propane leak . So I didn’t think much of it . Then it happed again . Just the smell . Didn’t last long maybe 30 seconds. Same the 3rd time .
              Evaporator coil has leak

Comment

Common issue with a battery nearing death.

Comment

Sulphur from the battery boiling, had it happen in my 08 Chevy. It would come and go like you said.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
                    Common issue with a battery nearing death.

I looked at the battery and it seems to look ok . No bulges or swelling .

Comment

I looked at the battery and it seems to look ok . No bulges or swelling .
                      Can you test it with a load? If its venting somehow it may not swell. I'm no expert by any means, but just a thought

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Is there anyways to test it ?
                        Digital thermometer reading temps on the pipe before and after the cats, if you can reach them. Should be within about 100°

Comment

Working...
                        X