Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

make a midnight run, on the back roads.

Comment

I thought the China virus registration leeway was still in effect?

Comment

I had a state trooper in Brownwood tell me that every trailer has to have a license plate.I pulled the same trailer through Brownwood 6 months later,and he wrote me a ticket that time,lol

Comment

^^^ he's right you know.

the 4k "exemption" is for getting it inspected, but they all have to be registered.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
            You’ll be fine. My little trailer I pull to the lease every weekend doesn’t have a plate, and my boat trailer hasn’t had a plate in 3 years or so. It did have one, but it fell off at some point and I’ve been too lazy to get another. The main thing is working lights at night. They’ll get you for that.

Same here. I lost my plate on my boat trailer when we fished chinquapin back in March and with Covid I wasn’t able to replace it. My lights works so I don’t think twice about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter_Man View Post
              ^^^ that won’t work lol.
              How do you know?

It worked for me and I was the one who stopped the guy for no plate. Who am I to argue or waste his and my time over a missing plate when all I wanted to do was ask if I could run VINS on the ATVs he was hauling.

Originally posted by Hart8 View Post
              I had a state trooper in Brownwood tell me that every trailer has to have a license plate.I pulled the same trailer through Brownwood 6 months later,and he wrote me a ticket that time,lol
              HAHAHAA...

Comment

Lol,yeah..I lost my plate,blah,blah...10 mins on the side of the road will tell them errrrthing they need to know..It was a little 4x8..I got hit for a farm tagged trailer years ago too..Hauling carpet on it..Yeah,another ticket.

Comment

Originally posted by HAWG DAWG View Post
                  I thought the China virus registration leeway was still in effect?
                  Yep goes through April 14, 2021. Nobody has to have a license plate right now on any vehicles.

Comment

Swapping the plate doesn't work either,if the info doesn't jam up..In passing?? Sure..Get pulled over by a state trooper,and he'll figure that b.s.out in a second..I drag a lot of trailers..I don't **** around on hwy 67 near Brownwood..You can drag a double wide trailer down I-35.All the way to Lake Falcon,and never get stopped.

Comment

Seriously?

Originally posted by Jet Black View Post
                      Yep goes through April 14, 2021. Nobody has to have a license plate right now on any vehicles.
                      Are you saying it's not available? Registration,I mean..Cuz I've registered a vehicle,boat,and a utility trailer..In the last few months.

Comment

Originally posted by Hart8 View Post
                        Are you saying it's not available? Registration,I mean..Cuz I've registered a vehicle,boat,and a utility trailer..In the last few months.
                        Nowhere did I say it was unavailable, just that you don't have to right now.

Comment

I would say one way tag. They just need specific details of where and what roads you should be on to get to where you are going. Super cheap and good insurance.

Comment

Not legal, but if it were me I would just hook it up and roll. Take the chance. If you have a plate on another trailer, just stick it on there and take it off once you get to the ranch. Drive the speed limit and dont give them a reason to pull you over and you will be fine.

Comment

I would check and make sure wheel bearings are packed and ready to go 150 miles. Make sure tires are good to go. And make sure the lights work. Then roll on down the road.

Comment

[quote=Dale Moser;15401145]
                                Originally posted by Leemo View Post

Yeah, if you’re pulling it around on public roads, it is my business. It’s everyone’s business who might want to know when the **** heap trailer in front of them is gonna slow down or turn.

It’s a pretty simple way to get your **** together, and help out those around you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                Yep

Comment

Working...
                                X