No announcement yet.

Hunting the new moon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This was never a “should I go or not go” question. This was a what should I expect. I’ve always heard new moons were good hunting, I tend to see more deer, but rarely any big mature bucks.

Originally posted by catslayer View Post
    I hear this all the time but... I have yet to experience it except maybe at peak of the rut.

Full moon if they aren't there 15 mins before feeder goes off 90% of the time they ain't coming
    Try sitting at the feeder midday, or an hour around when the moon is “underfoot”
    You’d be surprised what moves in the middle of the day on a full moon. Most hunters miss it because they hunt first light and last light

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
      This was never a “should I go or not go” question. This was a what should I expect. I’ve always heard new moons were good hunting, I tend to see more deer, but rarely any big mature bucks.

Try sitting at the feeder midday, or an hour around when the moon is “underfoot”
      You’d be surprised what moves in the middle of the day on a full moon. Most hunters miss it because they hunt first light and last light
      Agreed! Noon on a Full Moon is a great time to hunt.

Comment

I think weather is stronger influence than moon. With a good front on Thursday moving through I will be on doe patrol this weekend.

Comment

Got any reports?

First we had the bold prediction of bucks hitting the ground during the weekend and week prior to the new moon and then this thread. Curious how they are panning out.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
            Got any reports?

First we had the bold prediction of bucks hitting the ground during the weekend and week prior to the new moon and then this thread. Curious how they are panning out.
            Well, I got to go one day...before the New Moon I think. Nothing. But I made some money.

I am however on vacation starting tomorrow, yeah!

Comment

My son and I hunted. Fri was a bust. Saw a decent 8 around 8am when headed in because my son was cold. Really expected the cooler weather would help, bust honestly we didt see anything Friday. Had a group of does sat am and a little 4 point sat evening. But we saw deer moving through the pasture most the day on sat. We fished this morning and had pigs come to the pond around 9

Comment

Man if that's your only shot go HUNT

Comment

Working...
                X