Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Current Events - Politics and Such

Old 12-20-2018, 01:30 PM   #51
150class
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Uvalde, Boerne

Gofundme will probably shut it down once it starts gaining good traction
150class is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-20-2018, 01:54 PM   #52
Landrover
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Wherever & Whenever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
The goal from the WH is still at $5B.
Just heard Rush say that they would not commit to the $1 billion the president asked for. He was peeved!!! Guess it is all up in the air on what it will actually take. Dunno.....quite the mess!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Landrover is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-20-2018, 01:56 PM   #53
kae006
Ten Point

Hunt In: Comfort, SHNF

Quote:
It's my understanding that $1B is max for a go fund me account. Either way, what's your point?

My point was I wonder why they keep changing the goal, as I said in my initial post. It was a curiosity, don’t be so defensive. It would be interesting to know how they are determining the funding goal and if they have some type of commitment from someone if they hit “xx” amount of money.
kae006 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-20-2018, 01:56 PM   #54
Traildust
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Looking!

Just chunked a little change at it.....figured my $25 will help buy a TBS of Portland!
Traildust is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-20-2018, 02:08 PM   #55
Chad_E
Ten Point

Hunt In: Colorado Co.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kae006 View Post
My point was I wonder why they keep changing the goal, as I said in my initial post. It was a curiosity, don’t be so defensive. It would be interesting to know how they are determining the funding goal and if they have some type of commitment from someone if they hit “xx” amount of money.
Have you gone to look at the the Gofundme page? I think some of your answers are there.

$5.75M now. This is fascinating to me.
Chad_E is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-20-2018, 02:09 PM   #56
kae006
Ten Point

Hunt In: Comfort, SHNF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad_E View Post
Have you gone to look at the the Gofundme page? I think some of your answers are there.

Yes. Granted I haven’t looked in the past few hours but I did look last night when it was $2BB and again this morning when it was $1BB and none of the updates discussed the change.
kae006 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-20-2018, 02:12 PM   #57
Artos
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Deep South TX

Well Trump is holding his ground & not gonna sign the senate budget...partial shutdown on the way I reckon.
Artos is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-20-2018, 02:14 PM   #58
Mary
Administrator

I've looked at the GoFundMe a couple times today....it is moving up fast!

FaceBook has taken his GoFundTheWall page down.....not surprising.
Mary is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-20-2018, 02:19 PM   #59
Chad_E
Ten Point

Quote:
Yes. Granted I haven’t looked in the past few hours but I did look last night when it was $2BB and again this morning when it was $1BB and none of the updates discussed the change.
May I ask why you are so hung up on what their goal is? I guess I'm failing to miss your point.

My only understanding of the goal was it was set by the limits of GoFundMe. I'm only speculating, but maybe they set it higher initially and GoFundMe reduced it to their max. I've never setup a GoFundMe account so I don't know how there system works. Overall I guess I couldn't care less what their goal is. I'm just intrigued by the speed at which people are electing to donate.
Old 12-20-2018, 02:22 PM   #60
JFISHER
Pope & Young

Hunt In: BWD

Done
JFISHER is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-20-2018, 02:23 PM   #61
Chad_E
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary View Post

I'm still seeing an active link Mary.

https://www.facebook.com/GoFundTheWall
Old 12-20-2018, 02:25 PM   #62
Mary
Administrator

Quote:
I'm still seeing an active link Mary.

https://www.facebook.com/GoFundTheWall
I get -
This page isn't available
The link you followed may be broken, or the page may have been removed.

His personal page is still up and active, though.
Old 12-20-2018, 02:32 PM   #63
Landrover
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by batmaninja View Post
Do you have a fence/wall around your properties? Or do you use cameras and drones with no brick and mortar what so ever?
Not sure if your question applies to an illegal immigrant discussion but I will play along. Yes, I have a wrouth iron fence around the front and privacy fence around the back. The fence is breached 4 or 5 times per year by my psycho beagle and once by my neighbors new pup. They either know about the drug lord Chapo or vice versa....lol. Bottom line it is a hit and miss deterrent at best. Modern technologies to keep illegal and bad people out of our country are available. I just ask that the best method be chosen. Per the Great Wall of China.....brick and mortor ain't it.

Old 12-20-2018, 02:34 PM   #64
Chad_E
Ten Point

Who knows? I click on the link and it works just fine. I did notice that I am signed into my account. Don't know if that matters...
Old 12-20-2018, 02:36 PM   #65
Mary
Administrator

Quote:
Who knows? I click on the link and it works just fine. I did notice that I am signed into my account. Don't know if that matters...
Hummmm...I'm signed in too. Weird.
Old 12-20-2018, 02:37 PM   #66
Dirtymike
Pope & Young

Hunt In: granger, victoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landrover View Post
Not sure if your question applies to an illegal immigrant discussion but I will play along. Yes, I have a wrouth iron fence around the front and privacy fence around the back. The fence is breached 4 or 5 times per year by my psycho beagle and once by my neighbors new pup. They either know about the drug lord Chapo or vice versa....lol. Bottom line it is a hit and miss deterrent at best. Modern technologies to keep illegal and bad people out of our country are available. I just ask that the best method be chosen. Per the Great Wall of China.....brick and mortor ain't it.

it is part of it. This is not a one size fits all solution. Drones and other tech are also being used currently.
Dirtymike is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-20-2018, 02:42 PM   #67
Artos
Pope & Young

Betcha Israel has some pretty hard core feelings about the effectiveness of barriers.

Again, just imagine the mess that would have happened in California if that fence was not there to deter the caravan...maybe they should just take it down being it's a 'false sense of security & walls don't work.' Every POE has barriers for a reason.

What other modern technologies would work under these certain circumstances...nobody is saying we need a barrier from san diego to brownsville. Just strategically placed where they are the most effective device in our basket of border defense strategies. It's not that complicated for us to use all the options available & barriers are a primary need in many locations.
Old 12-20-2018, 02:46 PM   #68
Landrover
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtymike View Post
it is part of it. This is not a one size fits all solution. Drones and other tech are also being used currently.
Absolutely agree!!!!!!! The pinch points must have fencing......Tijuana, McAllen, etc. But not 3k plus miles of brick, steel and mortar wall. With 20,000 BP agents (half speak spanish) let technology do the patrolling and BP and military do the apprehension and redirection.

Old 12-20-2018, 03:01 PM   #69
Dirtymike
Pope & Young

Agreed landrover. Like Artos points out i dont think the wall is the entire length of our border.

But i could be wrong, i been wrong many times.
Old 12-20-2018, 03:09 PM   #70
muzzlebrake
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Sterling County

Walls, drones, blimps, cameras, sensors etc etc etc will never work completely until some of these criminals are made an example of in the harshest of methods and the word gets out all over the world saying It Ain't Safe over there.
You don't see a lot of people trying to sneak across the border into North Korea or China or many other countries that enforce absolute border security in the form of bullets. It may one day come to that if we continue the way we are.
muzzlebrake is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-20-2018, 03:10 PM   #71
flywise
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artos View Post
Betcha Israel has some pretty hard core feelings about the effectiveness of barriers.

Again, just imagine the mess that would have happened in California if that fence was not there to deter the caravan...maybe they should just take it down being it's a 'false sense of security & walls don't work.' Every POE has barriers for a reason.

What other modern technologies would work under these certain circumstances...nobody is saying we need a barrier from san diego to brownsville. Just strategically placed where they are the most effective device in our basket of border defense strategies. It's not that complicated for us to use all the options available & barriers are a primary need in many locations.
Absolutely......walls are good
flywise is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-20-2018, 03:13 PM   #72
flywise
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary View Post

6.5m just now
Old 12-20-2018, 03:23 PM   #73
Razrbk89
Ten Point

Hunt In: Northern & Eastern Arkansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzzlebrake View Post
Walls, drones, blimps, cameras, sensors etc etc etc will never work completely until some of these criminals are made an example of in the harshest of methods and the word gets out all over the world saying It Ain't Safe over there.
I agree. The criminals that knowingly employee illegal immigrants should be arrested and imprisoned.

They come here because they know greedy scumbags will hire them. If no one would hire them and exploit the system, it would dang near cut the problem out.

It’d be pretty funny to know how many people that wasted their money on this campaign would gladly hire an illegal immigrant to do work for them, or would blow a gasket if they had to pay higher prices for legal labor.
Razrbk89 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-20-2018, 03:28 PM   #74
duckmanep
Ten Point

this really is fascinating.

Name:  gfmw.JPG
Views: 220
Size:  29.3 KB
duckmanep is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-20-2018, 03:34 PM   #75
4wheels
Eight Point

I put 50.00 towards this. If I see this guy give money to Trump and Trump is able to use that money towards building the wall, then I will donate more. Even if he makes a couple of million towards the wall, I think that would build more trust in people that this could happen.

I think the swamp is fighting Trump and that is sad. Our opposition is not only democrats, but RINO's, never trumpers and others that just want to see this guy fail at the expense of our country. I am so disappointed in the Republicans. They should do a lot better than this.
4wheels is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-20-2018, 03:47 PM   #76
batmaninja
Ten Point

Hunt In: Hill Country

Quote:
Very concerning when this issue of brick & mortar is even a consideration in the 21st Century?
Yet you have a physical wall around your property. Why should the country or anyone else be shamed for trying to do the same.

Quote:
Yes, I have a wrouth iron fence around the front and privacy fence around the back.
I mean you could also get rid of all on the "incentives" for people trying to enter your property illegally, you could put up cameras to take pictures, yet you decide to protect you and yours with walls, doors and locks. Seems pretty easy.
batmaninja is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-20-2018, 04:08 PM   #77
Traildust
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Looking!

Illegals cost taxpayers over a $100 billion a year. That's a very conservative estimate also.
Traildust is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-20-2018, 04:13 PM   #78
4wheels
Eight Point

6.8 million... 3:15 12/20/2018....
4wheels is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-20-2018, 04:18 PM   #79
Landrover
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtymike View Post
Agreed landrover. Like Artos points out i dont think the wall is the entire length of our border.

But i could be wrong, i been wrong many times.
I saw his post but loss track as im out and about. $5B or whatever it started as was supposedly for full wall.....but that was 2 years ago. If not from Texas to California why still $5 billion? Just the loud left liberals are for complete or even partial open borders. I'm for dang near closed borders but using everything that makes sense in the 21st Century. Walls, gates, moats are fine but 3k miles of wall ain't happening.....lol.

Old 12-20-2018, 04:23 PM   #80
Landrover
Pope & Young

Quote:
Yet you have a physical wall around your property. Why should the country or anyone else be shamed for trying to do the same.

I mean you could also get rid of all on the "incentives" for people trying to enter your property illegally, you could put up cameras to take pictures, yet you decide to protect you and yours with walls, doors and locks. Seems pretty easy.
Again....does not apply to this discussion. U are reaching to make a point but that's fine....lol. I clearly noted it is to keep a neurotic dog inside. I may change his name to El Chapo!!!

Old 12-20-2018, 04:28 PM   #81
newmathewsfan
Four Point

Hunt In: Callahan County/Val Verde County

$7,053,376 Raised by 115,534 people in 3 days
newmathewsfan is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-20-2018, 04:29 PM   #82
Landrover
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckmanep View Post
this really is fascinating.

Attachment 938653
Yes it is!!!

Old 12-20-2018, 04:30 PM   #83
Landrover
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razrbk89 View Post
I agree. The criminals that knowingly employee illegal immigrants should be arrested and imprisoned.

They come here because they know greedy scumbags will hire them. If no one would hire them and exploit the system, it would dang near cut the problem out.

It’d be pretty funny to know how many people that wasted their money on this campaign would gladly hire an illegal immigrant to do work for them, or would blow a gasket if they had to pay higher prices for legal labor.
Great post!!!

Old 12-20-2018, 04:38 PM   #84
Artos
Pope & Young

Quote:
I saw his post but loss track as im out and about. $5B or whatever it started as was supposedly for full wall.....but that was 2 years ago. If not from Texas to California why still $5 billion? Just the loud left liberals are for complete or even partial open borders. I'm for dang near closed borders but using everything that makes sense in the 21st Century. Walls, gates, moats are fine but 3k miles of wall ain't happening.....lol.

There is no way I can see $5b would cover the entire length...it's not just construction, but land reimbursement to owners & all other sorts of costs I'm not considering.

I think we have $1.5B allocated & that barely covers a fraction of the areas they want to touch from what I'm hearing??

This gives a little insight & how far the allocation reaches:

https://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na...htmlstory.html
Old 12-20-2018, 04:45 PM   #85
batmaninja
Ten Point

Quote:
Again....does not apply to this discussion. U are reaching to make a point but that's fine....lol. I clearly noted it is to keep a neurotic dog inside. I may change his name to El Chapo!!!
Somewhat reaching, I will concede that. But it is still a pretty good analogy in my opinion, a property border is pretty much the same everywhere.

I respect you and your opinion. But candidly I dont believe for a second you would not have any fencing, doors, or locks on your property if you didnt have a dog. And would instead defer to drones and robots to secure your property.
Old 12-20-2018, 04:53 PM   #86
flywise
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traildust View Post
Illegals cost taxpayers over a $100 billion a year. That's a very conservative estimate also.
You must not have heard about the tremendous benefit they bring to the country and how it far out weights the cost to the American tax payer

Just think, hundreds of billions spent on the poor around the world and somehow we still suk
Old 12-20-2018, 05:18 PM   #87
Ironman
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Anywhere

Quote:
That's strange. I was made aware of the fund at 6:00pm last night. It was $1B then. The guy who made me aware of it, told me it was $1B, and he looked at it yesterday morning. I'm pretty sure it was never $2B, or any other amount other than $1B, as that is the max for a go fund me account. As stated in the OP, the veteran set it up to the max from the beginning, and was trying to get the max raised.

I'm not being defensive. I'm just curious why you are curious about the goal amount. Are you looking to donate and push it past the max that's posted?
Ironman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-20-2018, 05:20 PM   #88
Barrett
Ten Point

Hunt In: Tarpley

Quote:
Talk to BP down here in the valley...a correctly built barrier will most certainly be effective & just imagine what a fiasco it would have been in Cali if they didn't even have that chicken crap fencing!! Those who say otherwise are delusional & the comments of the like like barrett baffle me to no end. Schumer is on record in the past supporting & praising how a wall would be effective. Now?? It's all politics because the dems know if they agree it will be a win & talking points for Trump's re-election in 2020. They throw the country under the bus for the sake of power. So what do they do?? Send central america $10b in aid that only a tiny percentage will go to the poor. The govt will pocket most all that $$$. The Rio Grande Valley is said to have secured enough funds for only 60 miles of $$$$ for a barrier wall which isn't enough, but just watch how effective it will prove itself once erected!! Calling it a false sense of security is insulting to those of us who know & interact with the people who are paid to protect the border!! Denying the BP this keeps them in much more eminent harm.

It costs many thousands of dollars (well into 5 figures) for every OTM immigrant that crosses illegally. The wall will pay for itself simply by stopping them from crossing in no time. I don't care where the funds come from...it's probably the best spent $$$$ the taxpayers could spend!! Disappointed Trump is crawfishing on not shutting govt down on principal alone. He should hold the line on this one.

~~~~~~~~

I wonder if this vet has plans set up on how the $$$$ will be given to the govt...lots of red tape to build & don't think private citizens could do any real wall building directly??
Doesn't take much research to find accounts of BP saying the opposite about the wall sir.
Barrett is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-20-2018, 05:21 PM   #89
Ironman
Pope & Young

Quote:
Just heard Rush say that they would not commit to the $1 billion the president asked for. He was peeved!!! Guess it is all up in the air on what it will actually take. Dunno.....quite the mess!

Yes he's peeved. He was promised funding for the wall by end of year, IF he would sign the last budget bill, in which he did. Talk about liars.
Old 12-20-2018, 05:23 PM   #90
Dirtymike
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrett View Post
Doesn't take much research to find accounts of BP saying the opposite about the wall sir.
for example???
Old 12-20-2018, 05:32 PM   #91
Ironman
Pope & Young

Quote:
Lol! Yeah! Some of those BP people believe a jail doesn't need a way of containing inmates too, right? I call BS10.
Old 12-20-2018, 05:59 PM   #92
JFISHER
Pope & Young

Hunt In: BWD

Viewing 10 of 128176 Donations

Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 171
Size:  27.2 KB
JFISHER is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-20-2018, 06:00 PM   #93
Artos
Pope & Young

Quote:
I know...those apposed cover the Canada border.

Come down into the trenches & ask them yourselves...I see and talk to them about it almost daily as I go through the various 60 mile check points along with my friends who actually patrol the border. You aren't going to find many from Laredo to the mouth of the rio who are going to agree with your nonsense that an effective barrier is a false sense of security as they are & have been effective where currently in place.

Again, if you still don't think the fence helped or worked avoiding the recent caravan fiasco in Cali & think taking it down wouldn't change results of future caravans, there is no real reason to engage with you on the topic without acknowledging common sense of the facts reasonable folks can see with their own eyes & the actual results a toddler would concede.

I can go on & on...

Border Patrol chief urges senators to support border wall

https://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2018...6061544661131/

Border Patrol Sector Chief: Wall Helped Turn ‘No-Man’s Land’ into ‘Shopping Mall’

https://www.breitbart.com/border/201...shopping-mall/

BORDER PATROL CHIEF SAYS TRUMP'S WALL WOULD HAVE BEEN HELPFUL FOR DEALING WITH MIGRANT CARAVAN

https://www.newsweek.com/brian-hasti...aravan-1231775

Last edited by Artos; 12-20-2018 at 06:10 PM.
Old 12-20-2018, 06:11 PM   #94
Cameron
Pope & Young

lol
Cameron is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-20-2018, 07:43 PM   #95
Landrover
Pope & Young

Quote:
Yes he's peeved. He was promised funding for the wall by end of year, IF he would sign the last budget bill, in which he did. Talk about liars.
Yep, he did tell them in March he would not sign another budget without wall funding. FOX just said this is his GH Bush moment........"no new taxes!" I would hold tight also as words have meaning.
Quote:
I know...those apposed cover the Canada border.

Come down into the trenches & ask them yourselves...I see and talk to them about it almost daily as I go through the various 60 mile check points along with my friends who actually patrol the border. You aren't going to find many from Laredo to the mouth of the rio who are going to agree with your nonsense that an effective barrier is a false sense of security as they are & have been effective where currently in place.

Again, if you still don't think the fence helped or worked avoiding the recent caravan fiasco in Cali & think taking it down wouldn't change results of future caravans, there is no real reason to engage with you on the topic without acknowledging common sense of the facts reasonable folks can see with their own eyes & the actual results a toddler would concede.

I can go on & on...

Border Patrol chief urges senators to support border wall

https://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2018...6061544661131/

Border Patrol Sector Chief: Wall Helped Turn ‘No-Man’s Land’ into ‘Shopping Mall’

https://www.breitbart.com/border/201...shopping-mall/

BORDER PATROL CHIEF SAYS TRUMP'S WALL WOULD HAVE BEEN HELPFUL FOR DEALING WITH MIGRANT CARAVAN

https://www.newsweek.com/brian-hasti...aravan-1231775
Yes, the areas that are the KEY entry/traffic points i totally and absolutely agree that a physical BARRIER must be in place.....along with staff and all the technology that this super power of ours can deploy. If nothing more to direct the hoards of illegals into a common area in those high traffic areas. If someone on here or anywhere else says take down barriers that are already in place they are mixing crack with their meth!!!
Quote:
There is no way I can see $5b would cover the entire length...it's not just construction, but land reimbursement to owners & all other sorts of costs I'm not considering.

I think we have $1.5B allocated & that barely covers a fraction of the areas they want to touch from what I'm hearing??

This gives a little insight & how far the allocation reaches:

https://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na...htmlstory.html
Exactly, thus somewhere along the lines the amount money and miles have gotten convoluted. Does someone have the EXACT number this BARRIER would cost?
Quote:
Somewhat reaching, I will concede that. But it is still a pretty good analogy in my opinion, a property border is pretty much the same everywhere.

I respect you and your opinion. But candidly I dont believe for a second you would not have any fencing, doors, or locks on your property if you didnt have a dog. And would instead defer to drones and robots to secure your property.
Who eluded to that? But yes, If i did not have this lunatic beagle there is know way in heck i would have spent $25,000 to fence two acres..........for a FREE dog......lol! I agree, No locks on doors went out of my life in the 70's when my grandparents were still on the Graunyard Plantation.
Old 12-20-2018, 07:50 PM   #96
cattlelackranch
Ten Point

Hunt In: South Texas and Panhandle

8.7 million now.
cattlelackranch is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-20-2018, 07:54 PM   #97
batmaninja
Ten Point

Ha, looks like some folks are noticing the wall might be going up as fast as the go fund me balance. Either way this lady needs a wall built around her.

https://www.gofundme.com/ladders-to-...trump039s-wall

We saw some folks are raising money for a border wall to keep out our migrant siblings and fellow human beings, who are fleeing violence and persecution and whose tragically-underpaid labor is essential to the U.S. economy. Seems like a bad idea on countless levels for everyone involved. Maybe we should focus on human rights and creating a community that reflects our supposed values.
Old 12-20-2018, 08:04 PM   #98
Landrover
Pope & Young

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmathewsfan View Post
$7,053,376 Raised by 115,534 people in 3 days
That is strong. I think $76 or so per each popular vote the president received would cover the needed cost. It was interesting to say the least!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLivi1224 View Post
Im interested to hear the specifics behind drone patrol....?? Drones aren’t going to arrest and detain. You still need the manpower down there to deal with the problem. Which at he rate illegals are coming in, that’s a mighty tall, if not impossible task.
What we need to do is address the WHY. WHY are illegals coming here when clearly the VAST majority is not a legitimate asylum claim?
We all know hat answer - the welfare state. Entitlements. Freebies. Whatever you want to call them. This trulyvwill not be solved until we put Americans ahead of illegal immigrants. Which we all know a leftist government will never do! It’s a **** shame we’ve taken so much of this BS already. Corruption , lies, dual justice system, zero accountability to constituents, sexual harassment slush fund to the time of 18 M paid out of OUR money, Billions of taxpayer dollars sent to terrorists in the middle of the Night, communist ways being adopted. What more does it take people. Unfortunately I fear we are getting really close to our country being beyond resurrection.
Again, another poster that see's the issue without all the window dressing. If they were not coddled and sheltered it would not be happening. Turn off the faucet! The faucet of entitlements are safety nets that are better than most have ever experienced in their lifetimes.........so YES, they shall keep coming!!!.
Per the drones & apprehension question. Here is some clarity: Currently, there are currently around 20,000 border patrol agents. HALF speak Spanish and even more speak at least Spanglish. Plus we have our military which are federal employees. Drones spot the illegals and the federal employees round them up or force them back. Where there are great barriers now, leave them in place. Where there is EXTREMELY high traffic add the amount of barriers that are needed to herd folks to a collection point. When that is not possible increase the number of HUMAN's on the ground. I simply am suggesting putting our technology to use, for some reason that is being overlooked. Heck, a drone will spot a knat on a deers butt from 5 miles above the earth at night. We dont have one single BP officer that can do that while driving along the border. Maximize the 21st Century technology, make live safer and easier for our federal employees and stem the amount of illegals coming into the nation. 'Win Win'
Old 12-20-2018, 08:05 PM   #99
cattlelackranch
Ten Point

Hunt In: South Texas and Panhandle
Default Gofundme for the wall

House just approved 5.7b for wall
cattlelackranch is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-20-2018, 08:06 PM   #100
Ironman
Pope & Young

Quote:
Ha, looks like some folks are noticing the wall might be going up as fast as the go fund me balance. Either way this lady needs a wall built around her.

https://www.gofundme.com/ladders-to-...trump039s-wall

We saw some folks are raising money for a border wall to keep out our migrant siblings and fellow human beings, who are fleeing violence and persecution and whose tragically-underpaid labor is essential to the U.S. economy. Seems like a bad idea on countless levels for everyone involved. Maybe we should focus on human rights and creating a community that reflects our supposed values.
Other than the "tragically-underpaid" part, I agree with her about the labor being essential to the U.S. economy.