Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Current Events - Politics and Such

Old 12-19-2018, 12:30 PM   #1
iamntxhunter
Pope & Young

Hunt In: North Texas
Default Gofundme for the wall

A veteran by the name of Brian Kolfage who is a triple amputee started this campaign.
It was started on 12-16-18 and as of a few minutes ago it has raised close to 650,000.00 so far.
He said Gofundme removed it from their top list on the home page even though it has been and is the top trending Gofundme because he thinks they are against the wall.
He said the campaign is set to the maximum allowable amount that Gofundme has at the moment and they are working to get the limit raised.
The link on my computer is Gofundme.com/thetrumpwall?

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
iamntxhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-19-2018, 12:43 PM   #2
RJH1
Ten Point

Why, I thought Mexico was paying for it
RJH1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-19-2018, 12:47 PM   #3
iamntxhunter
Pope & Young

Hunt In: North Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJH1 View Post
Aren't you a peach.

iamntxhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-19-2018, 12:47 PM   #4
Traildust
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Looking!

Quote:
They should....we just pledged $10.6 billion to those leeches
Traildust is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-19-2018, 12:55 PM   #5
RJH1
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamntxhunter View Post
Aren't you a peach.

Just quoting what i was told for a year or so....
Old 12-19-2018, 01:48 PM   #6
SOLID EAGLE
Ten Point

Hunt In: Medina County

Quote:
Just quoting what i was told for a year or so....
I seem to remember that as well.
SOLID EAGLE is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-19-2018, 03:21 PM   #7
duckmanep
Ten Point

interested to watch how high it goes. If it gets above $10 million or so I could see it really getting some media coverage and taking off. unbelievable that there are many $500+ donations on the list. That is a lot of money to throw at something like this.
duckmanep is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-19-2018, 03:27 PM   #8
RJH1
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckmanep View Post
interested to watch how high it goes. If it gets above $10 million or so I could see it really getting some media coverage and taking off. unbelievable that there are many $500+ donations on the list. That is a lot of money to throw at something like this.

I bet mexico is fixing to donate several billion
Old 12-19-2018, 03:40 PM   #9
batmaninja
Ten Point

Hunt In: Hill Country

They should build the wall with Trumps tax returns, most of the left cant get over them

How do you think Mexico is handling all of those Hondurans now?
batmaninja is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-19-2018, 03:54 PM   #10
RJH1
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by batmaninja View Post
They should build the wall with Trumps tax returns, most of the left cant get over them

How do you think Mexico is handling all of those Hondurans now?
Maybe they could build a wall and get Honduras to pay for it . It would be shorter and with the cheap labor down there they might could build it for a few hundred bucks
Old 12-19-2018, 08:08 PM   #11
100%TtId
Ten Point

Note that the gofundme page doesn't have to pledge the full amount of the estimated wall construction cost to be successful.

It only has to generate enough to bribe the congress into voting on a bill to fund the wall.

And judging by how little it takes to actually bribe a politician these days, that's quite a substantially smaller number.
100%TtId is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-19-2018, 08:17 PM   #12
Landrover
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Wherever & Whenever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traildust View Post
They should....we just pledged $10.6 billion to those leeches
Landrover is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-19-2018, 11:28 PM   #13
newmathewsfan
Four Point

Hunt In: Callahan County/Val Verde County

There sure seems to be a lot of negativity regarding this effort. Does no one feel or believe that Trump has made good on lots of his promises? I couldn’t imagine being where that guy is right now. He’s fighting everyone and it seems like his own people will throw him under the bus. I admire the veteran for undertaking such a task and I’ll support his effort in every way I can. Sure, Trump has spouted off and claimed he will have the Mexican gov’t build the wall, but we all know that ain’t gonna happen. Congress isn’t going to support it because there are millions of prospective Democrats just chomping at the bits to cross the border and hop on the gravy train. If it’s gonna be done, there’s gonnna have to be a strong show of support from “We The People”. As of just a little bit ago, the page had already raised $1,807,729 and it’s only been up for a couple of days. If everyone would stop complaining about the problem, and start being part of the solution, our kids and grandkids will be able to enjoy a life like we have. God bless us all and Merry Christmas
newmathewsfan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-20-2018, 12:39 AM   #14
BeerMe
Ten Point

Hunt In: Schleicher County

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmathewsfan View Post
There sure seems to be a lot of negativity regarding this effort. Does no one feel or believe that Trump has made good on lots of his promises? I couldnít imagine being where that guy is right now. Heís fighting everyone and it seems like his own people will throw him under the bus. I admire the veteran for undertaking such a task and Iíll support his effort in every way I can. Sure, Trump has spouted off and claimed he will have the Mexican govít build the wall, but we all know that ainít gonna happen. Congress isnít going to support it because there are millions of prospective Democrats just chomping at the bits to cross the border and hop on the gravy train. If itís gonna be done, thereís gonnna have to be a strong show of support from ďWe The PeopleĒ. As of just a little bit ago, the page had already raised $1,807,729 and itís only been up for a couple of days. If everyone would stop complaining about the problem, and start being part of the solution, our kids and grandkids will be able to enjoy a life like we have. God bless us all and Merry Christmas
Well said.
BeerMe is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-20-2018, 05:07 AM   #15
Native Texan
Eight Point

Hunt In: Polk County

It's up to $2.4 million now.

https://www.gofundme.com/TheTrumpWall
Native Texan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-20-2018, 07:24 AM   #16
TD2000
Ten Point

Hunt In: Stephens County

Quote:
There sure seems to be a lot of negativity regarding this effort. Does no one feel or believe that Trump has made good on lots of his promises? I couldnít imagine being where that guy is right now. Heís fighting everyone and it seems like his own people will throw him under the bus. I admire the veteran for undertaking such a task and Iíll support his effort in every way I can. Sure, Trump has spouted off and claimed he will have the Mexican govít build the wall, but we all know that ainít gonna happen. Congress isnít going to support it because there are millions of prospective Democrats just chomping at the bits to cross the border and hop on the gravy train. If itís gonna be done, thereís gonnna have to be a strong show of support from ďWe The PeopleĒ. As of just a little bit ago, the page had already raised $1,807,729 and itís only been up for a couple of days. If everyone would stop complaining about the problem, and start being part of the solution, our kids and grandkids will be able to enjoy a life like we have. God bless us all and Merry Christmas
Made my donation and forwarded info to numerous friends. This should send a message to Congress and Senate. $2.8M and growing.
TD2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-20-2018, 07:29 AM   #17
Mertzon Man
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Irion, Webb, counties

Quote:
Amen!!!
Mertzon Man is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-20-2018, 07:56 AM   #18
150class
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Uvalde, Boerne

Over 3 million now
150class is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-20-2018, 08:43 AM   #19
RJH1
Ten Point

Quote:

So no Trump supporters are supposed to hold Trump's feet to the fire? The big question is why should there even need to be a gofundme account when Mexico was supposed to pay for it? The wall and Mexico paying for it was a lie, just like Obama's "you can keep your doctor" BS, but for some reason it is OK to be a liar, if you are my liar SMH......
Old 12-20-2018, 09:03 AM   #20
newmathewsfan
Four Point

Quote:
So no Trump supporters are supposed to hold Trump's feet to the fire? The big question is why should there even need to be a gofundme account when Mexico was supposed to pay for it? The wall and Mexico paying for it was a lie, just like Obama's "you can keep your doctor" BS, but for some reason it is OK to be a liar, if you are my liar SMH......
Not implying that we shouldnít hold the mans feet to the fire, Iím pretty sure heís got more than that burning up already. As far as being a liar, I wouldnít even mention his name in the same breath as obummer. We all know that Trump runs his mouth and tweets wayyyy too much, but the man is holding true to more of his promises than any of the past few in office. Just imagine what he could get done if he had some REAL support and not just lip service from those who claim to be behind him. We are going to have to pull together and be part of the solution, he canít fix all of our brokenness by himself.
Old 12-20-2018, 09:04 AM   #21
muzzlebrake
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Sterling County

Maybe Trump made a secret deal with Mexico. I will let congress and the democrats and Rinos give you the 10.8 billion in aid so you can build the wall and you keep the rest. Sounds like a smart plan.
muzzlebrake is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-20-2018, 09:05 AM   #22
Barrett
Ten Point

Hunt In: Tarpley

Id rather put money into something worthwhile, not into a false sense of security.
Barrett is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-20-2018, 09:08 AM   #23
RJH1
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzzlebrake View Post
Maybe Trump made a secret deal with Mexico. I will let congress and the democrats and Rinos give you the 10.8 billion in aid so you can build the wall and you keep the rest. Sounds like a smart plan.
I really hope you are joking
Old 12-20-2018, 09:14 AM   #24
RJH1
Ten Point

Quote:
Not implying that we shouldnít hold the mans feet to the fire, Iím pretty sure heís got more than that burning up already. As far as being a liar, I wouldnít even mention his name in the same breath as obummer. We all know that Trump runs his mouth and tweets wayyyy too much, but the man is holding true to more of his promises than any of the past few in office. Just imagine what he could get done if he had some REAL support and not just lip service from those who claim to be behind him. We are going to have to pull together and be part of the solution, he canít fix all of our brokenness by himself.
The wall, reducing the budget/deficit, Kavanaugh was not on the judges list that helped get Trump elected, and now bump stocks, which doesn't seem pro gun. These were all Trump campaign promises broken, i think he is right there with obama in the liar category, just happens to lie more for my side, and i am not sure if that is a good thing. I know, I know, I am the bad guy for pointing out where Trump lied, not Trump for being the liar
Old 12-20-2018, 09:43 AM   #25
Capt.Brown
Ten Point

Hunt In: Texas

I don’t think trump lied at all, it’s the rhinos and the liberals that will not vote for the wall, you have to get 60 votes in the senate and the obstructionist will never vote for it. I think trump was a little ignorant during the campaign of how the swamp really works. He’s not a politician he’s a normal American that still believes in democracy and sees his country being taken down by career politicians.
Capt.Brown is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-20-2018, 09:54 AM   #26
batmaninja
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt.Brown View Post
I don’t think trump lied at all, it’s the rhinos and the liberals that will not vote for the wall, you have to get 60 votes in the senate and the obstructionist will never vote for it. I think trump was a little ignorant during the campaign of how the swamp really works. He’s not a politician he’s a normal American that still believes in democracy and sees his country being taken down by career politicians.
x2

Trump is fighting it from all angles. Known, proven criminals go free, do book deals, set up go fund me's, mock the process, while Trump and his crew have manufactured allegations thrown at them.

I think that they are attacking the stock market now via interest rates as well. Its taking, cutting your nose off to spite your face to an entirely new level. They want to see the country burn, just to stick it to Trump.
Old 12-20-2018, 10:02 AM   #27
Ironman
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Anywhere

Quote:
The wall, reducing the budget/deficit, Kavanaugh was not on the judges list that helped get Trump elected, and now bump stocks, which doesn't seem pro gun. These were all Trump campaign promises broken, i think he is right there with obama in the liar category, just happens to lie more for my side, and i am not sure if that is a good thing. I know, I know, I am the bad guy for pointing out where Trump lied, not Trump for being the liar
So when are you running for POTUS?
Ironman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-20-2018, 10:06 AM   #28
RJH1
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
So when are you running for POTUS?
People wouldn't vote for me, cause i would stick to the Constitution and only tell them the truth, and you can't get elected that way
Old 12-20-2018, 10:09 AM   #29
RJH1
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt.Brown View Post
I donít think trump lied at all, itís the rhinos and the liberals that will not vote for the wall, you have to get 60 votes in the senate and the obstructionist will never vote for it. I think trump was a little ignorant during the campaign of how the swamp really works. Heís not a politician heís a normal American that still believes in democracy and sees his country being taken down by career politicians.
So you are saying there IS a wall going up currently that Mexico IS paying for, Kavanaugh's name IS on the original judges list, and issuing an executive order banning bumpstocks IS pro Second Amendment. Hmmm, seems like it depends on what the definition of IS, is. I think Bill Clinton may be looking for a staff member, you should apply
Old 12-20-2018, 10:12 AM   #30
kae006
Ten Point

Hunt In: Comfort, SHNF

Any idea why they keep lowering the goal?
kae006 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-20-2018, 10:14 AM   #31
Landrover
Pope & Young

I'm actually fine with this effort, but let me know when it hits $1 billion or so. I am more than sure that the mans heart is in the right place with this effort.
Most (probably all on here) know that our border can be efficiently, inexpensively (compared to a wall) and effectively controlled by 24/7 drones. Literally every square inch of it. Very concerning when this issue of brick & mortar is even a consideration in the 21st Century?
Old 12-20-2018, 10:18 AM   #32
Ironman
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by kae006 View Post
Any idea why they keep lowering the goal?
It's still at $1B from what I see. That has been the goal from the start, and the max for a go find me account I believe.
Old 12-20-2018, 10:25 AM   #33
Landrover
Pope & Young

Quote:
It's still at $1B from what I see. That has been the goal from the start, and the max for a go find me account I believe.
I thought he meant the goal from the Whitehouse that was $5 billion or so for the Great Wall of Mexico. I could be wrong.
Old 12-20-2018, 10:27 AM   #34
Ironman
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landrover View Post
I thought he meant the goal from the Whitehouse that was $5 billion or so for the Great Wall of Mexico. I could be wrong.
The goal from the WH is still at $5B.
Old 12-20-2018, 10:33 AM   #35
batmaninja
Ten Point

Quote:
Most (probably all on here) know that our border can be efficiently, inexpensively (compared to a wall) and effectively controlled by 24/7 drones. Literally every square inch of it. Very concerning when this issue of brick & mortar is even a consideration in the 21st Century?
Do you have a fence/wall around your properties? Or do you use cameras and drones with no brick and mortar what so ever?
Old 12-20-2018, 11:02 AM   #36
Russ79
Ten Point

Hunt In: Nacogdoches county, San Augustine county, Beaufort county NC

This is what fascinates me...with all the aid money that we have funneled into those craphole countries we could given every citizen of those countries over a million dollars each for them to stay in their own countries. Instead we think that giving the money to the corrupt governments will make their lives better.
Russ79 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-20-2018, 11:29 AM   #37
Artos
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Deep South TX

Talk to BP down here in the valley...a correctly built barrier will most certainly be effective & just imagine what a fiasco it would have been in Cali if they didn't even have that chicken crap fencing!! Those who say otherwise are delusional & the comments of the like like barrett baffle me to no end. Schumer is on record in the past supporting & praising how a wall would be effective. Now?? It's all politics because the dems know if they agree it will be a win & talking points for Trump's re-election in 2020. They throw the country under the bus for the sake of power. So what do they do?? Send central america $10b in aid that only a tiny percentage will go to the poor. The govt will pocket most all that $$$. The Rio Grande Valley is said to have secured enough funds for only 60 miles of $$$$ for a barrier wall which isn't enough, but just watch how effective it will prove itself once erected!! Calling it a false sense of security is insulting to those of us who know & interact with the people who are paid to protect the border!! Denying the BP this keeps them in much more eminent harm.

It costs many thousands of dollars (well into 5 figures) for every OTM immigrant that crosses illegally. The wall will pay for itself simply by stopping them from crossing in no time. I don't care where the funds come from...it's probably the best spent $$$$ the taxpayers could spend!! Disappointed Trump is crawfishing on not shutting govt down on principal alone. He should hold the line on this one.

~~~~~~~~

I wonder if this vet has plans set up on how the $$$$ will be given to the govt...lots of red tape to build & don't think private citizens could do any real wall building directly??
Artos is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-20-2018, 11:39 AM   #38
JLivi1224
Ten Point

Hunt In: Public

Quote:
I'm actually fine with this effort, but let me know when it hits $1 billion or so. I am more than sure that the mans heart is in the right place with this effort.
Im interested to hear the specifics behind drone patrol....?? Drones aren’t going to arrest and detain. You still need the manpower down there to deal with the problem. Which at he rate illegals are coming in, that’s a mighty tall, if not impossible task.
What we need to do is address the WHY. WHY are illegals coming here when clearly the VAST majority is not a legitimate asylum claim?
We all know hat answer - the welfare state. Entitlements. Freebies. Whatever you want to call them. This trulyvwill not be solved until we put Americans ahead of illegal immigrants. Which we all know a leftist government will never do! It’s a **** shame we’ve taken so much of this BS already. Corruption , lies, dual justice system, zero accountability to constituents, sexual harassment slush fund to the time of 18 M paid out of OUR money, Billions of taxpayer dollars sent to terrorists in the middle of the Night, communist ways being adopted. What more does it take people. Unfortunately I fear we are getting really close to our country being beyond resurrection.

Last edited by JLivi1224; 12-20-2018 at 11:52 AM.
JLivi1224 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-20-2018, 12:17 PM   #39
kae006
Ten Point

Hunt In: Comfort, SHNF

Quote:
Quote:
No, the GoFundMe goal was at $2BB last night and I believe it started even higher than that.
kae006 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-20-2018, 12:24 PM   #40
Ironman
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artos View Post
Talk to BP down here in the valley...a correctly built barrier will most certainly be effective & just imagine what a fiasco it would have been in Cali if they didn't even have that chicken crap fencing!! Those who say otherwise are delusional & the comments of the like like barrett baffle me to no end. Schumer is on record in the past supporting & praising how a wall would be effective. Now?? It's all politics because the dems know if they agree it will be a win & talking points for Trump's re-election in 2020. They throw the country under the bus for the sake of power. So what do they do?? Send central america $10b in aid that only a tiny percentage will go to the poor. The govt will pocket most all that $$$. The Rio Grande Valley is said to have secured enough funds for only 60 miles of $$$$ for a barrier wall which isn't enough, but just watch how effective it will prove itself once erected!! Calling it a false sense of security is insulting to those of us who know & interact with the people who are paid to protect the border!! Denying the BP this keeps them in much more eminent harm.

It costs many thousands of dollars (well into 5 figures) for every OTM immigrant that crosses illegally. The wall will pay for itself simply by stopping them from crossing in no time. I don't care where the funds come from...it's probably the best spent $$$$ the taxpayers could spend!! Disappointed Trump is crawfishing on not shutting govt down on principal alone. He should hold the line on this one.

~~~~~~~~

I wonder if this vet has plans set up on how the $$$$ will be given to the govt...lots of red tape to build & don't think private citizens could do any real wall building directly??
Meh. What do you people in the valley and BP know? It's not like y'all have to deal with it everyday.
Old 12-20-2018, 12:27 PM   #41
Chad_E
Ten Point

Hunt In: Colorado Co.

I read this thread yesterday and didn't look at the Gofundme page. Looked at the story on Fox New this morning which said they had raised $1M. Clicked on their link and it was up over $3M. Just pulled up the page and below is the current total. Impressive! I believe the wall would be helpful in places. It will be interesting to see if this keeps up steam.

$4,904,134

Went up $38K while I typed my post...
Chad_E is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-20-2018, 12:32 PM   #42
matt.howell411
Spike

You said it brother!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
matt.howell411 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-20-2018, 12:45 PM   #43
Ironman
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by kae006 View Post
No, the GoFundMe goal was at $2BB last night and I believe it started even higher than that.
It's my understanding that $1B is max for a go fund me account. Either way, what's your point?
Old 12-20-2018, 12:57 PM   #44
Artos
Pope & Young

Quote:
Meh. What do you people in the valley and BP know? It's not like y'all have to deal with it everyday.
Exactly...the McAllen sector is over capacity. Would make your head spin how many centrals & Mid Easterners are apprehended currently.

They are a clever bunch, the narcos control the river & hit BP at shift change when it's more chaotic. They send the OTM's looking for asylum first who seek out BP & tie them up, then the mexican nationals, mules & thugs make for a heading to split the gaps. It's well orchestrated & BP can only apprehend so many.

Really sticks in my craw to hear folks belittle the effectiveness of properly made barriers. If it was any other president, it would have been funded & sacrificing the security of our nation simply due to the disdain of Trump is pathetic & shameful!! Disgusted with the opposition on this topic & they are on both sides. The republicans totally failed the border crisis the past two years & now the wall is all but dead. Depressing state of affairs!!
Old 12-20-2018, 01:09 PM   #45
az2tx
Pope & Young

5.17 mil
az2tx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-20-2018, 01:13 PM   #46
newmathewsfan
Four Point

$5,213,514 As of right now. I think the American people are sick and tired of the same old crap and willing to put up a small portion of their money to try and make this thing work. I did the math a while ago and the average donation at that time was just a little over $60 per person. If all Trump voters/supporters did the same, the goal would be reached in no time.
Old 12-20-2018, 01:14 PM   #47
hully1029
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Grayson/Cooke

5.267M

I love the idea, but there is NO way I see this reaching 5B.

Dont get me wrong, I hope I eat crow on this.. it's currently reached 0.1% of its goal...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Last edited by hully1029; 12-20-2018 at 01:18 PM.
hully1029 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-20-2018, 01:20 PM   #48
Artos
Pope & Young

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...-direct-funds/

Interesting Read...

I like where this is going:

And because it is not easy to give money to the federal government that is dedicated for a specific purpose, Rep. Steven Palazzo (R-MI) introduced legislation that would direct the Treasury Department to issue government savings bonds that could be used to fund the wall.

Palazzo, vice chairman of the House Homeland Security Appropriations Subcommittee, introduced the Border Bonds for America Act of 2018 on Monday.

The bill ďallows American citizens the opportunity to purchase revenue bonds to help finance the construction of a southern border wall,Ē the press release announcing the legislation said.

ďThis bill is a safe investment into the infrastructure and security of our country,Ē Palazzo said, adding that there is a precedent for Americans paying to ensure the nationís security
Old 12-20-2018, 01:22 PM   #49
Ironman
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by hully1029 View Post
5.267M

I love the idea, but there is NO way I see this reaching 5B.

It doesn't have to reach $5B to send a very clear message. I can guarantee you, the powers that be on the left are cringing at the amount of money that has been raised so far, and the rate at which it is climbing.
Old 12-20-2018, 01:23 PM   #50
hully1029
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Grayson/Cooke

Quote:
It doesn't have to reach $5B to send a very clear message. I can guarantee you, the powers that be on the left are cringing at the amount of money that has been raised so far, and the rate at which it is climbing.
I absolutely agree there is some serious chocolate starfish puckering going on..

hully1029 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top