Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Current Events - Politics and Such
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2018, 07:44 AM   #1
Traildust
Pope & Young
 
Traildust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Alvin, Texas
Hunt In: Looking!
Default Border Patrol Kills Another One....

https://www.yahoo.com/news/7-old-imm...021310856.html

Gotta love the media spin!
Traildust is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-14-2018, 08:20 AM   #2
flywise
Pope & Young
 
flywise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Kempner,Tx
Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado
Default

It's always America's fault. No blame on the people who walked he through a desert with no food or water. And to have the gaul to ***** about the " terrible conditions" of the holding facility.....**** these ignorant peasants. I'm guide sure some brave man or woman of the BP will lose a career, the tax payers will be forced to give up millions more to the poor victims family.
So GD tired of providing and providing for these ingrates and still getting criticized for the effort
flywise is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-14-2018, 08:29 AM   #3
150class
Pope & Young
 
150class's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Houston
Hunt In: Uvalde, Boerne
Default

Shame that she died
Parents took a chance and lost something they love the most as a result

Shame on Yahoo for doing everything they can to make it seem like a border patrol fault even though that poor girls was already on the verge when they turned themselves in
150class is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-14-2018, 01:27 PM   #4
Playa
Pope & Young
 
Playa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Lubbock
Hunt In: Coleman
Default

There is a broader lesson to be learned here and that is regardless of the condition or level of skill these migrants are in when they arrive, America is expected to be the solution. Period. And when it isn’t, America will be viewed as having failed. It’s a losing scenario. American is t a great panacea
Playa is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-14-2018, 02:21 PM   #5
Barrett
Ten Point
 
Barrett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: South Austin
Hunt In: Tarpley
Default

My opinion is that this shows, albeit through a tragic loss of life, how completely swamped and under manned the CBP is. Of course they did not kill the young girl, they were responsible for her because she is under their control. We cannot effectively process the numbers within the law and I think this is the problem. And to further a point, this will never be fixed along with a myriad of other issues because these problems get folks elected.
Barrett is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-14-2018, 02:28 PM   #6
Playa
Pope & Young
 
Playa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Lubbock
Hunt In: Coleman
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrett View Post
My opinion is that this shows, albeit through a tragic loss of life, how completely swamped and under manned the CBP is. Of course they did not kill the young girl, they were responsible for her because she is under their control. We cannot effectively process the numbers within the law and I think this is the problem. And to further a point, this will never be fixed along with a myriad of other issues because these problems get folks elected.
To your point NONE of our public resources are staffed or funded enough to handle the problem that is illegal immigration
Playa is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-14-2018, 02:49 PM   #7
Pedernal
Pope & Young
 
Pedernal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Del Rio
Hunt In: Amistad
Default

Prayers up for the family of the child.
Pedernal is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-14-2018, 07:04 PM   #8
flywise
Pope & Young
 
flywise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Kempner,Tx
Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedernal View Post
Prayers up for the family of the child.
Aren't they to blame for her death?
flywise is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-14-2018, 07:43 PM   #9
DUKFVR
Pope & Young
 
DUKFVR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Sorry Azz Houston
Hunt In: San Saba,TX
Default

Should have stayed across the border or came legally.
DUKFVR is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-14-2018, 08:32 PM   #10
Gladesgator
Eight Point
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Cushing,TX
Hunt In: Rusk County, FL and AR
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUKFVR View Post
Should have stayed across the border or came legally.
X2
Gladesgator is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-14-2018, 11:47 PM   #11
SmTx
Pope & Young
 
SmTx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: San Marcos/Hempstead
Hunt In: Jim Wells
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUKFVR View Post
Should have stayed across the border or came legally.
Seeking asylum is legal. Have to make it to the border to claim asylum.

This problem is based around the process to be able to seek asylum. Why we have caravans coming.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
SmTx is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-15-2018, 04:36 AM   #12
Pedernal
Pope & Young
 
Pedernal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Del Rio
Hunt In: Amistad
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flywise View Post
Aren't they to blame for her death?
Any loss of a child is tragic, regardless of who is responsible. Not asking anyone to be empathetic. Not sure why a prayer for the family of a deceased child would be questioned either.
Pedernal is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-15-2018, 05:39 AM   #13
Traildust
Pope & Young
 
Traildust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Alvin, Texas
Hunt In: Looking!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmTx View Post
Seeking asylum is legal. Have to make it to the border to claim asylum.

This problem is based around the process to be able to seek asylum. Why we have caravans coming.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
They have to come thru an entry point to legally apply for asylum. Her family illegally crossed the border. Thats why they were arrested. Its sad, but blaming her death on the BP or anything the US does is complete BS!
Traildust is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-15-2018, 06:37 AM   #14
overcomer401965
Eight Point
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Coleman, Texas
Hunt In: Coleman
Default

They didn't ask for asylum when they crossed over into Mexico did they?
overcomer401965 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-15-2018, 07:28 AM   #15
JLivi1224
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Mid County
Hunt In: Public
Default

Tragic indeed.

“Asylum” gets thrown around so much without knowing what the law says. Your country being overrun with gang violence does not meet the requirements. Nor does abhorrent living conditions or a poor economy. Qualifying factors are persecution for the following: race, religion, nationality, membership in a particular social group, or political opinion.

Read title 8, chapter 12, subchapter II, part 1 1158
Specifically third party country.
JLivi1224 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-15-2018, 08:03 AM   #16
flywise
Pope & Young
 
flywise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Kempner,Tx
Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmTx View Post
Seeking asylum is legal. Have to make it to the border to claim asylum.

This problem is based around the process to be able to seek asylum. Why we have caravans coming.
Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Seeking asylum is legal when you do this statement below. There are caravans coming not because we have asylum laws, their coming because some someone is convincing them that they are going to get a bunch of free stuff. They are being used a pawns.


Quote:
Originally Posted by overcomer401965 View Post
They didn't ask for asylum when they crossed over into Mexico did they?
flywise is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-15-2018, 12:40 PM   #17
Tommyh
Pope & Young
 
Tommyh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Katy
Default

This poor girl was septic before she entered the US and her fsther lied on paperwork that she wasnt sick.
Tommyh is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-15-2018, 03:07 PM   #18
stickerpatch59
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: gonzales tx
Hunt In: gonzales, and....
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by overcomer401965 View Post
They didn't ask for asylum when they crossed over into Mexico did they?
no mexico don't hand out all of the goodies.
stickerpatch59 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-18-2018, 09:27 AM   #19
Dusty Britches
Pope & Young
 
Dusty Britches's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Cameron & College Station
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommyh View Post
This poor girl was septic before she entered the US and her fsther lied on paperwork that she wasnt sick.
exactly. Septic - meaning she was suffering from a long term illness. She was at death's door when they illegally crossed the border.
Dusty Britches is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-18-2018, 12:13 PM   #20
Traildust
Pope & Young
 
Traildust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Alvin, Texas
Hunt In: Looking!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommyh View Post
This poor girl was septic before she entered the US and her fsther lied on paperwork that she wasnt sick.
Now it's our (US) fault because he couldn't read engrish!
Traildust is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-26-2018, 09:08 AM   #21
flywise
Pope & Young
 
flywise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Kempner,Tx
Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traildust View Post
Now it's our (US) fault because he couldn't read engrish!

And now, this other kid from Guatemala has died and it quite clear that the evil Border Patrol is to blame.
Never mind the fact that he made a thousand mile trek, with probably limited food and water, carrying no telling what kind of illnesses from their poverty stricken country.
And please dont pass any blame onto the politicians who encourage this type of risk.

In this case the hospital has some blame
The parent should carry most of the blame
The worthless American politicians should share in it.
The BP.....no blame
flywise is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-26-2018, 04:16 PM   #22
Thumper
Pope & Young
 
Thumper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Magnolia Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flywise View Post
And now, this other kid from Guatemala has died and it quite clear that the evil Border Patrol is to blame.
Never mind the fact that he made a thousand mile trek, with probably limited food and water, carrying no telling what kind of illnesses from their poverty stricken country.
And please dont pass any blame onto the politicians who encourage this type of risk.

In this case the hospital has some blame
The parent should carry most of the blame
The worthless American politicians should share in it.
The BP.....no blame

I read the boy was taken without his parents consent, they're still in Guatemala. He was being used to anchor an illegal alien trying to obtain amnesty from the USA.
Thumper is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com