Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Current Events - Politics and Such

Old 12-03-2018, 06:03 PM   #51
texansfan
Ten Point

Hunt In: South Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFWPI View Post
To play on the emotions is the only explaination. "Oh, my boy was a good boy," in order to get the murder indictment.

A lot of my friends are defense attorneys in Dallas County and say it is one political screw up.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Only difference is in this case you have the Chairman from one of the country's top accounting firms gave the eulogy at this guys funeral and he said the same thing.
This guy wasn't a dindu nuffin.

And sorry your DA friends are slackers but maybe it was politicized when instead of arresting the LEO for killing someone in their own home for no reason they secure a search warrant for HIS apartment to look for drugs and a toxicology report ON HIM as if he walked into HER apartment.

You have to admit that blue line steadily working to protect their own.
texansfan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-03-2018, 06:06 PM   #52
DFWPI
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Jack/Young County

Quote:
Originally Posted by texansfan View Post
Only difference is in this case you have the Chairman from one of the country's top accounting firms gave the eulogy at this guys funeral and he said the same thing.
This guy wasn't a dindu nuffin.

And sorry your DA friends are slackers but maybe it was politicized when instead of arresting the LEO for killing someone in their own home for no reason they secure a search warrant for HIS apartment to look for drugs and a toxicology report ON HIM as if he walked into HER apartment.

Ok

DFWPI is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-03-2018, 06:16 PM   #53
texansfan
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by batmaninja View Post
I read this too. The article below explains it better with a video.

But you would also have to think that Amber knew all of this, and knew that it would make her story look sketchy if she tried to say the door was already open or that she had a master key to the complex.

https://newsone.com/3827178/botham-j...artment-locks/

So, how did she get into somebody else's apartment? Maybe she had a key to his apartment.......

I can't see for what reason a cop would need a master key for. The cop would need a search warrant before going into any apartment in the first place.

I can see maintenance needing a master key but then even they need a special reason to enter apartments.

Such a horrible thing this guy died but this is making a great docudrama script.

We're waiting on the electronic door lock data and also her toxicology report (was she drunk or high? Or BOTH?)

Where was she standing when she fired the shots?
How far passed the threshold was she when she fired?
Where exactly was he standing?
Was his tv on when she walked in the apartment?
Is his tv in the same exact position as her tv?
Because the tv will light up the room.
I hope that she had a tv in her house.
But then again why would a burglar be in your house watching tv?

Did she have potpurri in her house?
My wife keeps it in ours so when you walk in it smells like roses or something.
Did Jean's house smell like Guyger's house?
Or was he sitting on his couch burning a joint so she could obviously tell that by the smell it wasn't her house?

The facts are she walked into someone else's house,
Killed him in cold blood
So now the question is for sentencing
Should she get:
Probation only?
3 years?
10 years?
30 years?
Life?

Should the fact that she is LEO be factored into this?
If so, why?
Old 12-03-2018, 06:36 PM   #54
Duckologist
Six Point

Quote:

If so, why?
Well I think being a cop hurts her in this case. A cop is trained to pay attention to details. No way she went to the wrong apartment. How many times since living there did she go to the wrong apartment? No way she didn't see dat big red rug. I don't think she had a master key, I think she had one of his keys

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Duckologist is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-03-2018, 07:57 PM   #55
CEO
Ten Point

Someone may have been pitchin woo, then retracted it.
CEO is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-03-2018, 08:20 PM   #56
BrandonA
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Mills and Burnet County

I'm going to bet it wasn't a random happening.
BrandonA is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-04-2018, 09:28 AM   #57
batmaninja
Ten Point

Hunt In: Hill Country

Quote:
Wasnt there pot pretty much out in the open in his apartment? Could explain the search warrant. And the cops did call in the Texas Rangers.

Below is a video showing the inside of his apartment. There are a bunch more online, that can answer most of your questions.

I think it was a bad shooting. I just dont see how she got inside accidentally. She may have just knocked and he let her in.

She just looks crazy to me, like a smaller, crazier Tonya Harding.
batmaninja is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-04-2018, 09:51 AM   #58
DFWPI
Pope & Young

Quote:
I can't see for what reason a cop would need a master key for. The cop would need a search warrant before going into any apartment in the first place.

I can see maintenance needing a master key but then even they need a special reason to enter apartments.

Such a horrible thing this guy died but this is making a great docudrama script.

We're waiting on the electronic door lock data and also her toxicology report (was she drunk or high? Or BOTH?)

Where was she standing when she fired the shots?
How far passed the threshold was she when she fired?
Where exactly was he standing?
Was his tv on when she walked in the apartment?
Is his tv in the same exact position as her tv?
Because the tv will light up the room.
I hope that she had a tv in her house.

Did she have potpurri in her house?
My wife keeps it in ours so when you walk in it smells like roses or something.
Did Jean's house smell like Guyger's house?
Or was he sitting on his couch burning a joint so she could obviously tell that by the smell it wasn't her house?

The facts are she walked into someone else's house,
Killed him in cold blood
So now the question is for sentencing
Should she get:
Probation only?
3 years?
10 years?
30 years?
Life?

If so, why?

It's very interesting the things a burglar will do while in your house. I've investigated where:

1. The burglar took a dump in the master bath toliet.

2. The burglar made a sandwich.

3. The burglar helped himself to the liqour cabinet.

4. The burglar sat down in front of the TV and fell asleep and was found on the sofa.

5. There are many more, but probably the best was when the burglar called me and asked if I was looking for anything special. I was working undercover in the narcotics unit and the burglar was a small time dope dealer. He had broken into a house and was calling people and "making a shopping list" of things to steal.

As for a master key, many moons ago, while working as a courtesy officer at several apartment complexes, they provided me with a master key to all apartments. Basically people would get locked out at 2am and I would have to get out of bed and let them in. It usually got really expensive if you locked yourself out more than once.

So, yeah its all strange. But I always like to see things played out in court because I bet there are things that have not come to light as of yet.

Last edited by DFWPI; 12-04-2018 at 09:54 AM.
Old 12-04-2018, 09:55 AM   #59
jerp
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Shackleford Co.

I heard the DA interviewed on the radio yesterday. She said murder is defined as:
"intentionally or knowingly causing the death of an individual". Whether or not she thought he was in her apartment, she intentionally caused his death. (not negligence, reckless behavior or an accident) The penal code also says this:
"At the punishment stage of a trial, the defendant may raise the issue as to whether he caused the death under the immediate influence of sudden passion arising from an adequate cause. If the defendant proves the issue in the affirmative by a preponderance of the evidence, the offense is a felony of the second degree."
jerp is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-04-2018, 10:33 AM   #60
Killer
Ten Point

Hunt In: God's green earth

I don't really care if its murder or manslaughter, I am not a layer and do not know the differences in the charges or how the trail will go if they over reach on murder charges. If she went there thinking it was her house I don't see murder, but I always thought there had to be more to the story than a bad mix up.

Why did she shoot him even if she thought it was her house? He was unarmed. I know things happen fast, but if the door was ajar like she said, she probably already had her gun drawn. Why shoot him? She is standing in the door way/hall with a gun on him. Just doesn't make sense to me.

She was wrong and her actions killed a man and she should pay for that, now what payment is right I guess the trail will tell.

Last edited by Killer; 12-04-2018 at 10:44 AM.
Killer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-04-2018, 11:37 AM   #61
texansfan
Ten Point

Quote:

It's very interesting the things a burglar will do while in your house. I've investigated where:

1. The burglar took a dump in the master bath toliet.

2. The burglar made a sandwich.

3. The burglar helped himself to the liqour cabinet.

4. The burglar sat down in front of the TV and fell asleep and was found on the sofa.

5. There are many more, but probably the best was when the burglar called me and asked if I was looking for anything special. I was working undercover in the narcotics unit and the burglar was a small time dope dealer. He had broken into a house and was calling people and "making a shopping list" of things to steal.

As for a master key, many moons ago, while working as a courtesy officer at several apartment complexes, they provided me with a master key to all apartments. Basically people would get locked out at 2am and I would have to get out of bed and let them in. It usually got really expensive if you locked yourself out more than once.

So, yeah its all strange. But I always like to see things played out in court because I bet there are things that have not come to light as of yet.

Ok.
Played out in court.
There were only two people there and one of them is dead so that's all you have to work with.
1. Say she's charged with manslaughter, do you vote guilty or not guilty?

2. If guilty, what should her sentence be?

Keep in mind that the fact of the matter is that she had no business in his home in the first place, accident or not. She had no right to be in there and he had every right to be in there because that was his house.
Old 12-04-2018, 11:47 AM   #62
DFWPI
Pope & Young

Quote:
Ok.
Played out in court.
There were only two people there and one of them is dead so that's all you have to work with.

Keep in mind that the fact of the matter is that she had no business in his home in the first place, accident or not. She had no right to be in there and he had every right to be in there because that was his house.
Sorry, cannot answer those questions. Only way to answer is if I am empaneled as a juror and the State and Defense have rested and closed.

Old 12-04-2018, 12:12 PM   #63
DFWPI
Pope & Young

Quote:
Ok.
Played out in court.

And I should say, as I don't want to be one of those that say, I should Point Out..., that I am not saying that she is right or wrong in this matter. Just too many people chiming in about this and that, hang 'em high and the sorts.

Last I checked, we still have the U.S. Constitution that we live by, and there is that one small, itty-bitty thing about being INNOCENT until proven GUILTY.

So, if you, or anybody else, are saying she is guilty and should be in prison, then my question to you is, "Do you believe in the United States Constitution?"

Old 12-04-2018, 01:52 PM   #64
Dale Moser
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Young Cty

There are two absolute and undeniable truths when dealing with anything controversial in Dallas County.

It IS politically motivated.

And they WILL **** it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dale Moser is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-04-2018, 04:46 PM   #65
texansfan
Ten Point

Quote:
And I should say, as I don't want to be one of those that say, I should Point Out..., that I am not saying that she is right or wrong in this matter. Just too many people chiming in about this and that, hang 'em high and the sorts.

Last I checked, we still have the U.S. Constitution that we live by, and there is that one small, itty-bitty thing about being INNOCENT until proven GUILTY.

So, if you, or anybody else, are saying she is guilty and should be in prison, then my question to you is, "Do you believe in the United States Constitution?"

LoL she already admitted to the crime which is kiling a man unprovoked in his own home.
You do realize this, right?
She says herself she did it so none of us are ASSUMING any guilt on her
Old 12-04-2018, 04:51 PM   #66
DFWPI
Pope & Young

Quote:
LoL she already admitted to the crime which is kiling a man unprovoked in his own home.
You do realize this, right?
She says herself she did it so none of us are ASSUMING any guilt on her
Nope, ain't getting paid to listen to it at this time, so really could care less.

And until she stands up in open court and pleads guilty, she is still innocent.

Last edited by DFWPI; 12-04-2018 at 04:55 PM.
Old 12-04-2018, 05:53 PM   #67
texansfan
Ten Point

Quote:
Nope, ain't getting paid to listen to it at this time, so really could care less.

And until she stands up in open court and pleads guilty, she is still innocent.

You're a cop?
Old 12-04-2018, 06:00 PM   #68
batmaninja
Ten Point

Quote:
I would go with PI in the DFW area

Any who, if she wasnt read her Miranda rights it wouldn't even be admissible in court.
Old 12-04-2018, 06:09 PM   #69
texansfan
Ten Point

Quote:
I would go with PI in the DFW area

Any who, if she wasnt read her Miranda rights it wouldn't even be admissible in court.
They have a 911 recording where she says she shot the guy as well as multiple police reports where she's acknowledging she shot the guy.

Are you a cop too?

Why are we even debating "miranda rights" at this point?
Are we in the twilight zone?
The woman has clearly admitted to shooting him.

Is she going to recant her story then make the DA go back and waste time of placing her at the scene of the crime and forensics proving that the two bullets lodged in Mr. Jean's body were fired from her service weapon?

C'mon guys.
Admit if the roles were reversed he walked into HER apartment after he got off work and shot/killed her in her own kitchen as she stood there in her bra and panties that you'd be calling for his immediate hanging.

A search warrant would have never been requested nor issued to search her home for contraband either.

Those are facts.
Old 12-04-2018, 06:17 PM   #70
RiverRat1
Pope & Young

Hunt In: San Saba

LOL at the cop hater.. Just let it rest until some facts come out.

You are so one sided it's dumb.
RiverRat1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-04-2018, 06:52 PM   #71
texansfan
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRat1 View Post

Facts:
1. Dead guy
2. He was minding his own business in his own house eating cereal watching the Cowboys game
3. Cop walks in his house unannounced and shoots/kills him

Are those not facts?
Do you dispute any of those?
If so, which one?

1. Is the guy not dead because of the cop's bullet?

2. Was he not obeying the law in his own home doing nothing to no one?

3. Did Guyger not admit she walked into the wrong apartment and INTENTIONALLY point her gun at the guy and fire two rounds INTENDING to hit him?

You're going to dispute that? If so, I have no idea what's to come of this world.

I'm not a cop hater but i see there is a two class level of juatice going on because again, if the cop was dead the same tune wouldn't be sung.

I'm on the side of TRUTH and JUSTICE and you can't tell me that the guy is not dead is not a truth and that the cop was the one who killed him because she already admitted to it.
She said she killed him so why are we even debating that?
Old 12-04-2018, 07:05 PM   #72
Crazy Horse
Ten Point

Hunt In: Kerr & Lavaca County

Quote:

Yep....
Odd when it was COPS getting killed, he claimed on here everyone needed to wait for the trial before passing judgment....

But considering the source brother, is ANYONE here surprised??!
Crazy Horse is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-04-2018, 07:07 PM   #73
texansfan
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Horse View Post
Yep....
Odd when it was COPS getting killed, he claimed on here everyone needed to wait for the trial before passing judgment....

But considering the source brother, is ANYONE here surprised??!
Did Guyger kill him? Yes or No?
Old 12-04-2018, 07:10 PM   #74
texansfan
Ten Point

Two of my female cousins are cops on Dallas PD and neither would discuss this at thanksgiving.

But they both voiced their opinions about their new chief!
LoL

They're both millennials so I (almost) give them a pass.
Old 12-04-2018, 07:34 PM   #75
boy wonder
Ten Point

Hunt In: Albany

Quote:
Facts:
1. Dead guy
2. He was minding his own business in his own house eating cereal watching the Cowboys game
3. Cop walks in his house unannounced and shoots/kills him

Are those not facts?
Do you dispute any of those?
If so, which one?

1. Is the guy not dead because of the cop's bullet?

2. Was he not obeying the law in his own home doing nothing to no one?

3. Did Guyger not admit she walked into the wrong apartment and INTENTIONALLY point her gun at the guy and fire two rounds INTENDING to hit him?

You're going to dispute that? If so, I have no idea what's to come of this world.

I'm not a cop hater but i see there is a two class level of juatice going on because again, if the cop was dead the same tune wouldn't be sung.

I'm on the side of TRUTH and JUSTICE and you can't tell me that the guy is not dead is not a truth and that the cop was the one who killed him because she already admitted to it.
She said she killed him so why are we even debating that?
Is it Justice you're interested in, or revenge?
boy wonder is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-04-2018, 07:35 PM   #76
batmaninja
Ten Point

Quote:
Are you a cop too?

Why are we even debating "miranda rights" at this point?

Are we in the twilight zone?

The woman has clearly admitted to shooting him.

Those are facts.

Not a LEO, but I am also not a complete idiot.

We are still in the USA. Burden of proof is on the prosecution and not everything is allowed in court. Just like with OJ, Casey Anthony, or George Zimmerman.

Why donít you answer the majority of your questions with a simple google search? I donít think you are accomplishing what you think you are with your worn out approach.

Old 12-04-2018, 07:42 PM   #77
batmaninja
Ten Point

Quote:
Two of my female cousins are cops on Dallas PD and neither would discuss this at thanksgiving.

What do they think about the admitted rapist in your family? Why donít they work on putting him away, you have the evidence and facts right?

Old 12-04-2018, 09:10 PM   #78
Dale Moser
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Young Cty

Quote:
What do they think about the admitted rapist in your family? Why donít they work on putting him away, you have the evidence and facts right?

Wait...what? Do tell.

Dale Moser is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-04-2018, 09:16 PM   #79
TeamAmerica
Ten Point

Hunt In: Corsicana (Navarro County)

Anyone taking bets on whether this thread is still around when we wake up?
TeamAmerica is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-04-2018, 09:57 PM   #80
Crazy Horse
Ten Point

Quote:
Did Guyger kill him? Yes or No?
You first....

Q: HOW did Guyger get into Botham’s apartment?

No speculation or assumptions...

(there was no evidence of a forced entry)

Last edited by Crazy Horse; 12-04-2018 at 10:02 PM.
Old 12-05-2018, 07:41 AM   #81
Ironman
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Anywhere

I think post #16 is the most hypocritical one in this thread.........all things considered.
Ironman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-05-2018, 08:22 AM   #82
RiverRat1
Pope & Young

Quote:
The shooting was investigated and specific evidence and facts that we the public aren't aware of were presented to the grand jury. Until those facts are known to the public people should stop making assumptions as to what transpired.

Prayers up to those involved and the family of the deceased.
Went right out the window
Old 12-05-2018, 08:50 AM   #83
Crazy Horse
Ten Point

Quote:
Quote:
Went right out the window
growing up & regularly getting your azz beat by your two female cousins, who later became cops....I can see where someone would become anti-cop!

I mean, can you imagine the joy around the holidays in that family with someone always looking to instigate over dinner??! Those poor people.
Old 12-05-2018, 09:48 AM   #84
batmaninja
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Moser View Post
Wait...what? Do tell.
Our man Tfan, used his "family" to try to further his point during a #metoo discussion. Said one of his cousins or someone got diddle by the patriarch of the Tfan fam. Mind you he didnt go to the authorities or seek justice for the transgressions, he posted about it on a hunting forum.

I dont usually bring a persons family into a discussion, but the troll put it on the table.
Old 12-05-2018, 10:15 AM   #85
muzzlebrake
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Sterling County

Quote:
Our man Tfan, used his "family" to try to further his point during a #metoo discussion. Said one of his cousins or someone got diddle by the patriarch of the Tfan fam. Mind you he didnt go to the authorities or seek justice for the transgressions, he posted about it on a hunting forum.

I dont usually bring a persons family into a discussion, but the troll put it on the table.
Pretty good example of a liberal's double standard
muzzlebrake is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-05-2018, 11:15 AM   #86
RiverRat1
Pope & Young

Quote:
growing up & regularly getting your azz beat by your two female cousins, who later became cops....I can see where someone would become anti-cop!

I mean, can you imagine the joy around the holidays in that family with someone always looking to instigate over dinner??! Those poor people.
Look man! Is it a FACT, yes or no, that someone killed that turkey?
Do you have ANY proof the turkey did anything to warrant a death sentence?

Answer the questions!!!
Old 12-05-2018, 11:24 AM   #87
Crazy Horse
Ten Point

Quote:
Look man! Is it a FACT, yes or no, that someone killed that turkey?
Do you have ANY proof the turkey did anything to warrant a death sentence?

Answer the questions!!!
yep....then there is the 2 hour explanation during dinner & pumpkin pis, as to why he's a vegan.

Next month's argument: Is Santa a criminal - yes or no??!
Old 12-05-2018, 02:01 PM   #88
RiverRat1
Pope & Young

Quote:
yep....then there is the 2 hour explanation during dinner & pumpkin pis, as to why he's a vegan.

Next month's argument: Is Santa a criminal - yes or no??!
Well does he or does he not enter people's homes without consent?

And it's a fact he gives better gifts to rich people. Since their are more rich white people then one must declare Santa is racist!
Old 12-05-2018, 03:08 PM   #89
sir shovelhands
Ten Point

Hunt In: Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Horse;13838004
Next month's argument: [B
Is Santa a criminal - yes or no??![/B]
Clearly

sir shovelhands is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-08-2018, 03:32 PM   #90
Tommyh
Pope & Young

The good news is a jury wont be deciding her sentencing. Until she admits guilt in court, she is still innocent.
Tommyh is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-10-2018, 03:30 PM   #91
txhunter007
Eight Point

Hunt In: Motley County

I guess the troll slithered his way back under a bridge.
txhunter007 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-10-2018, 04:59 PM   #92
Jspradley
Ten Point

Hunt In: Wherever I can

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir shovelhands View Post
And the highly improbable coincidence that the one time she goes to the wrong apartment, the door just happens to have been left ajar
I'm constantly shocked by how many people dont lock their effing doors nowadays so I can believe it was left open or unlocked at least.
Jspradley is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-10-2018, 10:06 PM   #93
Johnny44
Eight Point

Two less losers and money for lawyers, a win-win
Johnny44 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-11-2018, 11:04 PM   #94
Razrbk89
Ten Point

Hunt In: Northern & Eastern Arkansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny44 View Post
I hope thatís a bad attempt at a joke..
Razrbk89 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-12-2018, 10:26 AM   #95
Johnny44
Eight Point

Nope
Old 12-12-2018, 10:38 AM   #96
Ironman
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Anywhere

Quote:
What defines a loser to you?
Ironman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-12-2018, 10:41 AM   #97
jer_james
Pope & Young

Quote:
2 losers? Both seem like decent human beings, with one making a terrible mistake.

I dont see anything being a win in this.
jer_james is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-12-2018, 03:50 PM   #98
Johnny44
Eight Point

Don’t care but man did I have a great lunch