Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Equipment and Tuning

Old 08-28-2018, 11:37 PM   #1
Hammerdown15
Ten Point

Hunt In: Warren, Tx
Default Diamond Deploy SB Review

I picked up a new bow this week. I donít see many reviews of the mid-range bows but thought Iíd give it a shot.

I bought the RAK package on Amazon for $599. The bare bow is $499. Bass Pro has the camo version for $699.

The rest is garbage so I immediately put a QAD on it. The other accessories are fine for my purposes. After getting some useful advice from TBH and a visit to my new bow man at Bass Pro, everything is dialed in.

Review:

Weight- this is the lighted bow that Iíve owned. Itís something unexpected based on the appearance. It looks like a beefy bow but then itís almost weightless when you pick it up out of the case.

Draw- itís aggressive to say the least. You are almost immediately pulling full weight but the let off is good. It doesnít have a tendency to want to creep forward once itís drawn. After close to 100 shots today, Iím not overly sore or exhausted though.

Aiming- it was a little windy today when I was shooting in the yard. I was concerned that the light weight might make it susceptible to wind but, to my surprise, it holds pretty stable.

Shot- I didnít notice it at first but thatís because itís hard to notice something thatís not there: there is no vibration in the hand. There is no detectable vibration when shooting this bow at all.

Sound- seems to be above average quiet although Iím sure there are quieter bows. My string stop could probably be a little closer to the string but I donít think that will make a huge difference. Plenty quiet for hunting (and shooting in a neighborhood that doesnít allow it)

Fit and finish- so far so good. A couple of dings have not yielded any scratches on the riser. Nothing rattled or was loose from the factory.

Speed- listed last because Iíve gotten away from caring as much. Didnít chrono it. Probably wonít unless somewhere I go has one set up. It shoots flat and gets there in a hurry.

Overall- Iíve owned flagship Bowtechs for years (Tribute, Guardian, Allegiance, Destroyer 350 LE). I would rate this bow near the top of the ones that Iíve owned. For the price point, I canít imagine finding a better bow (my opinion of course).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hammerdown15 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-29-2018, 11:06 AM   #2
Traildust
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Looking!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerdown15 View Post
I picked up a new bow this week. I donít see many reviews of the mid-range bows but thought Iíd give it a shot.

I bought the RAK package on Amazon for $599. The bare bow is $499. Bass Pro has the camo version for $699.

The rest is garbage so I immediately put a QAD on it. The other accessories are fine for my purposes. After getting some useful advice from TBH and a visit to my new bow man at Bass Pro, everything is dialed in.

Review:

Weight- this is the lighted bow that Iíve owned. Itís something unexpected based on the appearance. It looks like a beefy bow but then itís almost weightless when you pick it up out of the case.

Draw- itís aggressive to say the least. You are almost immediately pulling full weight but the let off is good. It doesnít have a tendency to want to creep forward once itís drawn. After close to 100 shots today, Iím not overly sore or exhausted though.

Aiming- it was a little windy today when I was shooting in the yard. I was concerned that the light weight might make it susceptible to wind but, to my surprise, it holds pretty stable.

Shot- I didnít notice it at first but thatís because itís hard to notice something thatís not there: there is no vibration in the hand. There is no detectable vibration when shooting this bow at all.

Sound- seems to be above average quiet although Iím sure there are quieter bows. My string stop could probably be a little closer to the string but I donít think that will make a huge difference. Plenty quiet for hunting (and shooting in a neighborhood that doesnít allow it)

Fit and finish- so far so good. A couple of dings have not yielded any scratches on the riser. Nothing rattled or was loose from the factory.

Speed- listed last because Iíve gotten away from caring as much. Didnít chrono it. Probably wonít unless somewhere I go has one set up. It shoots flat and gets there in a hurry.

Overall- Iíve owned flagship Bowtechs for years (Tribute, Guardian, Allegiance, Destroyer 350 LE). I would rate this bow near the top of the ones that Iíve owned. For the price point, I canít imagine finding a better bow (my opinion of course).

Thats a good looking bow. Nothing wrong with Diamond, they were great before Bowtech bought them. Loose the wrist strap!
Traildust is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-29-2018, 07:57 PM   #3
Hammerdown15
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traildust View Post
Thats a good looking bow. Nothing wrong with Diamond, they were great before Bowtech bought them. Loose the wrist strap!

Thanks. I like it too.

Whatís wrong with my strap? I usually make a paracord strap but this one was nice.

Old 08-29-2018, 10:06 PM   #4
rocky
Pope & Young

Quote:
Thanks. I like it too.

Whatís wrong with my strap? I usually make a paracord strap but this one was nice.

I have been a Bowtech dealer for 18 years, so Iím not bashing. Replace your cable slide with a good Teflon slide to avoid excessive cable wear or possibly a broken slide. All else is good.
rocky is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-29-2018, 10:54 PM   #5
Hammerdown15
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky View Post
I have been a Bowtech dealer for 18 years, so Iím not bashing. Replace your cable slide with a good Teflon slide to avoid excessive cable wear or possibly a broken slide. All else is good.

Will do.

Old 08-29-2018, 11:19 PM   #6
Gherkin05
Ten Point

Hunt In: NM,CO,TX

I rigged one up last year and I use it as a back up and for small blinds. I agree with all of your comments. Itís a heck of a bow for the money. Basically a Carbon Knight with a different cam. I added the Saunders Hyper guide, it helped a lot.

Quite, good valley, and wall. Nice bow.

Gherkin05 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-02-2018, 11:29 AM   #7
Hammerdown15
Ten Point

50 yard group this morning before the rain started.

Old 09-10-2018, 08:49 PM   #8
kmon
Eight Point

Hunt In: Texas and Mississippi mostly

Quote:
Will do.

I have setup and sold a lot of those diamonds, a Teflon slide is good but I think the PSE roller is every bit as good or in some cases better.

The Diamond deploy is basically a Bowtech Carbon Knight, solid bows, not with the highest end bowtechs bud dang solid bows for the Price IMO.

On the loose the wrist sling I do not like things that light colored on my bow especially if hunting from a ground blind where that standard package one would almost seem to glow
kmon is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-11-2018, 12:03 AM   #9
cuttingedge
Ten Point

Hunt In: hardly at all here

I have owned a couple of them. Awesome bows.
cuttingedge is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-11-2018, 12:05 AM   #10
diamond10x
Ten Point

Hunt In: Kinney and Bexar counties

You can get them in kryptek Camo only through a bow shop correct?
diamond10x is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-14-2018, 02:26 PM   #11
Gherkin05
Ten Point

Hunt In: NM,CO,TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond10x View Post
You can get them in kryptek Camo only through a bow shop correct?

Not sure on that. I did see some online with kryptex. Was in Hoffys today, another awesome experience, and they had a bunch of BowTec rigged on that riser with desert kryptek. They looked sharp.
Gherkin05 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-24-2018, 07:58 AM   #12
sp-bow
Four Point

Hunt In: SHNF, MI

Thanks for the info. I'm looking at getting a new bow. Deploy is on my short list.
sp-bow is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-24-2018, 08:04 AM   #13
sp-bow
Four Point

Hunt In: SHNF, MI

Diamond provider and Bear approach are the other two I'm looking at
sp-bow is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-10-2019, 02:46 AM   #14
DeerMagnet
Eight Point

Hunt In: Hill Country

I just picked up a bare bow for $300.... this thing is super light. Can’t wait to get it rigged up
DeerMagnet is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-11-2019, 09:55 PM   #15
Hammerdown15
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeerMagnet View Post
I just picked up a bare bow for $300.... this thing is super light. Canít wait to get it rigged up

Thatís a great buy!!! I donít think youíll be disappointed at all.