Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Public Hunting Opportunities
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2018, 08:29 AM   #2601
Jgriffith
Four Point
 
Jgriffith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79F250 View Post
Sure has been quiet around here. Any one been out lately?
I hunted all last week. Made 11 hunts total, and saw 4 deer altogether. Came back out here Friday evening to hunt the weekend. Sitting in the stand as we speak, but so far Iíve saw 2 deer all weekend. Also have a buddy with me and same deal, 2 deer since Friday evening.
Jgriffith is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-18-2018, 03:06 PM   #2602
JDVerfurth
Eight Point
 
JDVerfurth's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Angelo
Hunt In: Realtree APG only!
Default

Howís everyone stuff holding up? Anything else been stolen lately? Any big kills anyone wants to share with the group?



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JDVerfurth is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-18-2018, 07:39 PM   #2603
79F250
Ten Point
 
79F250's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: San Angelo/ Angelo State university
Hunt In: San Angelo/ Any public land
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDVerfurth View Post
Howís everyone stuff holding up? Anything else been stolen lately? Any big kills anyone wants to share with the group?



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Havenít been out in 3 weeks so have no idea
79F250 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-18-2018, 07:43 PM   #2604
Bzak
Nubbin' Buck
 
Bzak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: San Angelo
Hunt In: Twin Buttes
Default

Itís been really slow for me...Iíve been a lot lately, seen two bucks in brush one time and rest have been only doe..think there still tired from rut or the pressure has just pushed them across fence lines idk


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bzak is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-18-2018, 09:54 PM   #2605
dannorocks
Four Point
 
dannorocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: South TX
Hunt In: Green Plaid
Default

Hunted area 9 the past two days for the first time. Real slow. Saw a deer running, likely kicked up from another hunter. I’ve never seent so many unbrushed blinds, tried staying away from them but I’d walk another direction and saw more. Also had a hunter come into my setup, seemed to be looking for a trail camera.
dannorocks is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-18-2018, 10:19 PM   #2606
Bzak
Nubbin' Buck
 
Bzak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: San Angelo
Hunt In: Twin Buttes
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannorocks View Post
Hunted area 9 the past two days for the first time. Real slow. Saw a deer running, likely kicked up from another hunter. Iíve never seent so many unbrushed blinds, tried staying away from them but Iíd walk another direction and saw more. Also had a hunter come into my setup, seemed to be looking for a trail camera.


Be careful if you have a camera out lots of theft this year have it locked and out of view. Had my whole set up stolen in 9


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bzak is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-20-2018, 09:15 PM   #2607
@PGA_BB
Four Point
 
@PGA_BB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: San Angelo
Hunt In: everywhere
Default

Ok getting sick and tired of this BS. I don't care that you Hunt my spot even though you sent up a blind for 3 days and corned clearly where I was set up. But when you steal a camera, clearly try and steal another (which was locked), leave your **** bottle trash in my spot, and have zero respect for anyone else you're a scumbag!!!! If you're in this forum you need to seriously evaluate your morals and ethics when it comes to hunting and respect for others. #f@ckoff

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
@PGA_BB is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-20-2018, 09:35 PM   #2608
Bzak
Nubbin' Buck
 
Bzak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: San Angelo
Hunt In: Twin Buttes
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by @PGA_BB View Post
Ok getting sick and tired of this BS. I don't care that you Hunt my spot even though you sent up a blind for 3 days and corned clearly where I was set up. But when you steal a camera, clearly try and steal another (which was locked), leave your **** bottle trash in my spot, and have zero respect for anyone else you're a scumbag!!!! If you're in this forum you need to seriously evaluate your morals and ethics when it comes to hunting and respect for others. #f@ckoff

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk


Thatís as low as it gets, hunting a spot all year putting in the money for the corn and the time and effort...I know itís public land and no one is entitled to a spot but have the respect to move down a bit. I have people always hunt my trail 50 yards away but itís not in my spot. Then if your gonna jack a spot cause you think the hunter is done at least clean it up and leave it better than you found it.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bzak is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-20-2018, 10:01 PM   #2609
JDVerfurth
Eight Point
 
JDVerfurth's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Angelo
Hunt In: Realtree APG only!
Default THE Official Twin Buttes Reservoir Thread

Well there ya go... sure glad we pay to have this done to us... I miss the good olí days when this happened and we didnít have to pay for it... that $48 bucks sure is great, isnít it! Thanks TPWD! Keep up the good work!






Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JDVerfurth is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-21-2018, 09:44 AM   #2610
79F250
Ten Point
 
79F250's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: San Angelo/ Angelo State university
Hunt In: San Angelo/ Any public land
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDVerfurth View Post
Well there ya go... sure glad we pay to have this done to us... I miss the good olí days when this happened and we didnít have to pay for it... that $48 bucks sure is great, isnít it! Thanks TPWD! Keep up the good work!






Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Why do you feel the need to blame TPWD?
Grow up and quit being butthurt because thereís rules out there now and you have to pay $50. You have a lease now with big arse deer on it anyways so idk why you even care
79F250 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-21-2018, 09:46 AM   #2611
Dukota01
Four Point
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79F250 View Post
Why do you feel the need to blame TPWD?
Grow up and quit being butthurt because thereís rules out there now and you have to pay $50. You have a lease now with big arse deer on it anyways so idk why you even care


Is this all something new to the area? I just started hunting the area and following this site last year but there weren't ANY reports last year of stuff being stolen.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Dukota01 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-21-2018, 02:13 PM   #2612
JDVerfurth
Eight Point
 
JDVerfurth's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Angelo
Hunt In: Realtree APG only!
Default THE Official Twin Buttes Reservoir Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79F250 View Post
Why do you feel the need to blame TPWD?
Grow up and quit being butthurt because thereís rules out there now and you have to pay $50. You have a lease now with big arse deer on it anyways so idk why you even care

Calm down there feller... for YEARS this place was free to hunt without having pay a drop... and then whenever TPWD was taking it over all yíall were so excited and jumping for joy for them to take it over so that all the theft and ďbad stuffĒ would stop, correct? Am I lying? BUT obviously it hasnít stopped even with the beloved TPWD handling the property now. So what did we gain from TPWD taking it over? It still got the same problems as before they took over, just now we have to pay $48 to have yalls shÔt jacked. Youíre correct Iíve got leases and Iíve got several really nice places to hunt on. But, I still pay my $48 and hunt on public cause I didnít forget where my love for hunting came from. It was from years and years of doing shÔt the hard way out on TBR. I care cause I love twin buttes and hunting twin buttes. And thereís nothing TPWD has done to improve the situation out there; except create pointless restrictions that are obviously still going on with people leaving stands up all season and having feeders out. So all I get from you is I shouldnít care that we pay money to a government entity that is suppose to enforce and control the restrictions they bestowed upon us, yet obviously fall short? What I get from you also is that I/We should just go with the flow and ďitíll all work out?Ē Awful backwards thinking in my uneducated opinion, but then again, different strokes for different folks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by JDVerfurth; 12-21-2018 at 02:16 PM.
JDVerfurth is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-21-2018, 07:30 PM   #2613
79F250
Ten Point
 
79F250's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: San Angelo/ Angelo State university
Hunt In: San Angelo/ Any public land
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDVerfurth View Post
Calm down there feller... for YEARS this place was free to hunt without having pay a drop... and then whenever TPWD was taking it over all yíall were so excited and jumping for joy for them to take it over so that all the theft and ďbad stuffĒ would stop, correct? Am I lying? BUT obviously it hasnít stopped even with the beloved TPWD handling the property now. So what did we gain from TPWD taking it over? It still got the same problems as before they took over, just now we have to pay $48 to have yalls shÔt jacked. Youíre correct Iíve got leases and Iíve got several really nice places to hunt on. But, I still pay my $48 and hunt on public cause I didnít forget where my love for hunting came from. It was from years and years of doing shÔt the hard way out on TBR. I care cause I love twin buttes and hunting twin buttes. And thereís nothing TPWD has done to improve the situation out there; except create pointless restrictions that are obviously still going on with people leaving stands up all season and having feeders out. So all I get from you is I shouldnít care that we pay money to a government entity that is suppose to enforce and control the restrictions they bestowed upon us, yet obviously fall short? What I get from you also is that I/We should just go with the flow and ďitíll all work out?Ē Awful backwards thinking in my uneducated opinion, but then again, different strokes for different folks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


So do you want the couple of game wardens we have to just ignore all their other duties and camp out at twin buttes 24/7 to stop thieves? HeLL even if they did that thereís more land at twin buttes than they can cover. Before TPWD took over I never saw a game warden out there and lake division police wouldnít even bother getting out of the truck the few times I saw them. Once TPWD took over I was checked multiple times a season by the game wardens. This year alone Iíve been stopped 8 times. My point is every little thing that happens out there you make it a point to blame TPWD. Do you even know how much work Jason (TGW) has put into TB to make it a better place for everyone? Heís opened up new areas and is working on opening up even more. Heís done brush control in area 8 and has planted a dove field (which is now under water lol). Theyíve used the money we pay for the permit to make those things happen. Is it perfect out there? No, but I donít see you doing anything to help improve it. If you love twin buttes as much as you say you do, you would be out there every organized clean up picking up trash or trying to do something to improve the area but all I see you do is complain about TPWD.
79F250 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-22-2018, 04:54 AM   #2614
txwhitetail
Pope & Young
 
txwhitetail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: San Angelo
Hunt In: Irion Co
Default

Definitely a lot more law enforcement presence out there now which is a plus. Much better keeping some of the trash out than before they took over. Some of the complaints I see are typical of any public hunting place. People leave equipment out there and wonder why people jack with it. There are low lifeís and thieves all over. Itís like leaving your yeti out in plain sight then complaining it was stolen. Lock it down or donít leave it. Sadly thatís the case with anything now days.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
txwhitetail is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-03-2019, 08:18 PM   #2615
bowfishtank401
Four Point
 
bowfishtank401's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Default

Anybody know anything about the "diamond toxik bc" is it worth it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
bowfishtank401 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-07-2019, 08:52 AM   #2616
JDVerfurth
Eight Point
 
JDVerfurth's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Angelo
Hunt In: Realtree APG only!
Default

So now that the seasons over... anyone wanna show off their deer? Anyone get a monster? Anyone get anything? Awful quiet in here....


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JDVerfurth is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-07-2019, 02:24 PM   #2617
Jgriffith
Four Point
 
Jgriffith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDVerfurth View Post
So now that the seasons over... anyone wanna show off their deer? Anyone get a monster? Anyone get anything? Awful quiet in here....


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I saw a lot of deer, but mostly small bucks and doe. Saw a REALLY good buck 2nd week of season, but no shot. Saw some young deer with great potential, as long as they survived.
Jgriffith is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-07-2019, 02:30 PM   #2618
Dukota01
Four Point
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDVerfurth View Post
So now that the seasons over... anyone wanna show off their deer? Anyone get a monster? Anyone get anything? Awful quiet in here....


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


I was skunked this year. Saw a lot of deer in October but never took a shot. Got to full draw on one and it turned and walked away before I pulled the trigger. When I went back in November their patterns had changed and they were only coming in at night. Got one shot off but my sights had shifted and I missed. I did get a turkey in October though.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Dukota01 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-07-2019, 02:30 PM   #2619
Jgriffith
Four Point
 
Jgriffith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDVerfurth View Post
So now that the seasons over... anyone wanna show off their deer? Anyone get a monster? Anyone get anything? Awful quiet in here....


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk






Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jgriffith is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-07-2019, 02:31 PM   #2620
JDVerfurth
Eight Point
 
JDVerfurth's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Angelo
Hunt In: Realtree APG only!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukota01 View Post
I was skunked this year. Saw a lot of deer in October but never took a shot. Got to full draw on one and it turned and walked away before I pulled the trigger. When I went back in November their patterns had changed and they were only coming in at night. Got one shot off but my sights had shifted and I missed. I did get a turkey in October though.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk


Nice!! Big Tom?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JDVerfurth is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-07-2019, 02:32 PM   #2621
JDVerfurth
Eight Point
 
JDVerfurth's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Angelo
Hunt In: Realtree APG only!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgriffith View Post




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Good looking 8... will be bigger next season.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JDVerfurth is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-07-2019, 02:33 PM   #2622
Dukota01
Four Point
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDVerfurth View Post
Nice!! Big Tom?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


No, not a Tom but it was tasty!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Dukota01 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-07-2019, 02:34 PM   #2623
Jgriffith
Four Point
 
Jgriffith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDVerfurth View Post
Good looking 8... will be bigger next season.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
For sure, thatís why he got a free pass.
Jgriffith is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-07-2019, 02:35 PM   #2624
Jgriffith
Four Point
 
Jgriffith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDVerfurth View Post
Good looking 8... will be bigger next season.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk






Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jgriffith is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-07-2019, 02:36 PM   #2625
Dukota01
Four Point
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgriffith View Post




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Holee cow that's nice!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Dukota01 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-07-2019, 02:38 PM   #2626
Jgriffith
Four Point
 
Jgriffith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukota01 View Post
Holee cow that's nice!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Canít post videos on here, but the 2 in the corn ended up sparring. Pretty cool experience!
Jgriffith is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-07-2019, 02:40 PM   #2627
JDVerfurth
Eight Point
 
JDVerfurth's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Angelo
Hunt In: Realtree APG only!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgriffith View Post




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Not too many people have figured out how to get that opportunity on public land; cherish that day.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JDVerfurth is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-07-2019, 02:42 PM   #2628
Dukota01
Four Point
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgriffith View Post
Canít post videos on here, but the 2 in the corn ended up sparring. Pretty cool experience!


I got a couple of spikes on camera sparring in Nov but it was at night. Only had one doe followed by a buck come in during the day in Nov but she came around a tree, looked right at me in the back corner of my blind and they both took off.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Dukota01 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-07-2019, 02:42 PM   #2629
Jgriffith
Four Point
 
Jgriffith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDVerfurth View Post
Not too many people have figured out how to get that opportunity on public land; cherish that day.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I definitely did cherish it. I put in a lot of work last summer trying to give myself the best chance at success. Did a ton of scouting and walking. I didnít punch a tag this year, but it was by choice. I had a good season, despite having to deal with thieves.
Jgriffith is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-07-2019, 02:44 PM   #2630
Dukota01
Four Point
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgriffith View Post
I definitely did cherish it. I put in a lot of work last summer trying to give myself the best chance at success. Did a ton of scouting and walking. I didnít punch a tag this year, but it was by choice. I had a good season, despite having to deal with thieves.


I hear ya on the walking and the thieves and we can add the water and mud to that as well.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Dukota01 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-07-2019, 02:46 PM   #2631
birddogem301
Six Point
 
birddogem301's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Default

How do you put Tapatalk on silent mode?? Dang it Iím trying to sleep and I canít with all that racket going on!!!! I like it when it got quiet!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
birddogem301 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-07-2019, 02:46 PM   #2632
JDVerfurth
Eight Point
 
JDVerfurth's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Angelo
Hunt In: Realtree APG only!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgriffith View Post
I definitely did cherish it. I put in a lot of work last summer trying to give myself the best chance at success. Did a ton of scouting and walking. I didnít punch a tag this year, but it was by choice. I had a good season, despite having to deal with thieves.


Thatís what it takes, lots of prep work in the off season; weíll atleast you did it on your terms and didnít just shoot something to shoot something. Donít get me started on the thief this year some people around here get defensive AF over my opinion.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JDVerfurth is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-07-2019, 02:48 PM   #2633
JDVerfurth
Eight Point
 
JDVerfurth's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Angelo
Hunt In: Realtree APG only!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by birddogem301 View Post
How do you put Tapatalk on silent mode?? Dang it Iím trying to sleep and I canít with all that racket going on!!!! I like it when it got quiet!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.tap...3ft=3185&amp=1

*.... 2pm... why you sleeping?



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JDVerfurth is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-07-2019, 02:49 PM   #2634
JDVerfurth
Eight Point
 
JDVerfurth's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Angelo
Hunt In: Realtree APG only!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukota01 View Post
I got a couple of spikes on camera sparring in Nov but it was at night. Only had one doe followed by a buck come in during the day in Nov but she came around a tree, looked right at me in the back corner of my blind and they both took off.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk


Yes the video thing kills me... Iíve got some awesome video... and no way to show it.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JDVerfurth is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-07-2019, 02:49 PM   #2635
Jgriffith
Four Point
 
Jgriffith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDVerfurth View Post
Thatís what it takes, lots of prep work in the off season; weíll atleast you did it on your terms and didnít just shoot something to shoot something. Donít get me started on the thief this year some people around here get defensive AF over my opinion.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I understand completely man. I had several hundreds dollars worth of stuff stole this year, but I guess thatís part of it. A sad reality, but part of it nonetheless. Did you hunt buttes much?
Jgriffith is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-07-2019, 02:50 PM   #2636
birddogem301
Six Point
 
birddogem301's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDVerfurth View Post
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.tap...3ft=3185&amp=1

*.... 2pm... why you sleeping?



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


12:00 am start to my shift and still recovering from my trip


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
birddogem301 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-07-2019, 02:51 PM   #2637
Dukota01
Four Point
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by birddogem301 View Post
How do you put Tapatalk on silent mode?? Dang it Iím trying to sleep and I canít with all that racket going on!!!! I like it when it got quiet!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Oh quit your whining!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Dukota01 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-07-2019, 02:51 PM   #2638
birddogem301
Six Point
 
birddogem301's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Default




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
birddogem301 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-07-2019, 02:51 PM   #2639
JDVerfurth
Eight Point
 
JDVerfurth's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Angelo
Hunt In: Realtree APG only!
Default THE Official Twin Buttes Reservoir Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgriffith View Post
I understand completely man. I had several hundreds dollars worth of stuff stole this year, but I guess thatís part of it. A sad reality, but part of it nonetheless. Did you hunt buttes much?


Did quite a few weekday rattling sessions tried not to pÓss off any of the weekend guys, with lots of little bucks interested but No real monsters wanted to play, rut was really kind of weird this season everywhere I hunted.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JDVerfurth is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-07-2019, 02:56 PM   #2640
birddogem301
Six Point
 
birddogem301's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Default

Not whining!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
birddogem301 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-07-2019, 02:57 PM   #2641
Jgriffith
Four Point
 
Jgriffith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDVerfurth View Post
Did quite a few weekday rattling sessions tried not to pÓss off any of the weekend guys, with lots of little bucks interested but No real monsters wanted to play, rut was really kind of weird this season everywhere I hunted.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I kinda experienced the same thing. I had a regular group of doe that came in just about every day I was there, but never had the good bucks with them. Had several small 8ís and 4-5 pts nudging them around, but never the shooters I were after. Saw a REALLY good buck early October, had him at 14 yards but mesquite was too thick to shoot. But nothing when the rut was kicking.
Jgriffith is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-09-2019, 10:29 AM   #2642
donpablo
Ten Point
 
donpablo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Odessa
Hunt In: Iraan, Culberson County & Public Land
Default

Not trying to bash TPWD but is it still closed to hunting hogs and predators in the off season? I understand non-hunters use it for hiking and stuff but if it’s not closed to non-hunters during season then it’s not a big enough danger that they should close it off to hunting in the off-season. Also is the duck hunting still only in the a.m.? Those were the changes that rubbed me the wrong way. Not so much the permit requirement.
donpablo is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com