No announcement yet.

A few summit viper mods I’ve made over the years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A simple thing I add to my climbers and lock-ons is screwing a quiver bracket to the stand itself for an easy and solid place to put your quiver.

Comment

Nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You can also raise the seat just by wrapping the seat attachments around an extra wrap

Comment

On my recent out of state trip my buddy’s stand got drenched on day one by rain. I used a loc on that day. I let him borrow my extra viper with seat raised flush. I’m 5’9 hrs 6’2” and his knees where jammed into bar. Didn’t think about that since I’m short. But for you taller fellas may not be able to go as extreme on seat raising

Comment

There's definitely a ton of fellow Summit Viper owners out there and I'm sure that many

Comment

Back up

Comment

Awesome thread. I also have done the insulation wrap on rail and added safety grip tape to the areas where I stand. I have attached and permanent punch on the standing platform for tracking take, Clippers and small saw. Also I keep a spare bow/gun rope in there.

I have re-wrapped the cables a time or two with electrical tape, but if you do this, go easy on tape... it can make cable too thick in a hurry.

I leave my climbers out... so I have not messed with the carry straps.

Comment

I also have a Summit Viper SD - I've tried Hang-on treestands and like them for certain situations - but for all day comfort and sense of security (i.e. top bar around you) nothing beats a summit viper.

One thing I will suggest is to purchase Third Hand Archery stabilizer straps and bow holder - the straps essentially lock the top and bottom pieces into one piece and doesn't allow any piece to fall to the ground (I've had the top part slip while setting up the stand on the ground without the straps - talk about making some noise in the wood - luckily that didn't happen while I was up at my final height).

I've recently purchased a Treehopper (made in the USA) treesaddle/sling - I've sold my hang-ons but I don't think I'll sell my Summit Viper unless the Treehopper Recon saddle/sling is that good (will update on TBH) for all day.

One thing I've noticed is that I consistently fall asleep in the Viper...now I know that's one of there selling points (besides safety), but how many of you fall asleep in this stand? For how long (on average)?

BTW - thanks for the suggestion of PVC insulation pipe - I'm going either to Home Depot or Lowes for that tomorrow!

Comment

One thing I've noticed is that I consistently fall asleep in the Viper...now I know that's one of *their* selling points (besides safety), but how many of you fall asleep in this stand? For how long (on average)?

Comment

Selling Point meaning: that they are so comfortable as to fall asleep in ... not that we're supposed to fall asleep hahaha!

Comment

I sanded the paint off of the teeth that contact the tree. Keeps it from squeaking on smooth bark trees.
                        I have heard that summit will send new cabkes if your old ones get destroyed.

Comment

Nice thread, I bought a viper this year, so great timing I had some of these questions.
                          I was already thinking how to raise that seat and i like the limbs tucked under the strap on the floor for extra concealment.

I have the same issue with the cable wearing, I plan on calling them. I think they should improve that.

Good mention above about adding grip tape to the floor for damp times, thats on my list.
                          Also was wondering how to stop the squeak. Scared a pig last weekend and didnt get a shot. Usually I jump and move around on it before securing with the strap to make sure its not squeaking before getting settled

Comment

another question. I still use the cheap harness that came with it but it gets the job done. wonder if anyone else uses these I imagine it would be uncomfortable if ya fell

Comment

Originally posted by txhunt7 View Post
                              another question. I still use the cheap harness that came with it but it gets the job done. wonder if anyone else uses these I imagine it would be uncomfortable if ya fell
                              Can't go wrong with a Hunter Safety Systems harness. Fairly cheap and very comfortable (never had to hang from one though so not sure about that )

Comment

The hazmore net seat is the best mod for these stands. https://hazmore.net/ That stupid recliner it comes with sucks! The net seat is light and makes packing up the stand a breeze. It also allows you to sit the proper height rather than hanging low in a dang cage. Next best mod is the third hand bow holder and last but not least, throw those dang stirrups away. You don't need em.

Comment

Working...
                                X