RV or Mobile Home Park Investors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RV or Mobile Home Park Investors

I am nearing the end of a project and thinking ahead to some other possibilities... Which has brought me to RV or Mobile home parks.
    I would really appreciate some advice and wisdom from anyone that has seriously looked into or has actually done a Park. Thanks!

There ar several new events park in my area and they all are packed

Comment

Lots of new rv parks going up in our area. We recently had a dog show and one guy said he had a hard time finding a spot, I already thought there were plenty but evidently not.

Comment

Seems like they are getting more and more popular

Comment

Get on city sewer if able. With all this rain...septic tanks are filling up...however seasonal...still an issue.

Farmers Fight!...or sell land for development and retire.

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
            Get on city sewer if able. With all this rain...septic tanks are filling up...however seasonal...still an issue.

Farmers Fight!...or sell land for development and retire.

City sewer means city limits or soon to be city limits and I do not want to play city politics.
            This project must be county.

Comment

Originally posted by Biggs View Post
              City sewer means city limits or soon to be city limits and I do not want to play city politics.
              It’s so much easier on city sewer. We built one, cost was not bad as we did all the work ourselves, bought a building for showers and washers and and dryers, have WiFi and cable included with the hook ups. I wouldn’t even know what it would take as far as septic requirements in building a park.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                It’s so much easier on city sewer. We built one, cost was not bad as we did all the work ourselves, bought a building for showers and washers and and dryers, have WiFi and cable included with the hook ups. I wouldn’t even know what it would take as far as septic requirements in building a park.

Our County is very clear and easy to deal with on septics. An extra “tampon catch” tank for each septic and they do pretty well.

Did you target short or long term tenants? Only rent slots or own/rent trailers too?

Comment

City sewer means you don’t have to meet county and state OSSF sizing requirements where the septic disposal eats a large part of your real estate and tops you out @ 5,000 gallons per day before being regulated by TCEQ. We encourage RV parks to tie into city sewer if available. Mobile homes would be considered a permanent structure and would be sized as such and would have to meet the lot size criteria for onsite which would depend on your county (ours is 3/4 acre per structure on public water and 1-1/2 acre for well). RVs have to be “road ready” are are sized depending on what you can fit on your property while maintaining adequate septic disposal square footage and meets minimum state and county criteria all while staying under 5,000 or else it will be regulated by TCEQ
                  Last edited by Kmiles84; 05-25-2021, 07:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kmiles84 View Post
                    City sewer means you don’t have to meet county and state OSSF sizing requirements where the septic disposal eats a large part of your real estate and tops you out @ 5,000 gallons per day. We encourage RV parks to tie into city sewer if available.
                    This

Comment

Our County is very clear and easy to deal with on septics. An extra “tampon catch” tank for each septic and they do pretty well.

Did you target short or long term tenants? Only rent slots or own/rent trailers too?
                      We target long term tenants, as we’re not really in a “tourist” area. But we are around industry, and a lot of out of town workers come for jobs, turnarounds, pipelines etc.

Comment

Be sure and add in property taxes of a RV park to the expenses. Getting higher every year.

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
                          Be sure and add in property taxes of a RV park to the expenses. Getting higher every year.

That’s another reason I want to stay in the county. Lower taxes!

Comment

My cousin is in the business and he has several parks around the country and they stay booked. This is the one he has in Mississippi and this is where we stayed while hurricane Laura ravaged our town.

Paradise Ranch RV Resort includes 105 acres of entertainment and attractions for the whole family; it also joins the Bogue Chitto River. A Premier Campground Mississippi.

Comment

That’s another reason I want to stay in the county. Lower taxes!
                              The school taxes are still gonna find you either way!

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X