Garage/shop floor coatings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Garage/shop floor coatings

Anyone done a shop floor? I have a 2400sf shop and want to prep it and coat it before selling. What is a good affordable coating? Of course prep is key but I was even thinking of a good cheap Grey primer in bulk after etching it

Ttt

Comment

Go to Sherwin Williams and get their commercial floor coating. It comes in 5 gal buckets

Comment

Thx Harlan I'll look at that I have a store just up the road

Comment

If its going to be a high traffic area make sure you grind the concrete to prep and use a concrete sealer. I recommend at least a 70% solids epoxy, 100% will be a bit more durable. I use Devoe products but Sherwin Williams epoxies are good too. Only mix enough epoxy that you will use in about 40 mins as it will start to harden as soon you mix it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

I had good luck with REXTHANE from Sherwin Williams. Find someone with a commercial account and buy it under them.....much cheaper

Comment

Do not use a water based product!

Comment

I did mine myself last year. Polyaspartic is better than epoxy. Rent a good grinder. Your back will thank you.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

To piggyback off this thread... if I have an epoxy floor that’s 12 years old and starting to wear down, do I need to grind it back down to reapply? Or just clean first?

Comment

Working...
                  X