Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The official "asking for meat thread"

That title just sounds wrong.
    But, I thought I would put it out there.
    There are a lot of us on TBH that don't enjoy the hunting opportunities that others do.
    Financial reasons, whatever. Hunting is tough in Texas if you have no connections or the money for a lease.
    I will get to hunt this year but maybe only five days of the season and I trade labor for those hunts. And of course nothing is in the bag.
    I am not asking for hand outs but I thought it would be cool to set up a network amongst hunters to share the wealth.
    I love to cook. I love wild game. My kids love the meat.
    Nothing's free in this world.
    Post up if you are one in the same position as me.
    Once again. Not asking for handouts. If I can repay I will. Jack of all trades.
    Cheers and happy hunting.

Wish you were closer. My kids are grown and gone so we always have a few to give away

Comment

You are a long way from the Panhandle! If you were closer I would fix you up.

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post
        Wish you were closer. My kids are grown and gone so we always have a few to give away
        My idea is that someone close to you will chime in.

Cheers!

Comment

Some years I have too much meat to use and other years, not enough.

I would gladly give or take as is necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoof View Post
            That title just sounds wrong.
            But, I thought I would put it out there.
            There are a lot of us on TBH that don't enjoy the hunting opportunities that others do.
            Financial reasons, whatever. Hunting is tough in Texas if you have no connections or the money for a lease.
            I will get to hunt this year but maybe only five days of the season and I trade labor for those hunts. And of course nothing is in the bag.
            I am not asking for hand outs but I thought it would be cool to set up a network amongst hunters to share the wealth.
            I love to cook. I love wild game. My kids love the meat.
            Nothing's free in this world.
            Post up if you are one in the same position as me.
            Once again. Not asking for handouts. If I can repay I will. Jack of all trades.
            Cheers and happy hunting.
            you can count on us for some this year.

trade for some javelina sausage?

Comment

I like the premise.

For those of you guys that have meat about to be "freezer burned", it might be a cool gesture to post that fact and see if someone around you needs it.

I'm out so I can't wait for the season to start so I can re-stock

Comment

I will likely have some to give away this year. Just waiting on the status of my MLD tags and how many I'll get.

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
                  you can count on us for some this year.

trade for some javelina sausage?
                  My kids ate it all!
                  Thanks!

Comment

My kids ate it all!
                    Thanks!
                    We did too!

I'll save you one this year early so the pressure will be off -

I usually grind the first couple we shoot, but I can bring it to you however you want it (whole, quartered, deboned....whatever)

Comment

Do you have idea/cost for shipping meat???

I have quite a bit of meat but do not want to spend a lot of money on getting it to you or anyone else really.

I'm sure that will be a big part of this whole deal...getting the meat to the person in need.

Skinny

Comment

Originally posted by Hogdude1234 View Post

I have quite a bit of meat but do not want to spend a lot of money on getting it to you or anyone else really.

I'm sure that will be a big part of this whole deal...getting the meat to the person in need.

Skinny
                        Keep it local. That's the idea.
                        I am hoping that others will post up in your area.

Comment

Originally posted by Hogdude1234 View Post

Skinny
                          Keep it local. That's the idea.
                          I am hoping that others will post up in your area.
                          Yes....if you have too much meat just offer it up for anyone in your area

Comment

I was telling my wife that we needed to start giving some meat away. The season is once more upon us and need to make room in the freezer. So if you or any one else near or in Corpus I got some from last year to give.

Comment

If we could get a TBH Express, I have PLENTY of packaged elk sausage I would gladly give to you. Believe me when I say I have plenty. Started with over 400#'s and it is dang good.

Anyone let me know if you are headed to the Austin area in the near future and can do this TBH Express!

Comment

Working...
                              X