Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Capt.Brown View Post
    You wouldn’t believe how crowed LBJ is.
    The house we looked at booking is way up the Colorado arm near inks. Is it still crowded way up there usually?

Comment

Hamilton.

Spend a week every summer on that lake with the family.

Comment

Originally posted by Justin Spies View Post
        The house we looked at booking is way up the Colorado arm near inks. Is it still crowded way up there usually?
        Not nearly as crowded as the main lake or make River arms
        Your pretty much at the start of what we call the rocks because of the big granite outcroppings that are out in the middle of the river. You will still have some traffic but not near as much as the main lake. You will have to be careful when running the boat until you clear the rocks.

Comment

LBJ is a cluster and a nightmare all in one no matter what you’re planning on doing on that lake.

Comment

Originally posted by wellingtontx View Post
            Hamilton.

Spend a week every summer on that lake with the family.
            Have you been on LBJ for comparison?

Comment

Originally posted by COACH_EM_UP View Post
              Neither. Go to Lake Buchanan. Best of both worlds. Fishing, relaxing, drive upriver to the falls, and it is huge, so even if there are at of boats, you still have room to yourself. Don't go to Inks, as it is has zebra mussels and is fully infested, according to TPWD.
              Pretty much every lake in the highland chain has the zebra muscles now and it didn't take long either. Buchanan inks marble falls Travis and lake Austin all Ave them. The worst is Travis and lake Austin so far.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
                not nearly as crowded as the main lake or make river arms
                your pretty much at the start of what we call the rocks because of the big granite outcroppings that are out in the middle of the river. You will still have some traffic but not near as much as the main lake. You will have to be careful when running the boat until you clear the rocks.
                pm sent

Comment

We rented a house on LBJ a few summers ago... Never again for me. Unless I'm off the water by 10AM. Put water over the bow off my wakeboard twice the first day we were there and decided that was enough.

I had a buddy that had a house down there when i young and I don't remember it being near as crowded but that was 30 years ago now so I'm sure it's changed dramatically.

Comment

Have you been on LBJ for comparison?

Yes, I considered LBJ to be quite frankly, dangerous. Not again for me.

Comment

Find a wide selection of beautiful Lake LBJ, TX vacation rentals offered by Hill Country Stays. Search & Reserve Online Now!

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Place to stay and Best guide!

Comment

Originally posted by Wfalls View Post
                        I will never go back to lbj on any summer weekend especially a holiday weekend. WAY to crowded and dangerous for me .
                        That about sums it up for me too. In the summer, it is absolutely ridiculous. But you could trailer over to Buc pretty easy. Beach the pontoon at Shaw Island and let the kids play in the water.

No experience on Hamilton.

Comment

I would go to Buchanan. For a guide fish with Jackie with Empty Pockets Guide Service.

Comment

We’ve done Hamilton and liked it. Didn’t find it too crowded. Who did you use for RV rental?

Huddleston RV Rental (501) 226-5599

It’s on 270 and Akers Rd. If you come into town from Malvern its on the left before you get on the bypass.

Comment

They’ll deliver set up and pick back up. They’ll do a late pick up also if you talk to them before hand.

Comment

Working...
                              X