BASS Masters Classic...Will Rogers Coliseum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SC-001 View Post
    Yeah saw that on fork when they were there, some of them have the motto "If you can't see it, its not there"
    Sometimes I think it is... "screw it , I will be getting a new boat at the end of the season"

Comment

Actually it was at Dickies Arena.

Comment

I wonder how many bass were killed if the way in was in Ft Worth?

Comment

Originally posted by huntmaster View Post
          As I was sitting in traffic on I-35 Friday evening I was thinking the same thing. I bet it took at lease 1 1/2 hours to get to the arena

Comment

TPW had that well covered. They were heavily involved in the transport of the fish to the arena and back to the lake, the fish didn't travel in the boat livewells. The weigh in was actually at the lake, first 2 days they only transported the biggest 2 fish each and last day all 5. Wasn't odd to have the "festivities" and the lake that far apart, has happened many times but they were concerned over the heat more than anything stressing the fish which is why TPW was highly involved.

Comment

Probably little to none

Comment

Originally posted by friscopaint View Post
                TPW had that well covered. They were heavily involved in the transport of the fish to the arena and back to the lake, the fish didn't travel in the boat livewells. The weigh in was actually at the lake, first 2 days they only transported the biggest 2 fish each and last day all 5. Wasn't odd to have the "festivities" and the lake that far apart, has happened many times but they were concerned over the heat more than anything stressing the fish which is why TPW was highly involved.
                Wasn't odd but they do the Classic in February/March the last 15 years, this year got delayed by covid. I heard they were going to do traditional weigh in until TPWD stepped in. You could only bring your 2 largest in days 1 and 2 and some anglers opted to dump their fish at the lake anyways after they recorded the weight. Last day they brought all 5 fish in and many of them likely had delayed mortality but it was only 25 anglers and many of them didn't have a limit so it was under a 100 fish. Only 4 guys in the whole event had 5 fish every day.

Comment

Friscopaint if they didn't transport them in the boats livewells how did the do it to keep each creel separate? I think they did leave them in the livewells, modern boats have good closed cirulation systems and they add ice an stress chemicals before the they head to the weigh site.

Comment

We can keep 7-8 crappie alive for 8-9 hours no problem. Bass should be easy.

Comment

Doesn't sound like you've caught many big old bass, they're fickle very fickle to keep alive when water temp is over 75.
                      Last edited by bossbowman; 06-15-2021, 10:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X