Price per sq foot custom home builders?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Price per sq foot custom home builders?

What are you guys seeing on mid level build out now? Obviously the 150$ per foot has all but vanished

Custom homes.... not cookie Cutter builder grade subdivision style.

Thx

Anywhere from $180/ft to $210/ft

I would expect $190-$205/ft range for mid level

Comment

My area we are seeing mid level around 230-250ft construction cost not dirt.

Comment

Kingranch out your way might be very high. I bet $300 sqft.

Comment

$225 middle level, $300+ when you start adding good stuff here in our area.

Comment

I’ve got two going on Lake Fork both are under $150/ft. Brick & Stone, mid/high end granite, wood and tile floors, stainless GE appliances, one has a considerable amount of dirtwork, concrete drives, etc.
            A lot of the materials were bought before things got crazy though.

Comment

Wow if prices really are $225 a foot, we will have to start from scratch on our home plans after getting quotes.
              It should not cost $700K to build a 3000 sq ft house!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

When people talk in price per square foot is that everything under the roof or everything that is living sq.ft?

Comment

be12hunt it should be heated and cooled but I believe some add others areas which drive the $/sqft down.

Comment

Originally posted by be12hunt View Post
                    When people talk in price per square foot is that everything under the roof or everything that is living sq.ft?
                    Good question. Realtor's sqft are always heated sqft. Builder's can quote either way and they will yield the same result. You just have to know which one they are quoting. One thing to remember, some house plans have more non ac sqft in relation to ac sqft. So when your neighbor tells you he built for X per sqft, it doesn't necessarily mean that they can build your house for the same per sqft. Math is hard.

Comment

Those prices seem extremely high, even for the current conditions. I’m in Oklahoma, but I can’t imagine there would be that much difference. I went today to get my plans drawn up. House should be around 2750-2800 sqft living space. I have a friend that just had his insulation finished on 2500sqft home. He’s still on track to come in around $120/sqft with his Dad doing the GC. He’s doing granite, stainless appliances, wrap around porches, etc……nothing that would be considered “low end”.

Comment

I can see downtown Houston from my roof. Prices have gotten stupid. A remodled 1500 square foot 2bdr 1 bath 60 year old house is bringing $225 K

Glad I am not looking to move........................

Comment

Paid about $172 sqft for ours that was finished October 2020. That included a shop in the cost but not price per sqft calculation. I think ours would constitute a mid level. Granite counters through out. Walk-in closets and shower.

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor73402 View Post
                            Those prices seem extremely high, even for the current conditions. I’m in Oklahoma, but I can’t imagine there would be that much difference. I went today to get my plans drawn up. House should be around 2750-2800 sqft living space. I have a friend that just had his insulation finished on 2500sqft home. He’s still on track to come in around $120/sqft with his Dad doing the GC. He’s doing granite, stainless appliances, wrap around porches, etc……nothing that would be considered “low end”.
                            You'd be wrong....OK isn't Texas when it comes to alot of things. Housing and economy included. It is ridiculous but the prices above are pretty much spot on. Houses on 1/4 acre with around 2800- 3500 square ft are going for 750k plus in our area. It's insane.

Comment

Originally posted by be12hunt View Post
                              That’s a very good question with many different answers. Personally from our experiences it cant be quoted accurately until you sign on the final dotted line.

Comment

Working...
                              X