This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CoolHandLuke View Post
    What??? Go own??? LMFAO!!! Go away Karen!
    Spelled as it is announced.[emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Beargrasstx View Post
      Same thing I have read about him. I think I stated that about his arm.

However, I have read he is avg to below avg athletic ability projected at the next level. Meaning that he isn't a runner or going to beat people with his legs in college or the pros. Fortunately he doesn't have too. Plenty of qbs have been successful without being dual threat. ----

However, Hermans offense is predicated on the qb being a dual threat with option to run. I don't know any qbs he has had that don't run. Doesn't he run the same offense as Urban Meyer or very similar?

I think he would maximize his ability at Clemson or Oklahoma with those offenses. Good thing is, we will get to see.

I expect great numbers putting up in the Big 12 that doesn't really have great defenses or dlines so he should have plenty of time to pick apart teams
      Not making any predictions about how he will perform, but when it comes to athletic ability and QBs I always think about Tom Brady.

Not only does he have very little athletic ability he was also the 199th pick, nobody saw him coming. The game plan, a good arm and decision making are what counts.

A kid like that can be the next Burrow or a complete flop, so much depends on the coaches and players around him.

Either way he is a great addition and given his location in Texas and his history, probably a tu lock. Something crazy would have to happen to get him to change his mind.

Comment

Originally posted by RLB View Post
        Honestly, I’d love to see Mond lose that game by throwing a couple pick 6’s and having a horrendous game. Maybe, just maybe, we’d get to see another option as QB1.
        As dreadfully painful as that would be I'm almost there with you.

There is some good QB talent behind him, and we need to think about the future.

Comment

So y'all don't think Mond having a great senior season and Aggy finishing in the top 10 with 1-2 losses would be beneficial for the future?

Nonsense.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Look at the schedule. Ags have gone from a very favorable schedule to looking at 3-4 possible losses again.

If I thought the Aggies with Mond could go 9-1 or 8-2 against a pretty tough schedule I'd be happy, I just don't have that much faith in the wide eyed wonder. Jimbo has stacked a lot of talent on that team and I don't want them getting discouraged with more of the same-ole-same-ole from a player who has only performed well in ONE GAME in the last two years. Yes, he has great stats, but never enough to win.

And MAYBE, just maybe I'm completely wrong. Maybe Mond has a breakout year. Nobody saw Burrow coming last year, and the new offense O and LSU put in behind Burrow was a huge part of his success. It matched his skill set perfectly. Burrow also worked out with his receivers all summer throwing 1000's of passes.

I'd like to know what Mond has been doing since December. Has the TAMU O been modified or new plays that match his skill set been drawn up? Has the O-line, a big part of his problem last year, been putting in the work? If Jimbo thinks he can just get Mond to suddenly snap and run his O then I'm afraid we're in trouble.

And I hope I'm wrong, only time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by flatlander View Post
              Look at the schedule. Ags have gone from a very favorable schedule to looking at 3-4 possible losses again.

If I thought the Aggies with Mond could go 9-1 or 8-2 against a pretty tough schedule I'd be happy, I just don't have that much faith in the wide eyed wonder. Jimbo has stacked a lot of talent on that team and I don't want them getting discouraged with more of the same-ole-same-ole from a player who has only performed well in ONE GAME in the last two years. Yes, he has great stats, but never enough to win.

And MAYBE, just maybe I'm completely wrong. Maybe Mond has a breakout year. Nobody saw Burrow coming last year, and the new offense O and LSU put in behind Burrow was a huge part of his success. It matched his skill set perfectly. Burrow also worked out with his receivers all summer throwing 1000's of passes.

I'd like to know what Mond has been doing since December. Has the TAMU O been modified or new plays that match his skill set been drawn up? Has the O-line, a big part of his problem last year, been putting in the work? If Jimbo thinks he can just get Mond to suddenly snap and run his O then I'm afraid we're in trouble.

And I hope I'm wrong, only time will tell.

He’s been tryin to get statues of ags “rich tradition” taken down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

As dreadfully painful as that would be I'm almost there with you.

There is some good QB talent behind him, and we need to think about the future.
                Yes,

Comment

SEC shorts for the win, again.

Comment

Comment

Ags going with 30% capacity

Comment

SEC shorts for the win, again.

https://youtu.be/MlG8nBGs3z8
                        They just keep getting better!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
                          Did the TAMU graduate go to Blinn for a bit? Asking for Karen.
                          Me? No, I never attended Blinn....never needed to.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                            So y'all don't think Mond having a great senior season and Aggy finishing in the top 10 with 1-2 losses would be beneficial for the future?

Nonsense.
                            Billy, I’d love to see that, but putting those eggs in Mond’s basket is a set up for a heart break....again. Absolutely have ZERO confidence in the kid. I know he’s a kid, but we get the same ole “he’ll be better this year” and it seems like he’s going the other direction. In games where the competition is mediocre, he seems to play ok, but the big games....he’s folds up like a walmart lawn chair. I just can’t have high hopes when this guy is at the helm.

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
                              He’s been tryin to get statues of ags “rich tradition” taken down
                              And he’s got more confederate officers in his family tree than Robert E. Lee’s grandkids.

Comment

Originally posted by RLB View Post
                                And he’s got more confederate officers in his family tree than Robert E. Lee’s grandkids.

[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Comment

Working...
                                X