No announcement yet.

Fort Hood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi I'm new to the area, just wondering if this place is worth paying the $130 to hunt (for civilians)? I ask because i see alot of people complain about most of the good areas are closed during season. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Cardale View Post
      Hi I'm new to the area, just wondering if this place is worth paying the $130 to hunt (for civilians)? I ask because i see alot of people complain about most of the good areas are closed during season. Thanks.
      You're not gonna find anything cheaper to hunt.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

I just bought some land in cove to build a house on. Should be up there next year and hunting Hood. I will start following this thread and preparing now.

Comment

There's also a Facebook page that a lot of information is shared through. huntinandfishin @thehood; FT Hood Outdoor Adventures; and Bow Hunters Of Ft Hood Texas.

Originally posted by jaredmartin View Post
          I just bought some land in cove to build a house on. Should be up there next year and hunting Hood. I will start following this thread and preparing now.

Comment

I could not find the first FB page you listed, but I followed the other two. Looks like a few people have nice areas with promising deer. Looking forward to getting set up next year.

Comment

There's another FB group call Fort Hood Hunters

Comment

Anybody having any luck out there this year? Saw one buck and a few does on one of the facebook pages, but not much seems to have been harvested.

Comment

Planning on the PCS to Fort Hood this summer. This thread is 1000 pages long. Lots of good info, but a long read. Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by jaredmartin View Post
                    Anybody having any luck out there this year? Saw one buck and a few does on one of the facebook pages, but not much seems to have been harvested.
                    Killed a 10pt about 2 weeks ago. Not much was killed in archery. Looks like they killed more today than all of archery.

Now I'm looking for a place to hunt, since I can only kill a spike on base....and I'm not feeling a spike hunt.

Comment

New to hunting on ft hood this year and i haven’t scouted at all. I wanted to try and do some saddle hunting is there any decent trees to get up in in the TA areas or is a ground blind going to be my best option. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by williamc51 View Post
                        New to hunting on ft hood this year and i haven’t scouted at all. I wanted to try and do some saddle hunting is there any decent trees to get up in in the TA areas or is a ground blind going to be my best option. Thanks

Depends on the area really. I used my saddle this year.

Comment

Originally posted by ChainReactionGC View Post
                          Depends on the area really. I used my saddle this year.

Ok thank you I’m thinking North east areas thats what was recommended to me by a buddy who used to hunt there.

Comment

Originally posted by williamc51 View Post

I'm bringing my saddle when I PCS this next summer. If you want to scout out some spots once I get on ground we can meet up and do it (if it's allowed, lol).

Hope a saddle works as it's the lightest option I have.

Comment

Originally posted by Abishai View Post
                              I'm bringing my saddle when I PCS this next summer. If you want to scout out some spots once I get on ground we can meet up and do it (if it's allowed, lol).

Hope a saddle works as it's the lightest option I have.

Yea that sounds like a great idea. I was to late in the game this season. Let me know when you get here.

Comment

I'm on the Ft Hood page and don't really understand the process for hunting out here. Aside from hunting license, hunter's ed, the Hood permit and access card, can I just hunt whenever? I would be using a bow, so no need to register a fire arm?

Comment

Working...
                                X