Water heater replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Water heater replacement

What is the going rate for a 40 gal natural gas water heater? The buyers of our house would like the water heater replaced and it being 15 years old, I would say they have a legit reason.

$800-1000 installed

Comment

Probably around $400. That's just for the water heater and that's if y'all install it yourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by CoolHandLuke View Post
        $800-1000 installed

That what I assumed, but I think I could install it myself. Might be easier to come off the house price a little and let them do it.

Comment

About $500 for the cheaper ones. Doing the install yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by shaft_slinger00 View Post
            That what I assumed, but I think I could install it myself. Might be easier to come off the house price a little and let them do it.
            Come off the house price. Make it their problem.

Comment

7 posts in and no one called it a hot water heater

Comment

Lowes has them for $415

Comment

If its in the garage or laundry room, replace it yourself. They really are easy to replace. If it is in the attic, buyers problem

Comment

Most impressed with a water heater lasting 15 years...its not hard to replace if in garage.

Comment

Originally posted by bbqfan5909 View Post
                      Most impressed with a water heater lasting 15 years...its not hard to replace if in garage.
                      I concur. 8-10 years tops!
                      Very easy to replace. Kits are sold.

Comment

35 Remington has the best answer. No " tar babies" needed at a house sale. (Brer Rabbit reference )

Comment

I just replaced my natural gas water heater that was located in the attic. I'd gladly knock a grand off the sale price of my home to not have to do that again. The old water heater is still in the attic because I could not get it to drain with so much sediment in the tank. Good Luck!

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
                            Come off the house price. Make it their problem.
                            This^^^^^^^^^^^give them allowances for any repairs or replacements. If you do it, or contract someone to do it, and there is a problem later..........your gonna here about it.

Comment

Replaced mine March 14, $522 from Home Depot 9 year warranty. I wouldn't put in a 9 year if your selling though. I think the 6 year unit was around the $400 mark.

Comment

Working...
                              X