Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help me decide on scopes for APR TBH build!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by raiderholic View Post
    Look into March scopes
    I have actar, swaro, leupold 6xhd, ior,

you wont find anything out there with the combo of glass, turrents, and weight

got the name from Robert and looked into them, glad I did
    I actually really like them. If the ones I like werent 3300-3500 bux I would be all over it... I could probably swing it but when I could buy 2 Leupolds for the price of 1 its hard to justify in my mind.
    Last edited by OSU Fisher; 03-08-2019, 11:38 PM.

Comment

I have shot out to 1000 yds no problem with the 3x24x42. First I bought was non illuminated for 1800. The 2nd was illuminated and it was 2100

Pricing is fickle with March. Just keep looking. If you go to the 52mm price goes way up but I have not needed 52 for my uses.
      20 oz weight with dials that track like a charm.

Comment

I will say I am intreged to try the mark 5 if they track well

Comment

I have shot out to 1000 yds no problem with the 3x24x42. First I bought was non illuminated for 1800. The 2nd was illuminated and it was 2100

Pricing is fickle with March. Just keep looking. If you go to the 52mm price goes way up but I have not needed 52 for my uses.
          20 oz weight with dials that track like a charm.
          Thanks for the info. Will definitely take it into consideration. Was kinda over looking the 3-24×42. Thinking I would rather have the 52mm which like you stated is ALOT more money

Comment

I'll be running the Swarovski Z5 on mine. 2K cheaper than the March scopes (and it's awesome to boot).

Depends on what you think you'll really need for hunting. Do I need 18X magnification, nope, but I wanted more than 9X. For hunting, realistically anything more than 15X is probably overkill (at least in my world).

Whatever you do, don't skimp on the glass.

Comment

I paid 2000 for my March so that would be a free scope. I’ll take it.

Comment

Robert told me he can get a large discount on the Athlon scopes so I am looking at those now

Comment

Originally posted by OSU Fisher View Post
                  I do agree with the previous glass coment about leupy being better. NF has a ton going for it and make killer optics but alot of their glass isn't the best. But with that said its not like its bad glass. Plenty good for me.
                  I really do want to love the vx-6 hd or even the vx-5 hd. The weight is hard to beat. I just dont know if I can fully trust the tracking..
                  The 4-24×52 or 3-18×50 vx-6 hd's are very intriguing
                  I’ve had a couple of each. I won’t own anything less than an ATACR from NF. The MK6 is acceptable to me, and the NXS is not.

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                    Well I’ve owned both so I know it is. ATACR may be slightly better and reviews say it is but the NXS is not as good.
                    ATACR smokes the NXS in glass quality. MK6 was noticeabley better than the NXS, and ATACR is noticeably better than MK6.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
                      ATACR smokes the NXS in glass quality. MK6 was noticeabley better than the NXS, and ATACR is noticeably better than MK6.
                      I would expect it to be that way. Not sure how the 5-25 Mark 5 stacks up but the Mark 5 and 6 in the 3-18 has to give up some quality for the short size. For what they produce in a small package is great though

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                        I would expect it to be that way. Not sure how the 5-25 Mark 5 stacks up but the Mark 5 and 6 in the 3-18 has to give up some quality for the short size. For what they produce in a small package is great though
                        I wouldn’t have any hesitation to run a C2 MK6 on any rifle. Probably wouldn’t touch the B2 unless it was a stupid deal at $1000 or less though. They’re great little scopes, but I’m not fan of the B2 turrets at all.

Comment

I paid 2000 for my March so that would be a free scope. I’ll take it.
                          Ive found the march scopes for better peices recently. You can get the 52mm ones for around 2400 which isnt terrible

Comment

Originally posted by ckamp52 View Post
                            Robert told me he can get a large discount on the Athlon scopes so I am looking at those now
                            Those athlon cronus Btr are a good looking scope. From what I understand they are quite the step up from the rest of their line. I believe they are the only athlon scope made at the LOW factory in Japan which is where the bushnell elite scope are made (ex. Lrts, xrs-II, dmr). If they werent 36oz I would be looking hard at them. For my intended uses it's just to heavy

Comment

The new VX5HD and VX6HD have the new ZL2 turrets that have reportedly been far better at tracking. I've had good luck with the little amount of dialing I've done with my VX5HD and I wouldn't hesitate to shoot long range with it. In fact on the next build I do I plan on getting another.
                              On this APR build I'm putting on my VX5HD 3-15x56mm. The glass quality is amazing. On par with the top of the line Swarovski and Zeiss.

Comment

Originally posted by keatonskidmore View Post
                                The new VX5HD and VX6HD have the new ZL2 turrets that have reportedly been far better at tracking. I've had good luck with the little amount of dialing I've done with my VX5HD and I wouldn't hesitate to shoot long range with it. In fact on the next build I do I plan on getting another.
                                On this APR build I'm putting on my VX5HD 3-15x56mm. The glass quality is amazing. On par with the top of the line Swarovski and Zeiss.
                                Ive heard that as well. I want to trust them and possibly go that route for size/weight options but I just struggle with fully trusting them. I will be dialing 90% of the time and cant afford to have a scope not track right.

Comment

Working...
                                X