Dog got sprayed AGAIN!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dog got sprayed AGAIN!

My dang boxer is a skunk magnet! Anyone had any luck getting the smell to calm down? He’s an inside/outside dog, but I hate leaving him out when it’s cold! I hate the cold, I don’t want to make him stay out there either!
    Thanks for any advice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nature’s miracle skunk odor remover has always worked great for us.

Comment

Where can I get some? Order online or TSC may have it?

Comment

Natures miracle works, also dawn dish soap, peroxide and baking soda work great. Make a paste and wash the dog real well. Don’t get it in their eyes. My dog likes to get sprayed too. Lol. Hes an inside dog but seems to be a skunk magnet when he’s out.

Comment

You need a new dog. Seriously, some dogs seem to relish the smell. A friend of my Dad's had a Brittany that would get nailed every single quail hunt. He just liked it.

Comment

A lot of it is my fault, we had a pool put in last summer and I took the fence down for he construction and never put one back up. You may be right though, this is like the third time in the last couple months.

Comment

1/2 cup dawn, 1/4 cup of baking soda, and 1 quart of peroxide. Sponge it on, leave it for several minutes. Make sure you wipe his ears and his gum line but don't let him swallow any. (The peroxide will make him vomit.) Then rinse it off.

Works on clothing, too. It may bleach his hair a little, too.

Comment

I think Texas state law requires a fence around pools. You can ask your insurance agent.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                  Natures miracle works, also dawn dish soap, peroxide and baking soda work great. Make a paste and wash the dog real well. Don’t get it in their eyes. My dog likes to get sprayed too. Lol. Hes an inside dog but seems to be a skunk magnet when he’s out.
                  This. My dog got sprayed 1 week after we moved into our brand new house and I didn't know until she came sprinting inside. But this worked. Getting the smell out of the house on the otherhand took time

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                    There you go, Panhandlehunter has the recipe.
                    Adios,
                    Gary

Comment

Awesome to know you can always rely on the green screen! Thank you all for your input!

Comment

Originally posted by Aimlow_312 View Post
                        Awesome to know you can always rely on the green screen! Thank you all for your input!

I get sprayed 3-5 times a week at work. We use vinegar at work to removed the smell works great on us. If you need help trapping and removing it let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
                          1/2 cup dawn, 1/4 cup of baking soda, and 1 quart of peroxide. Sponge it on, leave it for several minutes. Make sure you wipe his ears and his gum line but don't let him swallow any. (The peroxide will make him vomit.) Then rinse it off.

Works on clothing, too. It may bleach his hair a little, too.
                          This. My idiot boxer was sprayed more than once years ago. It's the only thing that worked. Had to do it a couple of times. Didn't rid it completely but made it much more better and tolerable. The smell was gone completely in about a day.

Comment

We had a dachshund that would get sprayed all the time. Let them dry out first. Don't spray with water immediately after. The smell from the oil gets in the fur and it takes forever to get the stink out.

Comment

Get a smarter dog, I have German wirehair that kills skunks all the time and never gets sprayed, the problem is the dumb brittney that goes and rolls on it.
                              He is not so good with porcupines

Comment

Working...
                              X