Spray bedliner on Ranch Truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spray bedliner on Ranch Truck

Looking to do a spray or roll on bedliner on my 86 bronco that will be used as a ranch/hunting truck. I prefer a tan color. I've read it is easier to roll on the bedliner because it thickens quickly and gums up a spray gun.

Any suggestions on application and what products to use would be appreciated.

Did an 89 Bronco 6 years ago. And it still looks good.
    Used Raptor and had it tinted.
    Doesn’t hurt to scuff it with at least a scouring pad. Wash it well and wipe it down. I shot an adhesion promoter on chrome and plastics. Tape and paper everything you don’t want covered and shoot it.

Comment

Check out( monstaliner )just did my old cj 5 in od green they have plenty of colors to choose from and leaves an orange peel finish .I’ll try to post of pictures of it

Comment

Monstaliner

Od green
        Attached Files

Comment

I used monstaliner on my Cherokee. It was rolled on and a year and a few months later still looks great.

Click image for larger version

Name:	284C759A-75CE-493C-BC0B-3A36430229D2.jpeg
Views:	4
Size:	95.3 KB
ID:	24550816

Comment

I used Monstaliner for a bedliner and to coat headack rack/ tool box's. It has held up very good and I actually use a headache rack for racking lumber, pipe etc. I can tell you that using a undercoating gun and spraying kit on is much better/easier/faster than the roller. I will never go back to rollers now that I have the air compressor. If rolling it, make sure to get extra rollers. I also used Durabak by Coat L Coating's back around 2000, that was good stuff and I rolled a Samurai hunting rig with that DIY bedliner.

Comment

Good jobs, look like there are some craftsman here.

Comment

Prep, lots of frog tape and lots of extra rollers are key. Rubber gloves and long sleeves are your friends.

Name:	0ABD955D-BDBA-4B5D-937A-B7ABD9359238.jpeg
Views:	2
Size:	128.8 KB
ID:	24550823

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy moss View Post
                  Check out( monstaliner )just did my old cj 5 in od green they have plenty of colors to choose from and leaves an orange peel finish .I’ll try to post of pictures of it
                  How much of the product did it take to coat the whole jeep?

Comment

1 gallon

Comment

how easy does mud come off

Comment

Name:	E43778EA-DA26-4C2B-B7DC-47901E2E958D.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	24551278

Name:	06C8B518-D1DA-40BD-9911-7A0270B7E20F.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	24551279

I sprayed my truck this year. I think it turned out great.

Comment

Those look great! I’m planning on spraying my Discovery II in OD when I get around to it. Probably after deer season.

Comment

Originally posted by Wil Taylor View Post

I sprayed my truck this year. I think it turned out great.
                            It sure did!

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
                              It sure did!
                              Thanks,
                              I will say this about spraying this stuff. I did this under my shop in the shade and open on three sides with plenty of ventilation. But I think I might’ve got a tad bit high from the fumes because I know I didn’t drink that much beer while working on it. So I do recommend using a good organic vapor respirator while spraying.

Comment

Working...
                              X