No announcement yet.

Youth hunts and school question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I always lived by the motto "Don't let school get in the way of a real education."

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
      I always lived by the motto "Don't let school get in the way of a real education."
      I like it. I've only taken my son out early on a Friday afternoon to hunt. Wouldn't hesitate to make it a full day if it were the right hunt.

Comment

Growing up in colorado I always took the week for the rifle season. Most teachers were very supportive of that back in the day. With this online learning I was able to take my daughter to Colorado for her antlerless elk muzzleloader tag. She didn't miss any school and tagged out in 30 min the first evening we went out.

Comment

Originally posted by coelk81 View Post
          Growing up in colorado I always took the week for the rifle season. Most teachers were very supportive of that back in the day. With this online learning I was able to take my daughter to Colorado for her antlerless elk muzzleloader tag. She didn't miss any school and tagged out in 30 min the first evening we went out.
          Congrats and welcome!

Comment

I've always make sure my son has near perfect attendance, so when we have the opportunity to go on a hunt he can miss school and it not be an issue.

Comment

When I was a kid, the only time I had good grades, a & b, was before and during hunting season. Then, I would skip some days with my dad.

Comment

Sent from Texasbowhunter.com app for writemyessaysonline

Originally posted by RandyBonnette View Post
                Greetings from an old hunter,
                My grandson is 9 and I want to take him out for the first time. Do I need to write a note to the principal? Or a letter to each teacher? My wife is going crazy when I'm telling her about it, she thinks he can't miss a single day at school. But I don't care, I must teach him at least the basics, while I'm still in a perfect condition (I don't think I can stop aging... ).

We had a great time with Leo, I must say. Despite the fact that his teacher wasn't happy about it, I took him out of school the other day.
                Last edited by RandyBonnette; 10-26-2020, 04:44 AM.

Comment

It was his third time already. During the lockdown, we had much time to plan our single-day hunts.

Comment

Checking the boy out Friday at noon. He learns more with me than at school anyway.

Comment

Working...
                    X