Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RR 314 View Post
    Any bets on the kind of animal?
    Hopefully it's #2 on the hit list type animal?!

Comment

No hit list here fellas. Public land you take what is offered and don't get picky. We got carried away cleaning and cooking tenderloin.
      He ain't no trophy but is providing dinner tonight, breakfast and dinner tomorrow for the family!

Shot at 21 yards and ran 40 yards before toppling within sight.
      I drew at 30 yds then he turned directly toward me and I held for what seemed like forever. In actuality it was probably a minute or 2 at most.
      Attached Files

Comment

My new Jank knife has been christened.

Comment

Back in the stand. Momma is cooking tenderloin, biscuits, and gravy for dinner tonight so we decided to hunt next to dads house. Essentially across the street and up the mountain. He dropped me off at 3 and I just walked until the sound of acorns falling called my name. Quick walk through to find tore up leaves is all it took. Picked a tree and here I am.
          Attached Files

Comment

My trophies come with time well spent with dad hunting and mom cooking. We started hunting together 28 years ago when I was 9 sharing tons of daylight to dark time together. Dad is the only other hunter I know that logs more boots on the ground time scouting than me.

Once hunting is done I'm off to the kitchen each day to help mom prep, cook, and clean. I enjoy making meals and spending just as much time with her as I know they won't be around forever.

Good luck tomorrow fellas opening day for y'all and my last day here at home. Flying back to Austin Sunday morning. Gotta find me a buck!

Comment

Well done

Comment

Nice work! Feels good to be home I bet?!

Comment

Awesome!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Nothing this evening except turkeys.
                    The fried tenderloin and gravy biscuits were to die for!

Comment

In the tree and ready. I moved another 50 yards in hopes those 2 bucks I saw day 1 come through today. Dad moved as well to another low area below his clover food plot.

I'm digging hunting out of the saddle. The versatility cannot be beat. Although my pack heavy having a good load bearing pack helps tremendously. I can hunt any tree and have 360 degree shooting capability while keeping the tree between the deer and myself.

Roosters are crowing, gotta go!
                      Attached Files

Comment

Congrats

Comment

As good as it gets right here. Thanks for sharing. Reminds me of Dad and I.

Comment

Nice job Justin. 4 weeks from today I will be in the woods with my dad too. Cherish the same memories you spoke of only we been hunting together 50 years. I have to help him in and out of the woods now. I draw his crossbow for him but it’s all payback for those times he literally carried me on his shoulders in the woods. And you’re right. Take what the land offers. Good luck on your last day buddy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The acorns have slowed down on dropping. Nothing like that first morning when they sounded like rain. A spike walked by today at 900. He stopped where yesterday's deer expired and smelled all the blood for 2 plus minutes then continued on his way. He walked through a shooting lane at 38 yards but I couldn't get him to stop.

Today dad moved his stand and wouldn't you know it he was getting pictures of deer where he moved it from. They came to say hello and check mate.
                              Attached Files

Comment

My trip is finished. Sitting in McGhee Tyson Airport in Knoxville await boarding. It was a great trip.

Look who showed up at my stand location this morning!
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X