Led headlights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Led headlights

So it's been on here b4 and we never really came up with an answer. Well my commuter cars regular beams went out so I decided to get some led ones to replace em with. Lightning dark are what i went with on Amazon. 55 bucks for a set.
    After replacing the regular beams, I've now done my high beams, my interior lights and day bulbs. I'm impressed.
    I've now ordered another 2 sets to do my 18 250s headlamps.
    Just thought I'd share. To me I'm impressed with the gains in brightness and clarity of the headlamps. No more old red orange look to the light output.

Originally posted by pervis View Post
    So it's been on here b4 and we never really came up with an answer. Well my commuter cars regular beams went out so I decided to get some led ones to replace em with. Lightning dark are what i went with on Amazon. 55 bucks for a set.
    After replacing the regular beams, I've now done my high beams, my interior lights and day bulbs. I'm impressed.
    I've now ordered another 2 sets to do my 18 250s headlamps.
    Just thought I'd share. To me I'm impressed with the gains in brightness and clarity of the headlamps. No more old red orange look to the light output.
    Thanks for the review on these. I’ve wanted to update my Sylvania Daystars, but seems like everyone I talk to said don’t waste your money unless you’re willing to spend hundreds of bucks updating your entire lighting system. Good to know these work.

Comment

There’s lots of options that work, it just depends on how well they work.

The problem with some LEDs is that they don’t focus the light down the road. This is noticed in reflector housings as they don’t have lenses like projectors do.

The real problem is blinding people. With increasing the measurable lux output, it’s going to be brighter on oncoming traffic as well.

The danger of the increase in brightness is losing down road vision. Hopefully you didn’t sacrifice that with your setup. It’s pretty important at highway speeds.

Comment

Originally posted by 12RingKing View Post
        There’s lots of options that work, it just depends on how well they work.

The problem with some LEDs is that they don’t focus the light down the road. This is noticed in reflector housings as they don’t have lenses like projectors do.

The real problem is blinding people. With increasing the measurable lux output, it’s going to be brighter on oncoming traffic as well.

The danger of the increase in brightness is losing down road vision. Hopefully you didn’t sacrifice that with your setup. It’s pretty important at highway speeds.
        Easy to recognize the LED lights approaching you---and I don't think the gains in visibility outweigh the offset in visibility to oncomers.

Comment

I haven't had anyone flash me yet to turn off my low beams. I'm very happy w the lightning dark LEDs. Gona put em on my 18 250 when I get off work on sun this coming weekend

Comment

Working...
          X