Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Afred Morris hasn’t had a 1000 yard season since 2014 and hasn’t played a whole season since 2015. He had a killer rookie year with the skins in 2012 but has steadily declined since. Hard to picture him do anything close what zeke does for the cowboys.

Trading zeke is the best chance at replacing him. yes most talking heads say zeke is right to sit. On the other hand most say that 15m/yr is crazy too. Jerry has been in his corner since the beginning....and the drama started in the beginning. He has been paid pretty good too. Zeke is handling this poorly like he has so many other off Field issues. Doesn’t he owe the team a little more respect? He should be in camp paid or not. If he was I’m sure Jerry would be quicker to break out the check book.

Even if Dak has made strides in the passing game having an explosive 3 down back only helps. The window is open NOW in Dallas. Gonna be interesting seeing how this plays out either way.
    Last edited by Jcjohnson; 07-30-2019, 04:11 AM.

Comment

Zeke 2018.

The top 10 back in number of carries:

#1 in carries Zeke
      #1 in fumbles Zeke
      #5/6 yards per carry Zeke(tied with Chris Carson)
      #9 in touchdowns Zeke

Zeke was #21 overall in yards per carry.
      Zeke was #20-26 in rushing TD's(tied with 6 other players including Dak)

Why is Zeke special? Because Jerry hands him the ball a lot between the 20's.
      You give any decent NFL back the ball 304 times and they will rack up a lot of yards.

I'll take a back that scores TD's in the redzone, closes out games, doesn't set the ball on the ground and acts like he has some sense when he if off work.

Comment

A Back that can replace his production or carries isn’t on the roster right now.
        Last edited by Jcjohnson; 07-30-2019, 06:22 AM.

Comment

https://sports.yahoo.com/rush-cowboy...042416976.html.

Comment

Originally posted by GA Bowhunter View Post
            Zeke 2018.

The top 10 back in number of carries:

#1 in carries Zeke
            #1 in fumbles Zeke
            #5/6 yards per carry Zeke(tied with Chris Carson)
            #9 in touchdowns Zeke

Zeke was #21 overall in yards per carry.
            Zeke was #20-26 in rushing TD's(tied with 6 other players including Dak)

Why is Zeke special? Because Jerry hands him the ball a lot between the 20's.
            You give any decent NFL back the ball 304 times and they will rack up a lot of yards.

I'll take a back that scores TD's in the redzone, closes out games, doesn't set the ball on the ground and acts like he has some sense when he if off work.
            Zeke doesn't call the plays and the Cowboys red zone play calling was predominately pass first under Linehan - one of the reasons he is gone.

I don't know how many times Zeke fumbled but I'm pretty sure he only had 1 fumble that was recovered by the opposing team - which is what counts.

All those carries between the 20's - who do you think was extending those drives and keeping the other team's offense off the field - incl 4th quarter?

Zeke is an elite RB who is also a workhorse - with the most touches of any RB since he entered the NFL. Plus, every team's makeup is different. I personally think anyone is crazy if they think this Cowboys team can contend for a SB this season or next without an elite RB. They don't have an elite QB - at least right now. Cooper is good but not elite - I'm not even sure he cracks the top 10 NFL receivers.

The market is what the market it is - that will determine what Zeke gets. Whether by the Cowboys or whoever else. If they are going to have to sign him to a 5 year deal, better this season at the age of 24.

I just want to see them win and hopefully get to the NFC championship game this season at a minimum. I hope both sides are reasonable and they get him signed.

Comment

Zeke will get his contract and then get hurt in About week 6 always happens seems like .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

2019 Dallas Cowboys season thread....

Originally posted by ttechdallas View Post
                Zeke doesn't call the plays and the Cowboys red zone play calling was predominately pass first under Linehan - one of the reasons he is gone.

I don't know how many times Zeke fumbled but I'm pretty sure he only had 1 fumble that was recovered by the opposing team - which is what counts.

All those carries between the 20's - who do you think was extending those drives and keeping the other team's offense off the field - incl 4th quarter?

Zeke is an elite RB who is also a workhorse - with the most touches of any RB since he entered the NFL. Plus, every team's makeup is different. I personally think anyone is crazy if they think this Cowboys team can contend for a SB this season or next without an elite RB. They don't have an elite QB - at least right now. Cooper is good but not elite - I'm not even sure he cracks the top 10 NFL receivers.

The market is what the market it is - that will determine what Zeke gets. Whether by the Cowboys or whoever else. If they are going to have to sign him to a 5 year deal, better this season at the age of 24.

I just want to see them win and hopefully get to the NFC championship game this season at a minimum. I hope both sides are reasonable and they get him signed.

Cooper is absolutely elite.

I think this offense would work just fine without Zeke as long as Moore isn’t as awful as Garrett, and Garrett stays out of it.

Zeke or no Zeke, I’d be drunker’n a peach orchard boar on blue koolaide...if I didn’t keep remembering we’ve got the 31st ranked coach in the nfl...

Last edited by Dale Moser; 07-30-2019, 07:59 AM.

Comment

Cooper is good but not elite - I'm not even sure he cracks the top 10 NFL receivers.

Lotta NFL talking heads will argue that especially in his route running. Me I think Elite is one of the most over used words in football.

I just want to see them win and hopefully get to the NFC championship game this season at a minimum. .
                  We all want this....but have spent years watching ****ty contracts hamstring this team.

Originally posted by Hoss163 View Post
                  Zeke will get his contract and then get hurt in About week 6 always happens seems like .
                  I've already had a year full of nutkicks in vehicle expenses, hospital bills and the Rangers.....I don't need another one..

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post

I think this offense would work just fine without Zeke as long as Moore isn’t as awful as Garrett, and Garrett stays out of it.

He's **** sure an "elite" route runner. Now if the new Dak can get him the ball.

Comment

Cooper is definitely an “elite” WR use whatever term you like.

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
                      Cooper is definitely an “elite” WR use whatever term you like.

What ever he is he brings the same amount of value maybe more.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post

Zeke or no Zeke, I’d be drunker’n a peach orchard boar on blue koolaide...if I didn’t keep remembering we’ve got the 31st ranked coach in the nfl...

Then you haven't paid as much attention to how this team has been built over the past few seasons. It is built around Zeke and the running game - so that the Cowboys can control the situations in which they do pass.

Cooper is good and he may ultimately become elite but he is nowhere close to an elite receiver up til now. Like Zeke, he was a 4th pick in the 1st round. In 5 years, he has only cracked the top 20 in a single receiving category 1 time. He made 1 Pro Bowl - as a late injury replacement.

Contrast that with Zeke who is elite.

As for Garrett, I'm not sure we'll ever know how good a coach he is or isn't until he is with an organization run like an NFL team should be. With a real GM and player personnel manager who are held as accountable as every other position - player, coach, management.

Comment

Then you haven't paid as much attention to how this team has been built over the past few seasons. It is built around Zeke and the running game - so that the Cowboys can control the situations in which they do pass.

Cooper is good and he may ultimately become elite but he is nowhere close to an elite receiver up til now. Like Zeke, he was a 4th pick in the 1st round. In 5 years, he has only cracked the top 20 in a single receiving category 1 time. He made 1 Pro Bowl - as a late injury replacement.

Contrast that with Zeke who is elite.

As for Garrett, I'm not sure we'll ever know how good a coach he is or isn't until he is with an organization run like an NFL team should be. With a real GM and player personnel manager who are held as accountable as every other position - player, coach, management.

Linehan is gone. I see changes on the horizon for this 1st and 10 run offense of the past..
                          Last edited by Smart; 07-30-2019, 11:21 AM.

Comment

I think Cooper has 3 pro bowls in 4 seasons, he missed several games in the year he did not make it, that is pretty elite Imo.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Jcjohnson View Post
                                What ever he is he brings the same amount of value maybe more.

Yep you could make the argument a top tier receiver is “worth” more than Zeke in the current setup and Oline. Not far fetched.

Comment

Working...
                                X