2019 Select Baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Grant2 View Post
    Well we played our first tournament this weekend and the boys started off great. We won the first game 15-1 and the second game 10-0 the bats are alive as of right now, so hope it keeps going through the weekend.

We have a scrimmage against the Eagles tomorrow, it'll be cold and windy, perfect baseball weather

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post

We have a scrimmage against the Eagles tomorrow, it'll be cold and windy, perfect baseball weather
      Yep nothing like February baseball LOL! Good luck tomorrow get the work in and fix the little things.

Comment

Well we ended up 2nd in the tournament. We only allowed 3 runs in four games then the wheels fell apart in the championship game. Very proud of the boys for their first tournament of the season. I see good things coming for this group of young men.

Comment

Where and who you play tonight?
          Watching GC as group of 9u majors are playing in a 10U tourney and are devastating a team that burnt all their pitchers out getting to that game..
          First at bat for the 9u team lasted 45 minutes...

Comment

Rough weekend of ball for both of my boys. Oldest played in a 13u perfect game event and found out pretty quick that they are not ready for that level of competition! It's no fun getting a beat down, but it will sure let them know they need to work harder. My 10yo's team was flat all weekend at the plate and in the field. On a positive note both of my boys did their jobs and kept playing hard despite the scores. We'll chalk it up as a learning weekend and get after it again in a couple of weeks.

Comment

Well we ended up 2nd in the tournament. We only allowed 3 runs in four games then the wheels fell apart in the championship game. Very proud of the boys for their first tournament of the season. I see good things coming for this group of young men.
              Congrats and great way to kick off the spring!

Comment

Originally posted by cwill View Post
                Rough weekend of ball for both of my boys. Oldest played in a 13u perfect game event and found out pretty quick that they are not ready for that level of competition! It's no fun getting a beat down, but it will sure let them know they need to work harder. My 10yo's team was flat all weekend at the plate and in the field. On a positive note both of my boys did their jobs and kept playing hard despite the scores. We'll chalk it up as a learning weekend and get after it again in a couple of weeks.
                you either win or you learn, we have been on the learning end of a few beatdowns too lol.

our scrimmage went well, both teams pitched a different kid every inning and all the boys got 5 a bats. brock had a couple hits and a couple walks, gave up a hit and got 3 groundball outs in his inning. we held our own against a good team so hopefully we can carry it over.

Comment

It's early in the season just take it easy and let the development take over. Get the reps in and enjoy it right now it's a long season.

Comment

We had a last minute round robin tournament added for this weekend, wood bat only, it's our first time in a wood bat tourney so it should be interesting. The boys are excited. It's going to be on turf but still hoping the weather holds off.

I have a hog hunting spot right down the road too so we may get a little shooting in before we head back home in the evenings.

Comment

We had a last minute round robin tournament added for this weekend, wood bat only, it's our first time in a wood bat tourney so it should be interesting. The boys are excited. It's going to be on turf but still hoping the weather holds off.

I have a hog hunting spot right down the road too so we may get a little shooting in before we head back home in the evenings.
                      Where are yall playing?

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
                        Where are yall playing?
                        Diamond kings in McKinney... I can't see how that's still considered McKinney way up there lol.

Sounds like it's us, Texas Stix, Dulins Dodgers and BN Mavericks-Fiveash.

Comment

Parents: Is it more important to win a ring at 9-12 years old OR watch your kid improve, prepare and learn the game?

Comment

Diamond kings in McKinney... I can't see how that's still considered McKinney way up there lol.

Sounds like it's us, Texas Stix, Dulins Dodgers and BN Mavericks-Fiveash.
                            Whelp - I have no idea how we got involved in this one, but we will be seeing you, lol.

From what I understand, this is a fairly green AAA team, so playing with you guys and Fiveash should be an experience to say the least, lol.

If Jax swings a 29-19 bat, what should we look for in wood?

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
                              Whelp - I have no idea how we got involved in this one, but we will be seeing you, lol.

From what I understand, this is a fairly green AAA team, so playing with you guys and Fiveash should be an experience to say the least, lol.

If Jax swings a 29-19 bat, what should we look for in wood?
                              Awesome, man I couldn't remember if you guys ended up there or not. We just got a new schedule and it's Dodgers-Greenway instead of the Stix.

I would stay with a -10 if you can find one. We Have a 30/25 Axe and a 30/24 Marucci, but I'm hoping someone else on the team has a -8 or -10 we can use, it's tough enough hitting with wood already, need that extra swing speed.

Comment

Awesome, man I couldn't remember if you guys ended up there or not. We just got a new schedule and it's Dodgers-Greenway instead of the Stix.

I would stay with a -10 if you can find one. We Have a 30/25 Axe and a 30/24 Marucci, but I'm hoping someone else on the team has a -8 or -10 we can use, it's tough enough hitting with wood already, need that extra swing speed.
                                Greenway is us! That's our facility. It is considered more Celina / Prosper than McKinney.

Jax got a -5 that he got to paint at the Warstic facility. It was just for looks though, and the fun of it.

I have looked at the metal stuff, but didn't know if the wood bats would be similar, or if the specs would be different.

I will have to look for a place that may have a selection.

Comment

Working...
                                X