Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discount tire confusion

Ok truck needs a new set
    I have 275/65/20 on a Chevy 1500 , run over to DT and they say I am definitely running the wrong size and need 275/60/20
    Here is my beef the 65’s are E rated 10ply ( out of stock) , the 60’s are SL rated 4 ply ( in stock @ store)
    And the sales guy keeps insisting my daily needs are a SL rated tire which I insist are definitely to lite duty for my ranch driving and trailer pulling

I said I could drive over to the local shop and they wouldn’t argue about it
    Sales guy “ says he was just trying to look after my true needs “
    But will have my E rated In and on by 115 tomorrow

Who is right me or DT ? wife thinks I should have listened to the tire guy
    Who says rough ride , cruddy mpg , and hard on the vehicle running E’s
    Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 05-14-2020, 03:38 PM.

He wants you to commit before you find another place with the size you want.

Comment

Customer is always right, I don't go to DT anymore there is no discount in Discount Tire, Do all my business with NTB.

Comment

Don’t listen to your wife.

It’s your truck, run the size tire you want to run don’t worry about that tire Jockey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I quit using them after they put the wrong size tires on my truck. I ordered a slightly bigger size than factory and they put factory on passenger side and the bigger size on the drivers side. My traction control kept kicking on and that was the reason why. Manager argues with me that they wouldn’t make that mistake. Took quite a bit of arguing to get it right.

Comment

Love a good discount rant thread.

They ****** me off so badly for a routine balance/rotate I filled out the survey that was emailed to me a week later.

Manager reached out and made me very happy after that.

Comment

They didn't tighten the lug nuts on my wife's car one time. But my next best option around my office cost me a new motor in my truck on an oil change. I don't think there is a good tire shop option out there.

Comment

Go throw a tire threw the window😁

Comment

He was looking after his commission #'s for the day. You made the right choice.

Comment

Are those stock tires? Check the sticker on the inside of your door panel. My stock F150 on 20's came OEM with 275-55-20 as reference.

Comment

The 65 tire is .54" taller, of course the 10ply tire will be stiffer, but the DT isnt the one driving the truck everyday. I wouldn't get the SL rated tires, especially if you pull a trailer and drive ranch roads.

Comment

No way in hell I’d run 4 ply tires on ranch roads. Or at all for that matter.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasBlazer72 View Post
                          Are those stock tires? Check the sticker on the inside of your door panel. My stock F150 on 20's came OEM with 275-55-20 as reference.
                          When I bought the truck from the dealership with 27 miles on the odometer it was wearing 275/65/20 . 55,000 miles and I have never looked at the door sticker but maybe I should investigate ?
                          Are your tires E rated?

My truck is a 2014 1500HD / 5/8 ton with 3:73 gears
                          Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 05-14-2020, 04:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                            X2

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                              This

Comment

Working...
                              X